Who do you let drive your Mustang? - Page 4 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

Mines a manual GT-500 so I'm learning from friends and instructors, the only two buddies I let drive mine, well one worked @ Lamborigini and owns an M/// and is used to all manual cars (drove Porsches\lotus\lambos and astons all the time) , so he makes me look like a ***** when it comes to driving this car, the other has driven manual his entire life. Other than that...really no one...not many these days can drive manual it is dying out as auto is so much faster.... My 2nd friend is obv more docile and even to him though he grew up driving manual the GT-500 to him is crazy, but with my 1st friend, to him, he pretty much learned on the GT-500, when he drives it vs how I drive it, the car literally transforms into a monster. so fast and such smooth shifts up and down complete rev matching, makes me feel like a fool, without the ability to fully harness the car.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

My friend and I just drove 12 hours round trip to get him a used 2007 GT convertible for him. I drove it the six hours on the way home. A week later he was having a question if the coyote was much faster then his 2007. I threw him the keys and said take it for the day.
The next day he returned and said wow. Not only is it faster but the whole car is upgraded. Outside of that nobody will touch my car ever again.

1987 5.0 LX ( sold in 92)
2011 GT/CS Convertible .Electronics package,
Security package,HID headlights,comfort package
Apprentice

Everyone including my: 73 year old mother, teenage half brothers, wife, colleagues, sister,cousins....lol.
If it was a 100,000$ car I wouldn't, but a 30,000 car no worries.....( I have an extra set of wheels in pristine condition,so no worries about curbed wheels). My reasoning is the car sits unused 95% of the time so why not let others enjoy driving it.

Rookie

Anyone who wants to.

2013 GT/CS 6 Speed 3.31's Sterling Gray Borla S-Type
SHELBY GT 350 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by pibirdman View Post
My wife is the only one in the family allowed to drive mine. She even drag races it at the track. She has a '14 GT so she has her own to play with. And the occasional shop guy.
Just to be clear, it is the 14 GT and not the occasional shop guy that she plays with, right?

Hers:2012 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Kona Blue Exterior/Charcoal Interior, 400A, HID/Security Pkg ,Comfort Pkg.
[COLOR="DimGray"][B]His: 2014 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Sterling Gray Exterior/Charcoal Interior,400A, Reverse Sensing/Security Pkg, Comfort Pkg SMR# 3635
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slorydn1 View Post
Just to be clear, it is the 14 GT and not the occasional shop guy that she plays with, right?
Was wondering the same thing, different strokes for different folks...

2011 V6 Mustang - Premium 202A Spec (Pony Package) - SOLD!

2014 V8 Mustang - Premium 400A Spec
6 Speed Manual, 3.31 Rear
Black, Charcoal Black
Comfort Package, Security System
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page