After one month of ownership, a few questions - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member
S197 Member

Garage
....and don't worry too much about how much you love the damn thing - we all do!!
It actually reminds me of a Jag commercial from back in the 70's "the kind of car that makes you wish your destination was just a little further down the road"

Scott

2014 GT Track Pack/Brembo/Recaro/Whiteline suspension system/Blowfish Racing shifter bracket - the 3.73 Torsen is so loud now that, with all due respect to Wade Chamberlain, BadFast has been renamed "The Whining Mistress"
F5 MKII
07 FatBoy
04 1200 XLC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-12-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

My wife just told me why my phone wasn't working with the Sync; the Bluetooth was turned off on my phone. Then I remembered- son turned off my Bluetooth so I could listen to his new Beats headphones. I don't remember why. I checked, turned on the Bluetooth in my phone, and it works just fine.
Duhhh..................

GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquidBillyPaul View Post
On mine the fob is part of the key. Should have given a better description. Used transmitter (not actual key) to arm.
The owners manual didn't describe two different alarm systems but I only have the one that comes standard. I do not have the option described above....
Actually, the owner's manual does describe two different security systems - it just isn't particularly clear about what is standard or optional. It has a section labeled "ANTI-THEFT ALARM (IF EQUIPPED)". That's the optional part that includes the actual alarm (horn honking and lights flashing) as well as the interior motion detector and the inclination sensor for towing. The basic security system that comes as standard equipment is not an alarm - it just disables the engine if the correct electronically coded key is not used in the ignition.

2011 Pony Pkg. convertible M6
2000 Trans Am WS7 (sold)

PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBird00 View Post
Actually, the owner's manual does describe two different security systems - it just isn't particularly clear about what is standard or optional. It has a section labeled "ANTI-THEFT ALARM (IF EQUIPPED)". That's the optional part that includes the actual alarm (horn honking and lights flashing) as well as the interior motion detector and the inclination sensor for towing. The basic security system that comes as standard equipment is not an alarm - it just disables the engine if the correct electronically coded key is not used in the ignition.
Ahhh.... Got cha! Thanks for the clarification. Dang it! Thats an option I wish I had considered.

2014 GT/CS - MT82 - 3.73 - 19's
Charcoal Interior - Glass Roof - Comfort Pkg - Electronic Pkg - Shaker Pro - No Mods
SHELBY GT 350 Member

I wish I had it from the factory too. I put mine in after and it was a PITA and didn't come with the i/r sensor. I would also have liked some type of b/up sensor/camera as long as thats my only regret with this car I'm good.

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
PONY Member
Mustang II Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
I wish I had it from the factory too. I put mine in after and it was a PITA and didn't come with the i/r sensor. I would also have liked some type of b/up sensor/camera as long as thats my only regret with this car I'm good.
Did you buy the optional alarm from Ford or an aftermarket one?
SHELBY GT 350 Member

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...ir-sensor.html

details...worth a read.

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan105 View Post
Having had my '14 GT Premium for one month, I have a few questions.

- The auto-dimming mirror doesn't work. Is there a way to turn it on?
- What is that grill between the map lights for?
- The Bluetooth was working fine with my phone and yesterday it stopped working;
it doesn't recognize any phones. I'm somewhat cyber-challenged so maybe I'm doing something wrong.
-What are the blanks for next to the HAV buttons?
-Why does the GT have a two piece driveshaft? I have read that the two piece design is responsible for the clunking many of us experience when shifting. Has anyone replaced it with a one-piece driveshaft?
-Has anyone used Motorcraft Synthetic Transmission fluid? A mechanic at the local dealership said that would help smooth out the shifting and the clunking.

I cannot believe how much I love this car. I look for any excuse to drive it, first thing in the morning I open the garage door and look at it, and I'm constantly fussing over it. At this point I am perfectly happy with the power the engine makes so I probably won't be adding any mods to it. Probably.
The biggest surprise for me has been how well the car handles; awesome!

Thank you for any replies to my questions.
Hey titan105,

Thank you for the latest on your ride. Remember, if you’re experiencing any concerns let me or your CSM know.

Deysha
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I have the reverse sensing system & the alarm. So far I can`t get it to work & after locking the car with the top down with the button on the key fob, I can still reach inside the car & open the door with nothing happening. Maybe its time for me to read the OM.

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!
SHELBY GT 350 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenv View Post
I have the reverse sensing system & the alarm. So far I can`t get it to work & after locking the car with the top down with the button on the key fob, I can still reach inside the car & open the door with nothing happening. Maybe its time for me to read the OM.

Ok Ken, I gotta ask: Are you double clicking the lock button on your key fob when you lock the doors so that the horn beeps?

Both our cars have a conniption fit if I were to reach my hand in the car after that (with the windows down, of course).

Hers:2012 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Kona Blue Exterior/Charcoal Interior, 400A, HID/Security Pkg ,Comfort Pkg.
[COLOR="DimGray"][B]His: 2014 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Sterling Gray Exterior/Charcoal Interior,400A, Reverse Sensing/Security Pkg, Comfort Pkg SMR# 3635
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenv View Post
Yes, the owner's manual explains that the motion sensor is automatically disabled when the top is down to prevent false alarms from things falling into the open car. The rest of the alarm is still active. You can put the top up but leave the windows down in order to test the motion sensor.

2011 Pony Pkg. convertible M6
2000 Trans Am WS7 (sold)
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBird00 View Post
Yes, the owner's manual explains that the motion sensor is automatically disabled when the top is down to prevent false alarms from things falling into the open car. The rest of the alarm is still active. You can put the top up but leave the windows down in order to test the motion sensor.
Ah! That explains it then. Thanks

Rich! Yeah I always hit it twice. Just to make sure its locked.

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page