Props to Summit Racing - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-11-2014 Thread Starter
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Props to Summit Racing

American Muscle and its great customer service make it a top choice on this forum. But I would also like to remind everyone that Summit Racing is also a great supplier for our cars.

I have decided to put a set of Koni STR.T shocks/struts on my car and ordered the front struts from AM but unfortunately they are out of stock on the rears and will not restock until late June.

Summit has these listed in stock for $78, but I was able to find them in stock with another vendor that i had never heard of for $59. I called Summit and within 5 minutes I placed a price matched order. The sales rep apologized that they are not in stock in their Midwest (Ohio?) facility and said they could ship out of Nevada, but it might take a couple extra days to reach me in NY, to which I said was no problem. He estimated arrival by Friday or Monday at worst.

To my surprise, and without requesting it, they were shipped cross country by air at no additional cost. They are now showing as out for delivery on the UPS truck and will be arriving today - 2 days ahead of my expectations.

AM is still my first choice but I have to say "Great job Summit", and it is good to know we have other places to look when AM is not readily able to fill orders.

2011 Mustang 3.7L V6 Premium ∙ MCA (203A)
Ingot Silver ∙ Charcoal Black ∙ Auto
HIDs ∙ Security ∙ Comfort Package ∙ Remote Start
Koni STR.T shocks/struts ∙ Roush DUB springs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-11-2014
BOSS Member

Garage
I've used them for years and was somewhat surprised to see that there weren't more people on this forum using them.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-11-2014
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin72 View Post
I've used them for years and was somewhat surprised to see that there weren't more people on this forum using them.
I think it's that people probably more associate Summit with older cars and trucks.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

| 2012 | Base | Performance White | 3.7 | MT82 | 2.73 | FRPP Sport Axlebacks | BMR lcas on the way

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-11-2014
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCA2011 View Post
American Muscle and its great customer service make it a top choice on this forum. But I would also like to remind everyone that Summit Racing is also a great supplier for our cars.

I have decided to put a set of Koni STR.T shocks/struts on my car and ordered the front struts from AM but unfortunately they are out of stock on the rears and will not restock until late June.

Summit has these listed in stock for $78, but I was able to find them in stock with another vendor that i had never heard of for $59. I called Summit and within 5 minutes I placed a price matched order. The sales rep apologized that they are not in stock in their Midwest (Ohio?) facility and said they could ship out of Nevada, but it might take a couple extra days to reach me in NY, to which I said was no problem. He estimated arrival by Friday or Monday at worst.

To my surprise, and without requesting it, they were shipped cross country by air at no additional cost. They are now showing as out for delivery on the UPS truck and will be arriving today - 2 days ahead of my expectations.

AM is still my first choice but I have to say "Great job Summit", and it is good to know we have other places to look when AM is not readily able to fill orders.
OP

Sorry to hear that we we're unable to get these back in stock from Koni in time! I'm happy to hear that our friends over at Summit were able to get you set up.

-Alex

Alex Lazarus | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 1-866-363-4591 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-11-2014
PONY Member

Summit is a quality run operation.

I got my leaf springs for my truck through them - shipped in a couple of days and cheaper than anyone else - including Rockauto.

I would never hesitate to buy through Summit.

I wish I had known prior to you ordering your shocks/struts, Justin at TunerSports sells Koni's for unbeatable prices and he wouldve been another option. Thats where I got mine.

Oh and you'll love those STR.Ts. They are one of the best bang for the buck suspension mods out there.

2011 Mustang GT M6 3.31s

Matt HONEYCUTT Tune, Lethal Off-Road X, GT500 axlebacks, J&M LCAs, UPR UCA, Whiteline LCA relocation brackets, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Koni STR.T shocks/struts, GT500 strut mounts, SR Strut Tower Brace

Best 1/4 E/T (05/18/14 MIR - no tune, X-pipe, or UCA): 12.920 @ 109.40 mph (2.059 60ft)
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-11-2014
Apprentice

I ordered through summit one time because they were out of stock on several places I usually order from, the adapter fittings in the kit I ordered were wrong - contacted about em it and they gave me a product number on the "Correct" fitting, they managed to be the wrong fitting as well.. Contacted them again and they denied the previous conversation I had with them about supplying me with their part number

I'd rather order through autoplicity, they price match and don't mess orders up
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-11-2014
GT Member

yeah summit is great for sure, but I use American Muscle for two reasons now, first being I get my parts the next day from AM (two days from summit lol I'm impatient) and AM has 100% free shipping and summit does not

Sent from my M8 using AutoGuide.com app

2016 DIB GT Premium A6, Borla S-type axle backs, Rovos Pretoria wheels 20x8.5/20x10, Nitto N555G2 tires 255/35/20 and 275/35/20, Koni yellows, BMR springs
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-11-2014
Apprentice

I always check summit, 20 minutes from my house. It's worth the drive to have my stuff in hand same day and price matching!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-12-2014
BOSS Member
4.6L Member

Garage
I love Summit. My dad swears by them. I try to use Forum Sponsors, but most of the time cash is king, and the more I can save the better...Summit seems to have the best prices on most stuff that I am looking to buy.

Price-matching is great and all, but why go through the hassle when a company already has the best price in the first place...one less thing I have to do before placing an order

Summit Racing has free shipping with orders over $99...when is the last time you placed an order for car parts that was NOT over $99...I know I haven't...

I've ordered my fair share from AM, Late Model, etc...but Summit is the one of the first sites I go when I am looking to buy something.

Matthew 26:52-54 / Go Pack Go!

1987 Mustang GT Hatchback - 2V Mod Swap In The Works

1997 Lincoln Town Car, PI Intake/Cams, Sofa-On-Wheels, "Fat Tony" we call it

2001 GT Convertible - D1SC / Geared / Cammed / 440wh 400wt - TOTALED 2/2019
Apprentice

I've had good dealings with Summit. They do price matching also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page