Mods you should have done sooner than later - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-17-2014 Thread Starter
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Mods you should have done sooner than later

What mods did you wait to do, only to find out they were among the best / most significant improvements?

I've had my mustang a little over 3 years...

Today I got my Koni orange STR.Ts installed. I didn't realize how much body roll I had til it was gone. I drive with much more confidence. The car just flat out plants and the ride is perfectly streetable

About 5-6 weeks ago I upgraded from 3.31s to 3.73. It took me a few days to really learn and feel how the new in gears came into play. The entire powerband is a toe curl away.

I got a Bama tune a few months into the car. I was never really happy with itbbecause it was flakey and unpredictable. I moved on to Steeda which was much more refined. I'd still call it a great tune. But a couple of months ago I got an MPT tune and it is incrementally better than the Steeda in the AT shifting dept.

These together make the car so much more fun and responsive. I don't look at the wait for these mods as regrets, I look at them as worth the wait

2011 Mustang 3.7L V6 Premium ∙ MCA (203A)
Ingot Silver ∙ Charcoal Black ∙ Auto
HIDs ∙ Security ∙ Comfort Package ∙ Remote Start
Koni STR.T shocks/struts ∙ Roush DUB springs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-18-2014
GT Member

this one

2014 GT 5.0 | Premium | 401A | Roush A/B
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-18-2014
Apprentice

Jlt oil catch can. After seeing what and how much crap it collects.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-18-2014
Apprentice

My suspension. Should have done that a lot sooner.

2011 Mustang GT, A6,Vortech by Beefcake, Beefcake Torque Booster, Circle D 2C, P305/35R18 M/T Street Radial IIs, Ford FRPP Springs, BMR Panhard Bar, BMR UCA and LCAs, DSS Shaft, Koni yellows, Lethal OR-H and OAP, Flowmaster Hushpowers
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-18-2014
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCA2011 View Post
What mods did you wait to do, only to find out they were among the best / most significant improvements?

I've had my mustang a little over 3 years...

Today I got my Koni orange STR.Ts installed. I didn't realize how much body roll I had til it was gone. I drive with much more confidence. The car just flat out plants and the ride is perfectly streetable

About 5-6 weeks ago I upgraded from 3.31s to 3.73. It took me a few days to really learn and feel how the new in gears came into play. The entire powerband is a toe curl away.

I got a Bama tune a few months into the car. I was never really happy with itbbecause it was flakey and unpredictable. I moved on to Steeda which was much more refined. I'd still call it a great tune. But a couple of months ago I got an MPT tune and it is incrementally better than the Steeda in the AT shifting dept.

These together make the car so much more fun and responsive. I don't look at the wait for these mods as regrets, I look at them as worth the wait
MCA,

Sorry to hear about your trouble running the Bama tune! If you don't already have our discount code shoot me a PM and I'll get you set up because of the inconvenience we may have caused!

If you're still looking to improve on the handling even further I would definitely recommend taking a look into a Sway Bar Kit as it would work hand in hand with the aforementioned suspension modifications.

Let me know if you're to have any other questions or if there's anything I can help out with!

-Alex

Alex Lazarus | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 1-866-363-4591 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-18-2014
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3RM1N8R View Post
this one

Hahahaha well played sir. I was going to say 3.73 gears then I remembered that I traded the 14 v6 for an 11 gt/cs which is indeed the mod I should have done 2 years ago.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2011 Race Red GT/CS: current
MGW race spec shifter, Borla ATAK axle backs w/ resonator deletes, Boss Intake Manifold w/ Steeda CAI, stainless power longtube headers, driveshaft shop carbon fiber drive shaft, ACT twin disc clutch.

2014 Race Red V6: sold
Airaid Cold Air Intake, pype bomb axle backs, bama 91p tune, ford racing 3.73 gears, Barton short throw shifter, Mac ceramic shorty headers.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-18-2014
GT Member
S197 Member

Seats. If you're doing any motorsport/competition events, there's nothing like being held securely in the car and being able to feel what's happening.

2002 C5 Z51. MCS 2WNR TT2 coilovers, 18x11 Forgestars, 315's, yada yada. Built Z06 T56. Bolt ons. Coming soon to a CAM event near you.

