Quick pic of the new stripes with the car cleaned up - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-07-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Garage
Quick pic of the new stripes with the car cleaned up

I'm really glad I decided to add the stripe. I think it makes the car stand out and I think the white over Ruby Red really looks good. Here's a quick pic I took after washing it today. Let me know what you guys think!

It took about two hours to get it cleaned up; not too bad but the air compressor really helps. I did everything ( wheels, tires, wheel wells, conditioned seats, vacuum, dash, engine, engine bay, trunk, axle back etc. Now it's just a waiting game for my X4 to get here so I can put my steeda CAI on, which should be on Tuesday. No wax this time but it was waxed last week.

Thanks guys.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2016 Mustang GT 401a, 6A, Magnetic Metallic, Nav, Shaker Pro, 20" SVE Series 3's, Steeda CAI, Corsa Sports, BMR SP080 Springs, BMR Caster/Camber Plates, JLT Catch Can, Redline Hood Struts.....

2014 Mustang GT 400a, 6M, Recaros, 3.73's, 19" Drifts, electronics/nav., Kooks A/B's, AED Tune /Steeda CAI/BBQ Igniter Tick... SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-07-2014
GT Member

Looks outstanding. I did a complete polish and seal spending a few hours a day for the last four days. After 3 years I was starting to get a few fine scratches. Not bad as I always use care when washing. I think you definitely made a good choice on the stripe.

2011 Red Candy /build 2/1/11/ 401A
MT with Redline MTL/ Brembos/355's/glass roof
Shaker 1000/Scoops/Clear bra/Steeda UCA and PH bar
Redline hood lifts/Bilsteins with Ford Racing P springs & axle bks
UPR catch can/whiteline kdt928/MGW shifter with Epco ball
Shaftmasters DS/BMR loop & relocation brackets
Nitto 555 G2's/Steeda jack rails
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-07-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusman59 View Post
Looks outstanding. I did a complete polish and seal spending a few hours a day for the last four days. After 3 years I was starting to get a few fine scratches. Not bad as I always use care when washing. I think you definitely made a good choice on the stripe.

Thank you sir. I may clay bar/sealant/wax next weekend just because it's never been clay barred before, but I'm extremely happy with the looks of it. It's so clean, I don't want to pull it out of the garage. Haha

2016 Mustang GT 401a, 6A, Magnetic Metallic, Nav, Shaker Pro, 20" SVE Series 3's, Steeda CAI, Corsa Sports, BMR SP080 Springs, BMR Caster/Camber Plates, JLT Catch Can, Redline Hood Struts.....

2014 Mustang GT 400a, 6M, Recaros, 3.73's, 19" Drifts, electronics/nav., Kooks A/B's, AED Tune /Steeda CAI/BBQ Igniter Tick... SOLD

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-07-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusman59 View Post

I learned the hard way to use care when washing. I now use two buckets with grit guards, gas power washer with foam cannon, proper wash mits, microfiber drying towels/air compressor and all professional grade chemicals from chemicalguys.com. I learned the hard way on my black 2012 GT. Won't make that same mistake twice. The black one looked good in the garage but as soon as I pulled it out, it looked horrible (to me).

Post up some pics of yours all detailed!

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-07-2014
Administrator
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Stripes look outstanding! Beautiful ride.

Engine mods - all stock, trust me, wanna run??!!!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-07-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Cooper View Post
Stripes look outstanding! Beautiful ride.

Thanks!

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-08-2014
GT Member

Garage
Looks good. The white is a great contrast to the Red.

2006 GT, Strut Tower Brace, Gas Hood Struts, FR Intake Plenum cover, Metal Fuse Box cover, Moroso brake reservoir cover, Rear shock tower brace, Front Bumper Lip Spoiler, JVC DVD Head unit w/ back-up camera, satellite Radio and USB input, 2 - 12" sub-woofers, 4 - 6"x8" speakers, 2 - 6.5" speakers to replace the door subs, 3 amplifiers, LED lights under the hood and in the trunk, chrome e-handle on parking brake handle, chrome cup holder trim, and trunk lid cover with running pony emblem.

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-08-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by huberoy123 View Post
Looks good. The white is a great contrast to the Red.

Thanks! I think so as well.

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-09-2014
PONY Member

Nice choice.

'13 5.0 PW Premium / E-Force Supercharger w/ Brenspeed tune / FRPP Recaro's / GT500 quad exhaust / DSS Aluminum / Stop Tech 6P 15" / 13" rears / LP over axels / MGW / Moroso separator / 3:73's / Forgestar F14's 20x9/20x11 w/ Nitto Invo's 275/35's & 315/35's / Steeda Sport springs / Koni STR.T's / Steeda PHB / GT500 Spoiler / Roush upper and lower grills / Stillen front splitter / Boss steering wheel / Alcantara shift and brake boots / 10" matte black racing stripes / Rocker stripes
PONY Member

Looks really good, nice job!

2014 GHIG GT Premium - Track Pack, Comfort Pack, Rear Camera, GT500 mufflers, Boss 302 Grille with stock fogs.
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by daustin View Post
I'm really glad I decided to add the stripe. I think it makes the car stand out and I think the white over Ruby Red really looks good. Here's a quick pic I took after washing it today. Let me know what you guys think!

It took about two hours to get it cleaned up; not too bad but the air compressor really helps. I did everything ( wheels, tires, wheel wells, conditioned seats, vacuum, dash, engine, engine bay, trunk, axle back etc. Now it's just a waiting game for my X4 to get here so I can put my steeda CAI on, which should be on Tuesday. No wax this time but it was waxed last week.

Thanks guys.

OP

Looking Good!!! It's always great to see something different out there. Do you have any pictures of the rear end you can post up? What's next on the build list for her aside from the Tuner and CAI?

-Alex

Alex Lazarus | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 1-866-363-4591 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-09-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
OP

Looking Good!!! It's always great to see something different out there. Do you have any pictures of the rear end you can post up? What's next on the build list for her aside from the Tuner and CAI?

-Alex

Thanks! Here's a pic of the back:

Does the mod list really ever end? Haha. I think next up is the MGW shifter then I need to decide on suspension. Then from there, who knows.

Apprentice

Very nice, I've been thinking of adding either white Le Mans stripes or the super snake stripes like yours to my grabber blue GT. Did you add the stripes yourself? What kit did you use?

2014 Grabber Blue Mustang GT Premium with nav, RR and comfy packages, 3.73 limited slip axle and optional 19" machined aluminum wheels

Mods: Boss 302 exhaust with QTP electric cutouts, Borla S-type axle backs, BBK Black Out CAI, aluminum Ford Racing coil covers, Steeda short shifter & bracket, Ford Racing Handling Kit, SHR window louvers
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-10-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingstrider View Post
Very nice, I've been thinking of adding either white Le Mans stripes or the super snake stripes like yours to my grabber blue GT. Did you add the stripes yourself? What kit did you use?
I got it done at the dealership.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page