New 2014 GT Premium Convertible - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-18-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Ok so here are the promised pics with the top down and the red interior. This car is ... VERY RED... LOL. Definitely not for everybody. For me, the interior is actually growing on me except for the steering wheel. I can live with it because I look for other things in a Mustang, the engine sound, the V8 power, the design, driving it, and in this case the novelty of the vert. In the end if I get tired of the red interior it is something thatīs easy to change to something more subtle

2015 50 Anniversary Package GT
2014 Race Red Premium GT Convertible
2003 Silver GT
1981 Ford Mustang Fastback
1966 Mustang Coupe 289 4V
15 years ago 1984 Ford Mustang Hardtop
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

Thank you,

Interesting that Ford covered the steering wheel with the same color leather and did not do the hand brake boot.

That is allot of RED.

-Ken
2011 5.0 Convertible 401a with Accessory Package 6 and 19" Wheels

Other rides:
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit
2007 H-D VRSCD Nightrod
Beechcraft King Air 300
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Iīm glad they didnīt cover the hand brake boot in red also... I remember the 05-09 cars with the red interior also had red floor mats that look hideous because they show dirt like crazy.

Iīm really falling in love with the car so far. I drive it with the top down as much as possible, I guess its the new vert owner syndrome. Having gone through a base 10 V6, a 10 GT and now this 14 Iīm really amazed how much the suspension has been improved through these years. The 10 V6 was extremely bouncy on the rear and the front had those strange noises when going over bumps. The 10 GT felt a lot better but still a bit on the bouncy side. The vert on the other hand is extremely well composed and its actually a very comfortable car. I donīt know if verts have softer suspension settings, but the difference is amazing.

2015 50 Anniversary Package GT
2014 Race Red Premium GT Convertible
2003 Silver GT
1981 Ford Mustang Fastback
1966 Mustang Coupe 289 4V
15 years ago 1984 Ford Mustang Hardtop

Apprentice

Nice car, I looked at a very similar coupe but with a manual transmission, nice color combo.

2014 Grabber Blue Mustang GT Premium with nav, RR and comfy packages, 3.73 limited slip axle and optional 19" machined aluminum wheels

Mods: Boss 302 exhaust with QTP electric cutouts, Borla S-type axle backs, BBK Black Out CAI, aluminum Ford Racing coil covers, Steeda short shifter & bracket, Ford Racing Handling Kit, SHR window louvers
Apprentice

Nah, this is my second rag top Mustang and I have owned two Wrangers before. I am a drop top fanatic and really enjoy the open air feeling. Even in sketchy weather I will drop the top and pull over and raise it when I see rain ahead. Then again my other vehicle is a VROD so I might not be the best example of a pony enthusiast.

-Ken
2011 5.0 Convertible 401a with Accessory Package 6 and 19" Wheels

Other rides:
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit
2007 H-D VRSCD Nightrod
Beechcraft King Air 300
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page