2013 F150 6.2L. 9mpg.

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014
PONY Member
S197 Member

MGW Shifter! Just one of those things where you don't know what you're missing.. I waited a year and a half.

Black 2013 GT Premium | Track Package | Recaros | GT500's | JBA H-Pipe | Borla Over-Axles | OEM GT500 Spoiler | Koni Yellows | Steeda CAI/Tune | Steeda Ultralite Springs | Steeda Adjustable UCA/PHB | Steeda Billet LCAs | MGW | Forgestar F14's
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014
GT Member

Any mod was too late.

-2012 Grabber Blue GT 6M Premium w/ Brembos, Glass Roof, HID security pkg, Rear Camera, 401a, FRPP GT500 Axle-backs, Front Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, JHR bracket, Bondra clutch extension.
-1986 Mazda RX-7 GX - Fast Mirage 16" Wheels, Sumo Firenza 205/60R Tires, slotted brakes + performance pads. Otherwise factory stock.
-2008 Mazda Mazda3 GT Sport - Stock, 5MT.
-2004 Volvo XC90 T5 - Comfort pkg, safety pkg.
-1995 Infiniti G20 - Sold, Pioneer head unit, lighting mods, miss it dearly.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csamsh View Post
Seats. If you're doing any motorsport/competition events, there's nothing like being held securely in the car and being able to feel what's happening.

Those look like amazingly comfortable seats....how much were they if you don't mind me asking ?

2009 Red C/S, 2014 Blue GT, 1969 Coupe 302
PONY Member

My first mod was and is the first mod anybody IMHO should make if they have a manual - remove the helper spring on the clutch pedal - cost $ 0.00 - difference in feel is 100% - I hated driving with that spring - now it actually feels good - you won't know how bad it was until you remove it - a 5 minute job I need to post instructions on here as it is easy if done correctly.

Second Mod - just did it last weekend - MGW shifter - amazing value for the money - haven't drove the car much yet so I need to evaluate the performance - top quality piece though -- way way ahead of barton or ford performance shifters - just incredible. I've had too many missed shifts with the stock shifter.

Third Mod - yet to be done - Cortex racing watts link, Torque arm and LCA's. No use in adding any power to the car unless I can drive it with confidence and put the power to the ground.

Fourth Mod - yet to be done - new tires for better traction.

Fifth Mod - yet to be done - Performance tune.

2009 Red C/S, 2014 Blue GT, 1969 Coupe 302
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonrakercat View Post
Those look like amazingly comfortable seats....how much were they if you don't mind me asking ?
Yeah they're great...and they make "GT" (big) sizes too. The driver is a Cobra Suzuka GT ($850) and the passenger is a Monaco ($400).

Why the difference? The passenger is a steel-frame seat, the driver is carbon/kevlar composite. Both are FIA certified.

2002 C5 Z51. MCS 2WNR TT2 coilovers, 18x11 Forgestars, 315's, yada yada. Built Z06 T56. Bolt ons. Coming soon to a CAM event near you.

2013 F150 6.2L. 9mpg.

Apprentice

These are all good mods to do asap. I particulary liked how my Mustang looked after I installed the Silver Horse Racing louvers. Gives my Mustang a real "fastback" look to it. I like them much more than the stick on louvers. The SHR louvers look like original equipment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	The Mamba.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	357105  

2011 Black Mustang Premium M6
BBK shorty's, BBK catted Xpipe, Magnaflow Streets, Airaid CAI, SR LCA's, MGW Shifter, MPT 93 tune, Ford Racing 3.73 gears, SHR Louvers, 3.7 badges.
SHELBY GT 350 Member

csamsh,

I know it don't matter how they look, but those look real cool.

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
MACH I Member

Clear bra film over the front end. Going on tomorrow hopefully.

2018 GT350 - Race red

2012 Mustang GT/CS - Race red - Electronics package - Security package - 3.73 - Steeda shift knob - Steeda shift bracket - ProCal II Tune - GT500 ABs - Shaftmasters DS - Boss 302S Wheels - Build date: February 14th, 2012

2011 Mustang V6 - Pony Package Premium Coupe - Black - Charcoal Leather - Roush Front Fascia - Matte Black Lemans and Hockey Stick Hood Stripes - 6% HP Charcoal Tint - 3.31
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page