Procharger shipped! - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

If I replace my longtubes with the stock headers will I be able to get more boost? Not very satisfied with the final numbers. Was looking to push at least 550rwhp. Any help is appreciated I'm disappointed I can only get 5psi

2012 Mustang GT 5.0 6spd manual transmission-BBK Longtube headers-BBK O/R X- Borla S Type mufflers- Dolce DC34 Matte Black wheels - 255/35/20 Nexen N3000 all around.
Raxiom halos, all lights smoked, louvers, Tuned by Lund Racing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

Creating more boost by only restricting exhaust flow will not give you more power.

PONY Member

More boost would be the only solution to readily pick up an extra 50 horse right away. I thought prochargers ran at 7-9 lbs even 8 gets close to 600rwhp

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2011 Race Red GT/CS: current
MGW race spec shifter, Borla ATAK axle backs w/ resonator deletes, Boss Intake Manifold w/ Steeda CAI, stainless power longtube headers, driveshaft shop carbon fiber drive shaft, ACT twin disc clutch.

2014 Race Red V6: sold
Airaid Cold Air Intake, pype bomb axle backs, bama 91p tune, ford racing 3.73 gears, Barton short throw shifter, Mac ceramic shorty headers.

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 pt oh View Post
If I replace my longtubes with the stock headers will I be able to get more boost? Not very satisfied with the final numbers. Was looking to push at least 550rwhp. Any help is appreciated I'm disappointed I can only get 5psi
A pulley change is all you need. Putting your stock headers back on will move u in the wrong direction power-wise. U just need to crank the boost up a little. Also, peak hp is probably coming in closer to 7000rpm. Have u been driving it? How's it feel?

2013 GT, automatic, Brembo brake package
Apprentice

Quote:
Just confirmed my procharger will be shipping out this afternoon! I'm overly way to happy hahaha!

Anyways on a more serious note, I am taking my car to Houston, TX to get my paint corrected. While I'm down there I figured a good shop could install/tune the procharger. Could anyone recommend a decent shop that won't rip me a new one on price?
It's a procharger stage 2 kit from American muscle. I would need a tune as I don't have the temporary tune that Procharger normally sends. Sandy at procharger told me they can't tune for longtubes. I didn't understand why, but didn't care either. Dyno tune was going to happen anyway. Thanks in advance, open to all recommendations
What made you go with a Procharger over Ford Racing's 525HP or 624HP one? You keep the warranty with the 525HP one I believe, and maybe even the 624HP one.
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgoins View Post
A pulley change is all you need. Putting your stock headers back on will move u in the wrong direction power-wise. U just need to crank the boost up a little. Also, peak hp is probably coming in closer to 7000rpm. Have u been driving it? How's it feel?
Feels smooth power delivery wise, but I was told the procharger come with a 4.38 pulley and mine came with a 4.0, shouldn't I be making more boost that just 5psi? I thought with stock pulley I was supposed to be at 7psi

2012 Mustang GT 5.0 6spd manual transmission-BBK Longtube headers-BBK O/R X- Borla S Type mufflers- Dolce DC34 Matte Black wheels - 255/35/20 Nexen N3000 all around.
Raxiom halos, all lights smoked, louvers, Tuned by Lund Racing
PONY Member

Quote:
Feels smooth power delivery wise, but I was told the procharger come with a 4.38 pulley and mine came with a 4.0, shouldn't I be making more boost that just 5psi? I thought with stock pulley I was supposed to be at 7psi
Not sure about the pulley size. That'd be a question for Procharger. The lower psi you're seeing could be because of less back pressure because of your LT headers. That's actually a good thing. I doubt your belt is slipping. Do u have a boost gauge? I'd probably call Procharger. If everything is on there right and you're really making 5psi, u just need a different pulley with an updated tune and you should be making big power.

2013 GT, automatic, Brembo brake package
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page