Any cool plans with your mustangs this weekend? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2014 Thread Starter
Administrator
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Any cool plans with your mustangs this weekend?

Just wondering if anyone had any cool plans this weekend? Being Fathers Day Sunday I pretty much get a free pass to give the car a total detailing without catching to much crap about the old honey do list! Happy Fathers Day to all the dads, hope ya have a good one.

Engine mods - all stock, trust me, wanna run??!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2014
GT Member

I fully detailed my car yesterday, and I'm getting the boat ready now. I plan to get my father, head to the river, and launch my boat with the Mustang.

And when he gets in the car, there will be two Valentine One radar detector's on the windshield. Mine, and the one I got him for Father's Day. He drives 160 miles a day to work through several small towns, so I know he'll love it for the peace it can bring in those notorious towns even though he hasn't had a ticket in years.

The posted picture is before the detailing. A little washing and waxing makes it look even better!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pulling boat.jpeg
Views:	50
Size:	571.2 KB
ID:	355849  

Current:
2007 Mustang GT 302 stroker 6060 swap, 3.73 gears, Hidden Hitch Receiver, Barton Short Throw, JBA LTs, Borla Touring Axle Back, Lito tuned SCT X4. BMR SP009, Bilsteins, J&M CC plates, J&M LCAs. 4 Piston Brembos
DOB GT450 with VMP Gen II 2.3 TVS | 13/14 GT500 HE & IWP | GT500 hat & DW340s | FRPP 52lb | CMS Stage 2 Blower Cams | Comp 113 Springs & Retainers | 8 rib conversion | Track Spec GT500 Vents | PTFE Heat Barriers
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2014
PONY Member

Not really big plans. A quick wash and detail. Remove the trim molding from the doors, and a little polish. Then maybe restore the passenger side headlight that seems to have some funny streak of oxidation across the lens. Other than that, not much.

2005 V6 Convertible

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2014
BOSS Member

Garage
I dont participate in Fathers Day.
I'm just driving my car to and from work.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-14-2014
GT Member

Didn't have plans, but took a random road trip tonight to clear the mind. It was great, pretty much kept the speed limit, just casual driving some of it through some back roads. It was nice, and definitely helped my mood.

2013 GT 6 spd, GT500 mufflers, BOSS quad exhaust, Roush CAI, Barton shifter & 2 post bracket
CS GT-40 Wheels, Hotchkis sway bars, upper and lower control arms, springs (1.1/1.6 drop) and adj panhard bar KONI yellow struts and shocks J&M caster/camber plates,
BMR Upper control arm mount and lower control arm brackets.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-14-2014
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Probably wash mine in the morning and take it to the cruise in tomorrow night. Then Sunday we're doing family day.

Like us at Facebook.com/TeamUPR
Follow us on Instagram @uprproducts
Ask me about the discount on UPR Products for AFM members!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-14-2014
Rookie

I plan on installing my first mod. It arrived while I was on vacation in Hawaii. That happens to be a Roush axle back exhaust.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-15-2014
SHELBY GT 350 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Cooper View Post
Just wondering if anyone had any cool plans this weekend? Being Fathers Day Sunday I pretty much get a free pass to give the car a total detailing without catching to much crap about the old honey do list! Happy Fathers Day to all the dads, hope ya have a good one.

I get to sit here at work and gaze out at Sterling sitting in the parking lot right outside my window.

Now if I was home, I'd be doing what you are doing, and since my honey do list would probably consist of detailing Kona as well, I wouldn't be complaining

Hers:2012 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Kona Blue Exterior/Charcoal Interior, 400A, HID/Security Pkg ,Comfort Pkg.
[COLOR="DimGray"][B]His: 2014 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Sterling Gray Exterior/Charcoal Interior,400A, Reverse Sensing/Security Pkg, Comfort Pkg SMR# 3635
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-16-2014
Rookie

I'm late posting this because I have been out driving my car for the last 12 hours Not really though.

Sunday I installed a Bassani Street Race axle back. LOVE it! It's the exact sound and volume I was looking for.

Race Red GT
PONY Member

Gonna get my ride ready fri or sat for a 1/2 mile race this sunday at a private fancy airport. 150 cars each day. Its going to be epic here in Chicago.

names Alex
2013 premium GT race red, order 3/23/12 ,doa 5/3/12
roush axle backs,pypes x pipe,resonator deletes, jlt oil catch can,20% tint, sr pc blk strut tower bar, painted engine bay and airaid cai, 93R] Bama tune, full roush splitters,cs rear diffuser,stillen gen 1 chin splitter, am black billet hidden fog light grille.Ford p springs, koni Orange struts, shocks, gt500 mounts, eibach sways, umi lca+reloc brak, 19x9.5 sve pc gloss blk wheels, cooper ra3 275/40/19 tires
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page