Bubbling Hood Paint - Phone NUmber To Call - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-09-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Bubbling Hood Paint - Phone NUmber To Call

The paint on the leading edge of the hood on my 2011 Mustang is bubbling. This same thing occurred on my 2006 Mustang. My 2011 Mustang is 3.5 years old, and I detected the start of corrosion problem this past fall. Apparently Ford has not resolved the manufacturing process issue which results in this latent corrosion defect.

The bubbling paint is the result of corrosion occurring in the aluminum base metal at the leading edge seam in the hood. The seam can be seen with the hood open as it is underneath the leading edge. Corrosion starts at the seam underneath and works its way to the top surface of the hood. The corrosion also migrates to the rear underneath the hood.

On my 2006 Mustang, Ford instructed my dealer to offer me a new hood, or to have the entire existing hood repainted. I opted for the repaint which was very well done by a local shop the my dealer routinely uses.

I discussed the bubbling paint problem on my 2011 Mustang with my Ford dealer, and I was given a phone number to call to get resolution for this problem. It is a phone number for Ford Customer Service: 1-800-392-3673.

Bobby B, a patriotic Long Island Senior Citizen who drives a 2011 5.0 Premium GT Coupe, all black, 6-speed MT82, 3.55:1 differential, Bama 87S Tune, 18" diameter wheels, Pirelli P-Zeros, Comfort & Security Packages, spoiler delete.
God, please bless the USA

Last edited by Bobby B; 06-09-2014 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Grammar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-09-2014
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby B View Post
The paint on the leading edge of the hood on my 2011 Mustang is bubbling. This same thing occurred on my 2006 Mustang. My 2011 Mustang is 3.5 years old, and I detected the start of corrosion problem this past fall. Apparently Ford has not resolved the manufacturing process issue which results in this latent corrosion defect.

The bubbling paint is the result of corrosion occurring in the aluminum base metal at the leading edge seam in the hood. The seam can be seen with the hood open as it is underneath the leading edge. Corrosion starts at the seam underneath and works its way to the top surface of the hood. The corrosion also migrates to the rear underneath the hood.

On my 2006 Mustang, Ford instructed my dealer to offer me a new hood, or to have the entire existing hood repainted. I opted for the repaint which was very well done by a local shop the my dealer routinely uses.

I discussed the bubbling paint problem on my 2011 Mustang with my Ford dealer, and I was given a phone number to call to get resolution for this problem. It is a phone number for Ford Customer Service: 1-800-392-3673.
As many class-action lawsuits as we see now days, I'm surprised that some law firm has not picked up on this. I'm not saying that a suit should be filed, just surprised one has not been.

2014 GT Premium / Deep Impact Blue / 6 speed / 401A-Charcoal and Cashmere / Comfort Pkg / Sec and Rear Sensing Pkg / 19" Mach Alum Wheels / 3.73
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-09-2014
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TucsonDave View Post
As many class-action lawsuits as we see now days, I'm surprised that some law firm has not picked up on this. I'm not saying that a suit should be filed, just surprised one has not been.
A class action lawsuit has been in the works for quite sometime now. It is now extended to 2013 models as well.

http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2013...-move-forward/

If interested, please contact:

David J. Cohen, Esq.
Kolman Ely, P.C.
414 Hulmeville Avenue
Penndel, PA 19047
[email protected]
(215) 750-3134
(215) 750-3138 f

2011 GT/CS 6MT . 3.73 Gears . 2014 Front-End . Cervini Stalker Hood . Roush TVS Supercharger . Roush Gauge Pod . JLT Oil Separator . GT500 Axle Back Exhaust . Roush Shift Knob . Roush Side Splitters . Roush Hood Struts . CDC Grille . Auto Meter Phantom II Boost Gauge . GT500 Mud Guards . 20/50% Tint . GT500 Brembo Kit . Powerslot Rotors . Koni STR.T . FRPP-P Springs . Boyo Front/Rear Camera w/ 3.5 Display . Hardwired V1 Radar . Alpine Perfect Fit Navi . 19" Forgestar CF5's

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-09-2014
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

No Offense to the Original Poster, but you would be better off letting Deysha work it into the Ford Customer Service System.

She can escalate if you, instead of getting someone on the phone and trying to start from scratch.

The number given is just Ford Customer Service, fine to call them but you would be ahead of the game by contacting Deysha first...

2015 Mustang GT Performance Package... Stock for now..
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-10-2014
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphjup View Post
No Offense to the Original Poster, but you would be better off letting Deysha work it into the Ford Customer Service System.

She can escalate if you, instead of getting someone on the phone and trying to start from scratch.

The number given is just Ford Customer Service, fine to call them but you would be ahead of the game by contacting Deysha first...

How will that work off warranty! Not at all. Emailed the liar to add my name to the suit.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-10-2014
PONY Member

Quote:

I agree with this.

Like most of these suits, the lawyers will get the lions share of any "settlement" while anyone with the issue out of warranty will likely get a small discount on a repaint.

2014 GHIG GT Premium - Track Pack, Comfort Pack, Rear Camera, GT500 mufflers, Boss 302 Grille with stock fogs.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-10-2014
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcottrell6 View Post
I agree with this.

Like most of these suits, the lawyers will get the lions share of any "settlement" while anyone with the issue out of warranty will likely get a small discount on a repaint.
+1

MY RIDES
2013 Performance White GT Premium: Tune, CAI, Flowmasters
1970 Mustang 351 Cleveland: MANY mods and improvements
2012 Ford Focus: Rims, Steeda CAI & Tune, Steeda Pro Springs, Steeda Front & Rear Swaybar, Steeda Rear Toe End Link, Magnaflow Catback Exhaust
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-10-2014
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby B View Post

Glad to learn you’ve spoken to your dealer about this, Bobby B. Please let me know the outcome.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcottrell6 View Post
I agree with this.

Thank you for the mention and support, guys.

Deysha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page