I did it, stripes are on! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-09-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

I did it, stripes are on!

I think they turned out pretty good myself. My dad lent me a hand, and for two guys that have pretty much done everything to a car besides stripe it, I think we did a pretty decent job. There are some inperfections here and there and in a couple places dirt or something got under the vinyl, but for the money (500-600) I saved im really happy with them. Let me know what you guys think...

Also, its been raining here like crazy and I wanted to leave the car in the garage. Does anyone know how long I should wait before I can drive it. I just worried about them getting wet or coming off during driving or something during the first day or so.

Greg
2011 Race Red GT

Just an old married guy (with kids) and two expensive hobbies...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-09-2014
PONY Member

The stripes look good. Nice work!

Bobby B, a patriotic Long Island Senior Citizen who drives a 2011 5.0 Premium GT Coupe, all black, 6-speed MT82, 3.55:1 differential, Bama 87S Tune, 18" diameter wheels, Pirelli P-Zeros, Comfort & Security Packages, spoiler delete.
God, please bless the USA
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-09-2014
GT Member
S197 Member

Those look great; big improvement over the black hood spears you had before. Good job.

Allez Rouge
2012 GT Premium Coupe | Performance White | 401A Charcoal+Grabber Blue | Comfort Pkg | MT82 | Boss 302 Shift Knob | 18" Pony Pkg Wheels w/Brembo Pkg Center Caps | Boss/CS Front Valance | Scott Drake 5.0/Tri-bar Fender Emblems | FRPP Strut Tower Brace | Redline Hood Struts | GT500 Rear Splash Guards | Rear Spoiler Delete | Sound Tube Delete

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-09-2014
GT Member

They look professional. They make the scoop opening stand out.

2011 Red Candy /build 2/1/11/ 401A
MT with Redline MTL/ Brembos/355's/glass roof
Shaker 1000/Scoops/Clear bra/Steeda UCA and PH bar
Redline hood lifts/Bilsteins with Ford Racing P springs & axle bks
UPR catch can/whiteline kdt928/MGW shifter with Epco ball
Shaftmasters DS/BMR loop & relocation brackets
Nitto 555 G2's/Steeda jack rails
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-09-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
They look professional. They make the scoop opening stand out.
Thanks guys, ya for the scoop it was my original intention to remove it and stripe the whole hood, then the scoop and bolt it back on there, but I guess the people at the dealership who must have bolted the scoop and the California Special wing decided they would tighten a couple nuts a little too tight and break them off in the fiberglass. I had two I couldn't get off on the scoop and one on the wing. So that made it that much harder to get the stripes on. Im pretty happy with them though.

Greg
2011 Race Red GT

post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-09-2014
Rookie

Came out great, what material did you use for the stripes? 3M? Also any tips on how you made them?

Thanks!

Gui
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-09-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Thanks, Stripes are 3M, 7 Year stripes from a EBAY store called Factory stripes. If you order anything from them you have to be super specific because they will just send you out the generic Mustang kit for your year. After I tried to lay them out a couple of weeks ago, there wasn't enough material for the hood and the scoop, nor the wing. I emailed them, and they shipped me out another full set of hood stripes with the scoop stripes and the wing material. They say they are CAD cut and I believe them, but they could have been better cut in some areas, especially on the front bumper. That came in 4 pieces, and would have looked dumb all pieced together, so I took whatever I had left over, cut them to size and notched them under the license plate so they wouldn't crease and fit flat and went to town. I honestly think it took me 3 hours to figure out how to do the front bumper. Definitely the hardest part of the car. Now I can see why a lot of 10-12's have stripes that stop on the hood and at the end of the trunk.

Greg
2011 Race Red GT

post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-09-2014
PONY Member

Send a message via MSN to Rorysbrown
Nice job, looks really good on your car.

Rory S. Brown from Surrey, BC Canada
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2014 Mustang MCA Edition in Grabber Blue. Previously: 2016 Shelby GT350 in Race Red, 2015 Mustang V6 Competition Orange, 2012 Mustang V6 Premium ProCharged in Black, 2011 Mustang V6 Premium in Red Candy Metallic, and 1979 Mustang Cobra in Bright Red (My 1st New Car)
Website www.mymustang.ca
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-09-2014
SHELBY GT 350 Member

on a big improvement over the spears you had b4. I like and want spears but they didn't look right with the scoop. Well done!

I'll guess + 15 HP

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleg View Post
I think they turned out pretty good myself. My dad lent me a hand, and for two guys that have pretty much done everything to a car besides stripe it, I think we did a pretty decent job. There are some inperfections here and there and in a couple places dirt or something got under the vinyl, but for the money (500-600) I saved im really happy with them. Let me know what you guys think...

Also, its been raining here like crazy and I wanted to leave the car in the garage. Does anyone know how long I should wait before I can drive it. I just worried about them getting wet or coming off during driving or something during the first day or so.
Really nice job. Looks fantastic. Considering putting stripes on my black gt, but I haven't decided a color yet

2011 5.0 GT Premium - 6MT - Ebony Black - Navigation - 3.73 - GT500 axlebacks - 3rd owner - 30k miles
PONY Member

Looks awesome! They came out really well

2011 V6 Mustang - Premium 202A Spec (Pony Package) - SOLD!

2014 V8 Mustang - Premium 400A Spec
6 Speed Manual, 3.31 Rear
Black, Charcoal Black
Comfort Package, Security System
Apprentice

Wonderful job! They look perfect on your car. Well done!
Administrator
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I think it looks awesome! All those stripe haters that were posting before, yeah they know it looks great! Congratulations on doing the job yourself and saving the cash.

Engine mods - all stock, trust me, wanna run??!!!
PONY Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleg View Post

Looks awesome! Good job!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2016 Mustang GT 401a, 6A, Magnetic Metallic, Nav, Shaker Pro, 20" SVE Series 3's, Steeda CAI, Corsa Sports, BMR SP080 Springs, BMR Caster/Camber Plates, JLT Catch Can, Redline Hood Struts.....

2014 Mustang GT 400a, 6M, Recaros, 3.73's, 19" Drifts, electronics/nav., Kooks A/B's, AED Tune /Steeda CAI/BBQ Igniter Tick... SOLD
Banned

Outstanding!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page