2014 Saleen Mustang Vortech Supercharger Install - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

2014 Saleen Mustang Vortech Supercharger Install

Here are a couple of videos of my supercharger install. I want to say thanks to Dylan, who is a forum member, and Terry at Beefcake racing for helping me throughout this adventure! I ordered the Vortech system through Beefcake Racing and Terry included ID1000's and a BAP. I also want to thank Justin's Performance Center for great customer service! I ordered a new coolant reservoir, breathers, and t bolt clamps from JPC. The install was straight forward but very time consuming. I probably have about 20 hours in the install. I have only completed two data logs for Lund Racing. A five minute idle and an RPM specific log. Lund will send my back a revised tune and I should be able to drive it around the neighborhood. After the Data Log process, I will update this thread to let you know how it went. I've attached a couple of videos and a couple photos for a quick visual.

2014 Saleen Mustang White Label 14-013: Vortech V3 supercharger, Lund Tuned, ID1000's, NGK iridium plugs, Airaid CAI, BMR upper control arm and mount, BMR lower control arms w/ relocation brackets, BMR adjustable panhard bar and support brace, koni sport struts/shocks w/ GT500 strut mount, GT500 Brembo brake upgrade, CS fog lights, Stillen chin spoiler, Barton Shifter and two post bracket, Plasti-Dipped hood vents, and various Saleen parts and accessories.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Here are some pics. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-05-30 17.49.54.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	959.3 KB
ID:	354978   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-06-08 16.59.17.jpg
Views:	1012
Size:	462.4 KB
ID:	354986   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-06-08 19.17.56.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	988.8 KB
ID:	354994   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-06-10 15.20.47.jpg
Views:	512
Size:	900.0 KB
ID:	355002   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-06-10 15.21.10.jpg
Views:	1423
Size:	1,022.1 KB
ID:	355010  

2014 Saleen Mustang White Label 14-013: Vortech V3 supercharger, Lund Tuned, ID1000's, NGK iridium plugs, Airaid CAI, BMR upper control arm and mount, BMR lower control arms w/ relocation brackets, BMR adjustable panhard bar and support brace, koni sport struts/shocks w/ GT500 strut mount, GT500 Brembo brake upgrade, CS fog lights, Stillen chin spoiler, Barton Shifter and two post bracket, Plasti-Dipped hood vents, and various Saleen parts and accessories.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-11-2014
GT Member
S197 Member

Congrats

2012 GT Premuim A/T Sterling Gray, Loaded, Tinted, Steeda 93 Tune, JLT Oil catch can, 12" MTX Sub, CHE LCA's, GT500's, Boss/CS Lower Fascia W/foglights.
2011 V6 M/T traded for 2012 GT
2007 GT M/T traded for CRV

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-11-2014
PONY Member

Looks like a nice clean install, good job!

2014 GHIG GT Premium - Track Pack, Comfort Pack, Rear Camera, GT500 mufflers, Boss 302 Grille with stock fogs.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-11-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Thanks for the compliments! I can't wait to drive this thing. Up next will be the Shaftmasters drive shaft, McCleod RST clutch, and flywheel. I can't imagine the clutch lasting to long.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-11-2014
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Me Jealous...Me Like.

2011 Yellow Blaze GT Premium / Boss Intake Manifold/ BBK 85MM Throttle Body / 3.73 gears / BBK ceramic coated Long Tube headers / Catted X pipe / Roush Axle Backs / JLT CAI
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-11-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dprat View Post
Me Jealous...Me Like.
Me jealous...Me like your exhaust!

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-11-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

I just wanted to let anyone know that wants to install a Vortech, that you do not need to cut the bumper cover of get rid of CS fog lights on a 2013/2014 mustang. I was pleasantly surprised that the bumper cover effortlessly installed without any cutting! I will have to cut the air dam to fit around the charge and discharge tubing. Not much though.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2014
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonsSaleen View Post
Thanks for the compliments! I can't wait to drive this thing. Up next will be the Shaftmasters drive shaft, McCleod RST clutch, and flywheel. I can't imagine the clutch lasting to long.
Many people do the RST clutch and like them but I didn't like mine and replaced it within a 1000 miles.

Mine had vibration problems at low RPMs.

I also found that it did not grab immediately like my old Centerforce DYAD did and it felt like I was riding the clutch at times. The engagement felt vague.

I went back to the DYAD and what a difference.

Your mileage may vary and you may very well like the RST.
Not me though.

2012 Shelby American Mustang GTS 580rwhp 485 ft/lbs Grabber Blue White Stripes
Ford Whipple, 5.0L, Tremec XL Magnum, MGW, Centerforce DYAD clutch, Boss 302 Torsen w/4:10s, 302R EPAS, Eibach Coil Overs, Fays 2 Watts Link, Dynotech DS, Shelby UCAs/LCAs, Wilwood brakes 6 piston 4 piston, Drake Bump Steer, heavy duty cooling, welded axle tubes, Interior Package, GT4 wheels, Borla Touring axlebacks, GT500 rear valence w/parking sensors, and airbag cover signed by Carroll Shelby.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceBlue View Post
Many people do the RST clutch and like them but I didn't like mine and replaced it within a 1000 miles.

Mine had vibration problems at low RPMs.

I also found that it did not grab immediately like my old Centerforce DYAD did and it felt like I was riding the clutch at times. The engagement felt vague.

I went back to the DYAD and what a difference.

Your mileage may vary and you may very well like the RST.
Not me though.
Thanks for the advice. I will definately check the centerforce out.

PONY Member

I am not trashing the RST, it just did not work out for me.

The Centerforce DYAD one I have is the dual disc one. It grabs really good and the difference is noticeable.

That said though, I hear the DYAD is not good if one rides the clutch and it needs to be engaged right away, in other words, all on or all off.

The DYAD is rated for 1300 lbs while the RST is for 7 or 8 hundred foot pounds.

2012 Shelby American Mustang GTS 580rwhp 485 ft/lbs Grabber Blue White Stripes
Ford Whipple, 5.0L, Tremec XL Magnum, MGW, Centerforce DYAD clutch, Boss 302 Torsen w/4:10s, 302R EPAS, Eibach Coil Overs, Fays 2 Watts Link, Dynotech DS, Shelby UCAs/LCAs, Wilwood brakes 6 piston 4 piston, Drake Bump Steer, heavy duty cooling, welded axle tubes, Interior Package, GT4 wheels, Borla Touring axlebacks, GT500 rear valence w/parking sensors, and airbag cover signed by Carroll Shelby.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page