Diablosport Intune w/ Bama Tunes - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Diablosport Intune w/ Bama Tunes

I bought the Diablosport Tuner from American Muscle a few months ago for my 2013 GT and had to stop using it because with the Bama Tunes if I would be slowing down to a stop the A/T will bang from 2nd to 1st gear. I'm afraid it will mess up the A/T. It is a really hard shift....
I tried to get different tunes from Bama a while back through my Mac Computer but could not get it to Bama. Im frustrated that I spent all the money and cant use it. I will try to send to Bama again and see what happens. The person I talked to at AM had no answers how to get it to them on a Mac Computer.
Anyone else have this issue before?

Ordered: 9-5-2012, Vin on 9-27-12
Window Sticker 10-8-12, Build Date 10-15-12
1ST ETA: 10-29 2ND ETA: 11/3
3RD ETA: 10-29
Delivery taken on Monday 10-29-2012

2013 GT Premium Mustang, Auto, Race Red, Brick Red Interior, Comfort, Brembo, Pedestal Spoiler, Shaker Pro, Side Scoops
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014
Apprentice

I had the same problem with mine last year. 2 months ago, I tried their new tunes and the shifting was better, without any hard downshift from 2 to 1 on slow deceleration.
As for the Mac, I have no idea. Might be simpler to borrow a laptop from a friend to get the revised tunes on your Diablo Intune.

2012 GT Premium, Kona Blue
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
I bought the Diablosport Tuner from American Muscle a few months ago for my 2013 GT and had to stop using it because with the Bama Tunes if I would be slowing down to a stop the A/T will bang from 2nd to 1st gear. I'm afraid it will mess up the A/T. It is a really hard shift....
I tried to get different tunes from Bama a while back through my Mac Computer but could not get it to Bama. Im frustrated that I spent all the money and cant use it. I will try to send to Bama again and see what happens. The person I talked to at AM had no answers how to get it to them on a Mac Computer.

Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with the hard downshifts! This is something that can absolutely be fixed and I wanted to ask if you could shoot Bama a call at 888.226.9764 so we can have a revision set up and see how we can work around getting the new tune sent over to you.

Let me know if you have any questions in the meantime and I'm here to help any way I can!

-Alex

Alex Lazarus | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 1-866-363-4591 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Alex,
OK I will contact you and see what can be done.
I think I will take some advise and use my Brother in laws PC to get it to AM/Bama. But yesterday I could not find my Diablo Cable so I just ordered another one from Diablo. Once i get it I will contact you and get he ball rolling.
Thanks!
Guitarman

2013 GT Premium Mustang, Auto, Race Red, Brick Red Interior, Comfort, Brembo, Pedestal Spoiler, Shaker Pro, Side Scoops
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014
Apprentice

Quote:
It does not work on a Mac. They tell you that upfront from Bama and its on the website.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-23-2014
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Alex,
OK I will contact you and see what can be done.
I think I will take some advise and use my Brother in laws PC to get it to AM/Bama. But yesterday I could not find my Diablo Cable so I just ordered another one from Diablo. Once i get it I will contact you and get he ball rolling.
Thanks!
Guitarman
Guitarman,

Sorry about the delay! Keep me in the loop if there's anything else i can help out with and I would recommend utilizing his PC if you're able to do so as they're not compatible on Mac's yet (Between you and me I'm hoping it's sooner than later!)

Alex

Free Same-Day Shipping!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-23-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Guitarman,

Sorry about the delay! Keep me in the loop if there's anything else i can help out with and I would recommend utilizing his PC if you're able to do so as they're not compatible on Mac's yet (Between you and me I'm hoping it's sooner than later!)

Alex
Ok, I am still waiting on my replacement tuner cable to get to me plus I am going on a three day trip. I will contact Bama end of the week.
Thanks

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-23-2014
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Ok, I am still waiting on my replacement tuner cable to get to me plus I am going on a three day trip. I will contact Bama end of the week.
Thanks
Sounds good! Keep me in the loop if there's anything I can help out with in the meantime!

-Alex

Free Same-Day Shipping!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-23-2014
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
It does not work on a Mac. They tell you that upfront from Bama and its on the website.
So wrong. It works perfectly fine(if not easier). When I ordered my tuner a year ago it said mac comparable which is the main reason I bought it.

2012 Mustang GT 5.0 6spd manual transmission-BBK Longtube headers-BBK O/R X- Borla S Type mufflers- Dolce DC34 Matte Black wheels - 255/35/20 Nexen N3000 all around.
Raxiom halos, all lights smoked, louvers, Tuned by Lund Racing
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-28-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Sounds good! Keep me in the loop if there's anything I can help out with in the meantime!

-Alex
Alex,
I got my new cable and decided to load the Street Tune on my GT again for the heck of it. It had been a few months since I had used it because of the harsh shifting it created before.
I loaded it and the Harsh Shifting is not happening anymore???
What the heck???
So at this point I will drive it a week or two to see if the harsh shifting returns. But the way it is right now is totally acceptable. Really good!
Has this happened to anyone else? maybe a glitch in the download the first time I did it??

Question: Does Bama have NEW Tunes that are updater or better that the original Tunes I received when I bought the Tuner??
Thanks

Guitarman

Site Sponsor

Quote:
Alex,
I got my new cable and decided to load the Street Tune on my GT again for the heck of it. It had been a few months since I had used it because of the harsh shifting it created before.
I loaded it and the Harsh Shifting is not happening anymore???
What the heck???
So at this point I will drive it a week or two to see if the harsh shifting returns. But the way it is right now is totally acceptable. Really good!
Has this happened to anyone else? maybe a glitch in the download the first time I did it??

Question: Does Bama have NEW Tunes that are updater or better that the original Tunes I received when I bought the Tuner??
Thanks

Guitarman

Thanks for keeping me in the loop on this! Are you referring do the down or upshift? I know that we're working on adjusting the downshifting as I can personally attest to how jarring it can be. Let me know if you have any questions on it or shoot Bama a call if you need an answer immediately and we're here to help!

-Alex

Free Same-Day Shipping!
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-30-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Thanks for keeping me in the loop on this! Are you referring do the down or upshift? I know that we're working on adjusting the downshifting as I can personally attest to how jarring it can be. Let me know if you have any questions on it or shoot Bama a call if you need an answer immediately and we're here to help!

-Alex
In my AT it's the downshift from second to first but as I said I reloaded the street tune and it is not having the harsh shift anymore. I will give it a week or two to see if the harsh shift comes back or not
Thanks

Site Sponsor

Quote:
In my AT it's the downshift from second to first but as I said I reloaded the street tune and it is not having the harsh shift anymore. I will give it a week or two to see if the harsh shift comes back or not
Thanks
Okay! That's exactly what I thought! We're working on adjusting this and if it's still persistent let me or the guys at Bama know because we need to hear about it! Let me know if there's anything else I can lend a hand with in the meantime, I'm always here to help out!

Alex

Free Same-Day Shipping!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page