After you had your racing stripes installed.... - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-09-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

After you had your racing stripes installed....

Did they tell you not to drive it for any period of time, or not to get wet or anything? I installed all of my stripes minus the front and rear bumpers on Saturday, and finished on Sunday. So I think its had enough time to adhere to the car. I left it in the garage last night and today, and borrowed my dads truck to get to work.
So I just wanted to know if its ok to drive it in the rain, etc.. Its been raining everyday here in St. Louis, and I think its supposed to rain all week as well. I would be heartbroken if all my hard work went to waste if they started to come off because I drove it.
Any ideas?

Thanks

Greg
2011 Race Red GT

Just an old married guy (with kids) and two expensive hobbies...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-09-2014
PONY Member

No, you should be good to go after a day or less. Did you get the 3M vinyl that doesn't require water?

The only time I've been told not to mess with the car was after I got the window tint put on. 3-5 days to dry, wasn't supposed to roll the windows down. 30 days to eliminate any bubbles left over from the process.

2011 V6 Mustang - Premium 202A Spec (Pony Package) - SOLD!

2014 V8 Mustang - Premium 400A Spec
6 Speed Manual, 3.31 Rear
Black, Charcoal Black
Comfort Package, Security System
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-09-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

The instructions didn't say anything about water. I used Rapid-Tac though. That stuff is awesome.
Holy cow, 30 days not to roll your windows down? That's insane! I think my wife is going to get my windows tinted for me for Fathers Day, I better check into that first.

Greg
2011 Race Red GT

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-09-2014
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleg View Post
The instructions didn't say anything about water. I used Rapid-Tac though. That stuff is awesome.
Holy cow, 30 days not to roll your windows down? That's insane! I think my wife is going to get my windows tinted for me for Fathers Day, I better check into that first.
I was asking about wet adhesive vs dry for the vinyl because 3M makes vinyl with a dry adhesive already on it and channels to get the bubbles out, that's what my stripes are. It's mostly used for wrapping cars but I wanted to get the darkest metallic grey I could and that's what they had (7 year warranty was nice too)

For the window tinting 3 - 5 days is what I was told before you can roll them down, usually less if it is sunny out (the sun speeds up the drying time). 30 days is for any bubbles to clear up/dry out. The place I had all the work done told me after 30 days if there were imperfections to bring it back to have it fixed/redone. The tint is also 3M CS35.

2011 V6 Mustang - Premium 202A Spec (Pony Package) - SOLD!

2014 V8 Mustang - Premium 400A Spec
6 Speed Manual, 3.31 Rear
Black, Charcoal Black
Comfort Package, Security System
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-09-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

That black and metallic gray look awesome together. Beautiful car!!

Greg
2011 Race Red GT

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-09-2014
Apprentice

Great job. Those stripes look great!

1993 Reef Blue Notch 5.0, flowmaster three chamber cat backs, K+N air, 3.73, cobra clutch, 158k and still kicking. 2014 Mustang GT prem., Black, Brembo, manual, 3.73 gear, fog-light tint, new GT floormats, led license plate bulbs, Jlt oil separator, K&N drop-in air filter, SickSpeed black shifter knob with red shift pattern, GT 500 axle backs, locking gas cap, painted MMD quarter window covers, Roush chin splitter, red Lethal Performance windshield banner, SHR black fuel door.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page