shift light/sound? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

shift light/sound?

Was reading another thread and someone mentioned setting their shift light and sound to a specific rpm. Is this a feature on stock cars or is it an aftermarket thing?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-20-2014
PONY Member

There is no sound, but the tach will change to red just before redline. Some one on here mentioned that all years since 2005 have this feature, but I have yet to notice it on my '13. I have seen it on pre '13 models though. I am not sure if it is specific to certain option packages or not and I also do not know if the engine speed at which it comes on is adjustable. I looked through my owners manual and saw no mention off the feature.

2013 Red Candy Metallic GT Premium Coupe
Black Leather, 6MT, Comfort Package, Brembo Package, 3.55 Axle
Borla Touring axle back, Suntec CXP 45% window tint, Eibach Pro-Kit, Steeda Strut Mounts, Rear Upper Control Arm and Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets, Energy Suspension Shifter Bushing
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-20-2014
Apprentice

I had an 08 GT premium and the tach never went to red wish it had qould have been a good feature.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-20-2014
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogan01 View Post
Was reading another thread and someone mentioned setting their shift light and sound to a specific rpm. Is this a feature on stock cars or is it an aftermarket thing?
They were referring to a shift aid that can be set to a light or sounnd that tells you when you have reached a certain rpm. However this is only available in the GT500 and not the stock GT.

2009 Red C/S, 2014 Blue GT, 1969 Coupe 302
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-20-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Thanks. 2014 gt premium trackpack. Didn't see anything in the manual but it does not get into the gauge or track apps much. Would be a great feature. Found one aftermarket wireless - don't want to do wiring _ and the plx wireless one only works with iPhone _ I have android.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-20-2014
GT Member

2013 GT Track Package here and I do believe my gauges go red right around the redline. But the car revs up so quick and depending what gear your in, you don't have a lot of time to look down at the gauge because you need your eyes on the road so you have to learn over time to learn shift points by ear and repetition.

2013 GT, Track Pack, Recaros, Kooks Axlebacks, Airaid CAI, BMR Rear Adj. LCAs, BMR Relocation Brackets, JLT Oil Separator(s), Barton 2 Post Shifter Bracket, Steeda Motor Mounts, Barton Shifter, JHR Clutch line, BMR adj. UCA and Mount, Kooks 1 3/4 headers/catted H, DSS Al Shaft, BMR Loop, Vogtland Sport Springs front/BMR rear, Strange Adj. Struts/Shocks, Extended ball joints, Steeda Bumpsteer Kit, Whiteline Tranny Mount Bushing, Borla Overaxles, BMR Watts, Vorshlag 3" Ducts
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-20-2014
PONY Member
4.6L Member

I think its a great feature, You can see it change to red while driving, Works a lot better at night.

2014 GT Track Pack. JLT CAI. 94 dyno Tune,MBRP street catback, LCA, PHB, Springs.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2014
PONY Member

GT Premium here (not Track Pack) and the gauge definitely turns bright red at or near the red line.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2014
GT Member

My friend with a Subaru WRX STI had an aftermarket shift light installed on his car. When he hit redline, it'd shine a green LED light and provide an audible beep. The light and beep were also adjustable for different RPMs.

Current:
2007 Mustang GT 302 stroker 6060 swap, 3.73 gears, Hidden Hitch Receiver, Barton Short Throw, JBA LTs, Borla Touring Axle Back, Lito tuned SCT X4. BMR SP009, Bilsteins, J&M CC plates, J&M LCAs. 4 Piston Brembos
DOB GT450 with VMP Gen II 2.3 TVS | 13/14 GT500 HE & IWP | GT500 hat & DW340s | FRPP 52lb | CMS Stage 2 Blower Cams | Comp 113 Springs & Retainers | 8 rib conversion | Track Spec GT500 Vents | PTFE Heat Barriers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page