2012 GT Premium first mods - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

2012 GT Premium first mods

I just recently bought a 2012 GT premium and wanted to get some general input on some beginning mods to do with the car. I already bought flow masters American classic Axil backs and that really woke the sound of the car up. I am wanting to get the car to the low 12's high 11 range at this point in time. I figure I will need an SCT tuner X-pipe and gears to start with but not sure how close that will get me to where I want to be. It is a six speed and I know a lot of it will depend on driving and getting the car to launch but I think that's a given. I just need to know what power can make that happen and I'll work on the rest.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2014
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo4912 View Post
I just recently bought a 2012 GT premium and wanted to get some general input on some beginning mods to do with the car. I already bought flow masters American classic Axil backs and that really woke the sound of the car up. I am wanting to get the car to the low 12's high 11 range at this point in time. I figure I will need an SCT tuner X-pipe and gears to start with but not sure how close that will get me to where I want to be. It is a six speed and I know a lot of it will depend on driving and getting the car to launch but I think that's a given. I just need to know what power can make that happen and I'll work on the rest.
Neo,

Good question and congrats on the recent purchase! If you're looking to wake the car up further I would definitely recommend taking a look into a Airaid Race CAI & Bame X4 Tuner. Ford has a great kit right out of the box but they left a ton of extra room for the Coyote to breathe more efficiently and effectively. One of the coolest features about our Bama Tuners is having Free Tunes For Life which means that if you're still itching for more power either from a set of Long Tubes Headers, or a Throttle Body you shoot us a call or have the order placed online and we have the recalibration set up for free and then email it over.

Something else to look into would be a more solid set of Rear Lower Control Arms as they're going to cut down on wheel hop and traction loss. They'll help get you off the line that much faster and keep the rear on the ground where it belongs! Another piece to think about would be a good set of Drag Radials as the tires on these cars aren't too great on the track!

Let me know if you have any other questions and I'm here to help!

-Alex

Alex Lazarus | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 1-866-363-4591 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-14-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

thanks alex that was the tuner I am looking at by the way. good info

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-14-2014
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
in my 2011 GT premium with a manual trans, I added the UPR SCT Tuner/X-pipe combo and I ran 12.20 @ 116.5 on 275/40-18 Nitto NT05 street tires. This is an excellent early mod which is still useful as you add more mods down the road.

Like us at Facebook.com/TeamUPR
Follow us on Instagram @uprproducts
Ask me about the discount on UPR Products for AFM members!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-14-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

I am going to start with the x-pipe and tuner first.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-16-2014
Apprentice

Quote:
Delete your resonators as well. Really made my exhaust sound so much better.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-16-2014
Site Sponsor

Quote:
thanks alex that was the tuner I am looking at by the way. good info
Neo,

You're very welcome! Let me know if you have any other questions about them-There's a ton of information floating around out there and being a consumer I know it's difficult to trim the fat and get a definitive answer!

-Alex

Alex Lazarus | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 1-866-363-4591 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-2014
GT Member
5.0L Member

Id go for just a tune, LT headers, gears, then control arms and tires. You dont gain much from throttle bodies and CAIs. Could spend the money on other parts that will gain you more.

2013 Mustang GT, Track Pack, Recaro Seats, MT82, GT500 Axle Back, Boss 302 Quad Exhaust, Transmission Bushing Insert, MGW Shifter, Steeda Shift Knob, GT500 Spoiler, MMD Hood Struts, CPC Battery Covers.
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
That's the smart move!

Like us at Facebook.com/TeamUPR
Follow us on Instagram @uprproducts
Ask me about the discount on UPR Products for AFM members!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page