2011 V6 Exhaust Time - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-17-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Thanks again for all of the info fellas.

Pretty sure I'm gonna go with the Ford Racing Sports although it is the priciest.

Apparently MRT isn't a popular choice around here? Was hoping someone may have experience with them as well.

Here's the video I watched for them
MRT 2011 V6 Mustang Interceptor Exhaust - YouTube

Any other recommendations are appreciated

2011 Mustang V6 Premium // Performance White // 3.31 // Security Pkg // Comfort Pkg // HID // K&N Intake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

I have bola ataks and I freaking love them best mod so far. bola is a great product but they are kinda pricey kinda hard for me to put that kinda money for an exhaust but I wanted the best. They have 3 different types touring s type and ataks. There is no drone with these they are great axle back exhaust but the price is a little much

post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-18-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by droptopstang11 View Post
I have bola ataks and I freaking love them best mod so far. bola is a great product but they are kinda pricey kinda hard for me to put that kinda money for an exhaust but I wanted the best. They have 3 different types touring s type and ataks. There is no drone with these they are great axle back exhaust but the price is a little much
Glad you like the Borla's but they are pretty loud! If I'm going to pay the price for those, the FRPP sport would suit me better.

2011 Mustang V6 Premium // Performance White // 3.31 // Security Pkg // Comfort Pkg // HID // K&N Intake

post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-18-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmr2000 View Post
Borla Touring and FRPP Touring pretty much the same and as far as I have heard the quietest of the aftermarkets.

Deep at idle and under 3000rpm but some growl when you get on it. Some resonance on the highway at low rpms in 5th and 6th, like 1700-2000rpm, have to stay higher rpm's to be quieter.

Roushs I have heard kind of raspy.

Ain't going to sound like a V8 but sounds decent, its too quiet stock!
Great info, thanks! I like the sound of the FRPP Sport much better than the FRPP/Borla touring. If I'm gonna pay the price range of those, the Sport wins.

Not trying to sound like a V8, just want it sound how it should and stock is way too weak like you said!

post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-18-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinMan91 View Post
Ford Racing Sport! best thing I've ever bought. I can't tell you how many guys hear it on idle and say "5.0?" obviously its nothing like a 5.0 while driving but it sounds great. id say classy loud under normal acceleration and on full throttle it definitely turns heads. every time I'm in a tunnel i have to drop down a gear and go. people say who am i trying to impress when i go full throttle… and the answer to that is I'm impressing myself. love ford racing sport
Good to hear! That's exactly what I'm looking for and was leaning towards the FRPP Sport to begin with. Thanks for the detailed info.

PONY Member

You didn't mention them, but in my option (from only hearing YouTube videos) the Bassani axle backs seem to have the best sound available, a nice deep rumble without the loud, whiney, ricer type sound.

2011 Mustang GT Premium
Manual 6Spd, 3.31 Rear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page