Who do you let drive your Mustang? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Mechanics, my kids have a couple times with me and my wife, but she prefers not to. Usually only if we go out and I might have few drinks

2011 Mustang 3.7L V6 Premium ∙ MCA (203A)
Ingot Silver ∙ Charcoal Black ∙ Auto
HIDs ∙ Security ∙ Comfort Package ∙ Remote Start
Koni STR.T shocks/struts ∙ Roush DUB springs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

My wife, if she wants to but that`s because she gave me $26,000 towards the car. She has only driven it once though as she prefers her `14 Jeep Grand Cherokee. That`s cool "Happy Wife-Happy Life"

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!
PONY Member
5.0L Member

A couple friends with me in the car and the Mrs once. Just wanted her to feel the power and enjoyment I have with it. She was a little hesitant with the accelerator due to being EXTRA cautious and don't know if she had any fun.

2013 GT premium GHIG. 6MT. Black int. Brembos. Corsa Sports. Jlt intake. SR Springs. BMR panhard. Pilot Super Sports

PONY Member
4.6L Member

I let my older son drive it,He is 23, He loves cars , so I just kind say no all the time,

2014 GT Track Pack. JLT CAI. 94 dyno Tune,MBRP street catback, LCA, PHB, Springs.
Apprentice

Me. everyone else is afraid they might wreck it. works for me

2013 3.7, GHIG, Recaros (cloth), Perf package, 102a w/sync,rear sensing, alarm system.
Barton short shifter & mount, drake boot adapter, custom knob, JLT painted cai, Steeda UCA, Freedomracing adjustable panhard, smoked front side markers, front plate mount removed, 35% tint, tinted tail centers & 3rd brake, c/s spoiler, cpc color matched hood struts,.
2nd place @ SMR, Top 25 @ FFW STL
Apprentice

Garage
only people i give my mustang to is my parents. i cry a little inside every time they take the keys but so far the stang has come back in one piece. once i get my new stang down the road i will be more firm about it.

Silver 2001 v6
SHELBY GT 350 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Talking

My wife and I swap cars every once in a blue moon, and my little brother has had his courtesy 1 test drive in both Mustangs right after we got them, but that's it.

Next spring I will have to let my son drive mine a little as he will need to learn how to drive stick, though most of his learning will be in the Santa Fe, however, as that will be what he drives on a daily basis. We will have to discuss Prom in a couple of years I am sure ("Go ask your mother, lol")....

Hers:2012 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Kona Blue Exterior/Charcoal Interior, 400A, HID/Security Pkg ,Comfort Pkg.
[COLOR="DimGray"][B]His: 2014 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Sterling Gray Exterior/Charcoal Interior,400A, Reverse Sensing/Security Pkg, Comfort Pkg SMR# 3635
MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
I got a big laugh from Terminators reply. Great story for Father's Day.

I tell my wife to take it now and then. I say,"You look good in it Hun". She doesn't want anything to go wrong while she's driving it. I don't mean accident wise but any common issues. She doesn't wanna hear my crap.lol. I'm not a tyrant but she came home in a previous car without a hub cap and had no idea she lost it. She did remember hitting a pothole though. Just one example of many. Haha.

I let my 24 year old son drive it anytime he wants. My daughters haven't learned to drive a stick yet and they can drive it when they do. I trust my kids till they show me otherwise. They understand the value of life and the all mighty dollar. Lol

08 GT 5spd
Spectra CAI, Comp Cam Detroit Rockers, Kooks headers w/catted H-pipe, Revolution Automotive dyno tuned, FB430 race mufflers, 3.55s, JLT catch can, BMR Lca's and relo brackets. Prothane motor mounts and sway bar bushings.
20% tint, smoked markers and tail lights w/sequentials. Clear front signal covers, series 3 chin spoiler.
PONY Member
5.0L Member

I'll let my brother or father drive it but they are both car guys. My pops drives a 300 SRT-8 and my bro used to have a Charger R/T but now drives a SHO so I don't mind swapping with either of them. They can both handle the power and have very fun cars to drive themselves.

OracleHCR
2018 Lightning Blue GT Premium; Performance Package 1:
MagneRide; Active Exhaust
PONY Member

Pretty much no one except the service guy at the dealer I've been going to the last 14+ years.
The wife is happy enough to ride in it, she doesn't want to drive it.

2014 GHIG GT Premium - Track Pack, Comfort Pack, Rear Camera, GT500 mufflers, Boss 302 Grille with stock fogs.
PONY Member

Garage
My salesman drove it for 25 yards to get off the lot on the test drive and to fill it up with gas after I bought it. Other than that, I have been the only one to drive it. Wife can't drive manual, so that rules her out. There are a few people who I would let drive my car but I would never just lend it out to someone; they would have to be with me.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2016 Mustang GT 401a, 6A, Magnetic Metallic, Nav, Shaker Pro, 20" SVE Series 3's, Steeda CAI, Corsa Sports, BMR SP080 Springs, BMR Caster/Camber Plates, JLT Catch Can, Redline Hood Struts.....

2014 Mustang GT 400a, 6M, Recaros, 3.73's, 19" Drifts, electronics/nav., Kooks A/B's, AED Tune /Steeda CAI/BBQ Igniter Tick... SOLD
SHELBY GT 500 Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Only me, my car bears a huge amount of damage from letting others drive it. I may let a trusted coworker take a quick ride to the store for lunch, but that is extremely rare.

Once my daughter gets old enough, I'll teach her how to drive in it.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
Apprentice

My wife drives it from time to time. She ******* and moans about how loud and stiff it is, but deep down I think she really digs it.

2013 GT 6MT (Black)
PONY Member

I have let several people drive my GT. Son, daughter, Wife (even though she is afraid, brother in law, 2 nephews, and many more. I get happy when people drive it. They are all so blown away at how it drives. I enjoy it.

Ordered: 9-5-2012, Vin on 9-27-12
Window Sticker 10-8-12, Build Date 10-15-12
1ST ETA: 10-29 2ND ETA: 11/3
3RD ETA: 10-29
Delivery taken on Monday 10-29-2012

2013 GT Premium Mustang, Auto, Race Red, Brick Red Interior, Comfort, Brembo, Pedestal Spoiler, Shaker Pro, Side Scoops
Rookie

I've had mine for 2 months and my wife and my brother have driven it. Both are accustomed to performance cars, plus AdvanceTrac seems to do a good job of neutering the car enough to keep someone unfamiliar with it from getting in trouble.

Race Red GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page