John Lund Racing History and Review - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-16-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

John Lund Racing History and Review

I asked John Lund II to give me a brief history of his company and this is what he wrote:

"We don’t have any documented history online, but basically it started out with Jon Lund Sr. by himself back in 2005 tuning 03-04 Cobras locally. When the 2007 GT500 came out that is when it started picking up. He was and is still the pioneer tuner for GT500s. He helped set some records back then and continued tuning the higher HP GT500s in the industry. Outdoing a lot of competitors who had no clue and were hacks. When the 2011+ 5.0 hit the market in 2010 he was again one of the first, if not THE first to tune one. And continued to pioneer that platform. Business continued to grow. He had Lethal Performance as a vendor at that point. Evolution Performance as a vendor. And an assorted amount of shops around the globe. He needed help, so he hired Ken Bjonnes – a very well known Mustang tuner in the industry – and he helped organize and further grow the company in 2011-2012. In July 2012 he hired me to further help and we just hired a part time guy in December 2013. We’re growing rapidly and killing it."

"Both my father and Ken have been calibrating Ford PCMs since 2003. Lund Racing didn’t take off until 2005 or so. My father has been officially tweaking and tuning motors since he was 14-15. He’s almost 50 now. So he’s got a lot of knowledge under his belt and has taught me since I was a kid. In the entire industry we are THE only company to strictly offer tuning as its only product and do the amount of volume we do successfully on a broad spectrum of cars from low HP to high HP. We’ve pretty much done everything."

I think it's safe to say that they have a lot of tuning experience!

2014 Saleen Mustang White Label 14-013: Vortech V3 supercharger, Lund Tuned, ID1000's, NGK iridium plugs, Airaid CAI, BMR upper control arm and mount, BMR lower control arms w/ relocation brackets, BMR adjustable panhard bar and support brace, koni sport struts/shocks w/ GT500 strut mount, GT500 Brembo brake upgrade, CS fog lights, Stillen chin spoiler, Barton Shifter and two post bracket, Plasti-Dipped hood vents, and various Saleen parts and accessories.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-16-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

The Review

I've been working with Lund Racing for a couple of weeks and I'll start off by saying one word "Excellent"! I've been doing a data log tuning session with them for my Vortech that I just installed. The customer service and quick responses, even when busy at the racetrack, have been some of the best I've seen in the industry! I'm almost done with the data logging process and my car is already running great. I wasn't concerned about going with a dyno tune simply because I wanted to make sure that I worked with a company that had an abundance of experience with the 5.0 mustang. I will just say that if you want a great tune, and want it done right the first time, Lund racing is the place to go!

2014 Saleen Mustang White Label 14-013: Vortech V3 supercharger, Lund Tuned, ID1000's, NGK iridium plugs, Airaid CAI, BMR upper control arm and mount, BMR lower control arms w/ relocation brackets, BMR adjustable panhard bar and support brace, koni sport struts/shocks w/ GT500 strut mount, GT500 Brembo brake upgrade, CS fog lights, Stillen chin spoiler, Barton Shifter and two post bracket, Plasti-Dipped hood vents, and various Saleen parts and accessories.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page