Tree sap on roof/hood - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-18-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

HEY GUYS, I tired the alcohol....BAM!!!! Came right off!!!

I was so happy I decided to use the jet black cleaning package to clean and re-wax the panels that were harrmed by the sap!!!!

I will try using the alcohol trick on my moms car and my bus!

"To find yourself, you must first lose yourself"

-2014 Ford Mustang GT Premium- Black (Comfort Package, Reverse Sensing & Security Package, Brembo Package)
-1997 Lincoln Town Car (Executive Series)
-1989 Lincoln Towncar (Signature Series)
-1973 Volkswagen Bus (Weekender)
-2001 Kawasaki Vulcan (1500 Classic)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

glad you fixed your issue

if you wash your car and put a wax or polish on it, the next time sap goes on just rinse your car with water and car soap. You shouldn't even need to touch the paint with anything but the hose water.

if not, well I think the alcohol method sounds interesting, but if you have wax already on your car you don't want to waste it and strip it off. Idk about you but the wax I use wasn't cheap.

2014 Mustang GT 400A 6spd, Deep Impact Blue, Track Pack, Recaro Leather, Rear View Camera
Ordered:12/04/13 VIN: 12/10/13 Window Sticker Online: 12/19/13 Scheduled: 02/16/14 Built: 01/14/14 Original ETA: 01/13/14 Home: 01/29/14
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-18-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

the sap was on there pretty dang good, i needed something strong

-2014 Ford Mustang GT Premium- Black (Comfort Package, Reverse Sensing & Security Package, Brembo Package)

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by porschpow View Post
the sap was on there pretty dang good, i needed something strong
I'm assuming you had a wax or polish on? Idk, maybe you had bigger "dots" of sap on there? A couple weeks ago I washed my car, parked it under a tree and like 5 hours later a ton of sap and bird stuff. The sap was all over but in little globules, and some dots. You could feel how bumpy it made everything. Anyways, I just got to washing the car again this past weekend and I threw my water on it. It felt like I got it all. I also clayed it do be doubly sure. Maybe it was the wax I was using.

Anyways the good news is that you got yours off.

2014 Mustang GT 400A 6spd, Deep Impact Blue, Track Pack, Recaro Leather, Rear View Camera
Ordered:12/04/13 VIN: 12/10/13 Window Sticker Online: 12/19/13 Scheduled: 02/16/14 Built: 01/14/14 Original ETA: 01/13/14 Home: 01/29/14
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-18-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Yeah thanks a lot for the advice guys!!!

Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy9946 View Post
I'd first try something like Meguiar's Ultimate Polish (NOT Ultimate Compound). Goo Gone can scratch clear coat, especially on darker or fragile colors. (I don't care what they claim--I've had it happen to me.)
You must have mixed some sand in with it then. there are zero abrasives in Goo Gone. I've been using it for about 20 years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page