So...who is concerned about '15 Challenger? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Im no Dodge hater, I actually like Dodge and Jeep very much. Not as much as the Ford blue that pumps through my veins, but quite a bit. Chevy im not a fan of and I think its just all because of the rivalry we have always had with them. My friends and I have always been Ford/Chevy people. Im glad to see Dodge finally putting something out there thats going to kick some butt. If I had the cash I might consider one, but like people have mentioned above, you cant beat the Mustang for the price, power and options. It will be interesting to see what these cars will do at the track.

Greg
2011 Race Red GT

Just an old married guy (with kids) and two expensive hobbies...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

Not a Challenger fan and not scared of them either. I have not seen one I would trade my Mustang or my Trans Am for.

Apprentice

Overpriced heavy boats boasting a lot of power (because it takes a lot of power to move that weight!). Not worried at all to come across one on the road,.

PONY Member

TBH, I feel like the Challenger and the Mustang are two totally different segments.

The Challenger is a comfy, big, v8 cruiser (aka more like a true Muscle car) whereas the Mustang is a smaller, sportier car.

Similar, but very different.

2012 Mustang GT Premium
BLACK on BLACK 401A. A6, HIDs, Security, Rear Camera+Reverse Sensing, Remote Start, Comfort.
-Roush Axle-backs
(Planning on CAI/Tune then I'll be good)
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkandgud View Post
TBH, I feel like the Challenger and the Mustang are two totally different segments.

The Challenger is a comfy, big, v8 cruiser (aka more like a true Muscle car) whereas the Mustang is a smaller, sportier car.

^^ he gets it.

45 years ago, the mustang and Mopar E bodies were in the same segment. Today, Dodge is carving its own niche.

2011 Mustang 3.7L V6 Premium ∙ MCA (203A)
Ingot Silver ∙ Charcoal Black ∙ Auto
HIDs ∙ Security ∙ Comfort Package ∙ Remote Start
Koni STR.T shocks/struts ∙ Roush DUB springs
GT Member
5.0L Member

I love the interior of the new Challenger. I've never had much faith in Chrysler products though.

2013 Mustang GT, Track Pack, Recaro Seats, MT82, GT500 Axle Back, Boss 302 Quad Exhaust, Transmission Bushing Insert, MGW Shifter, Steeda Shift Knob, GT500 Spoiler, MMD Hood Struts, CPC Battery Covers.
BOSS Member
S197 Member

OP. 670 pounds of torque ? Where do you drive something like this ? Don't get me wrong, Im a gearhead from way back, with a few notches under my belt.But unless you are running a fully prepped car, with big racing slicks, that kind of power will only get you a recognized burnout award.
There is a lot of difference between a powerful car, and a fast car. Nothing has changed. Again, don't get me wrong, I like both. But when I have to drive it on the street, I also have to force myself, to have some common sense.

2011 GT. Grabber Blue. Procharged. 3:73 manual.Billit LCA's. Corsa Extremes. GT 500 wheels. Racemaster DR's. T-56 Tremec. Dynotech DS . Centerforce DF. American Racing headers/high flow cats 560 rwhp.Donny Walsh tuned

2012 Pony Package. Race Red.3:31 automatic.BBK longtubes and catted X.FRPP Sport axlebacks. BBK throttle body. Dynotech DS. Brembo wheels and tires. Strut tower brace. Airraid CAI. Bama tuned.
Rookie

Two weeks ago I traded my 2010 Dodge Challenger R/T plus in for a new 2013 GT Premium Mustang that was left over at a Ford dealer. Liked my Challenger but I love my mustang now. I have no regrets trading in the Challenger.

I appreciate all muscle cars but you get so much more with the the Mustang than the challenger. Hope the hellcat does Dodge well but i still think the mustang will outsell the challenger.
PONY Member

I hope they keep pushing each other to build better and better cars. Thats what its about. I wanted a convertible so the Callenger was out. Another thing Ive herd was as big as the Challenger is you still cant really sit people in the back seat.

1987 5.0 LX ( sold in 92)
2011 GT/CS Convertible .Electronics package,
Security package,HID headlights,comfort package
Apprentice

For that much money, I would buy a C7 Stingray and smile all the way home.
I love my 2011 Roush Stage 2 TVS blown, but for as much as I see they will want for the boat, eh Hellcat, C7.

Wow, This 2011 Stang is FAST.
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpaulg87 View Post
My question is, when the R\T getting the 475HP\485HPTQ motor option (same as the lower trim srt) is anyone worried?

Am I worried? This is the first thought that came to mind-

Lil Wayne - No Worries (Explicit) ft. Detail - YouTube

And this is the second thought that came to mind-

UPR Products Stealth Fighter 10.89 Pass - YouTube

Like us at Facebook.com/TeamUPR
Follow us on Instagram @uprproducts
Ask me about the discount on UPR Products for AFM members!
PONY Member

I went for a ride in my son's roommate's 65K SRT 8 Challenger, nice, it went OK. But when I took him out in my BOSS..................his eyes bugged from his head...........................still Da Boss...................ha ha!

2013 BOSS 302 School Bus Yellow #1121
post #28 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-21-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkandgud View Post

Having owned an SRT-8 for 4 years yeah, I agree, def more of a cruiser. You don't feel bumps but always have a big V-8 on tap for power. I'd agree the Mustang in general is a Sports car, Challenger is a muscle, but that thing is so well insulated you have zero road noise, you don't hear rain taps, and even with 1000w subwoofer the car barely rattles. Def a cruiser, but the 6.4l can bruise for sure, I don't see many 5.0's beating out the 392 6.4l's, but then again with the price range naturally the 392 should be an ass whooper as currently (until '15's come out) it's way more expensive.

Of course now that the R\T is getting the option of the 6.4l and the insane new 8-speed....the automatic version is going to be a monster. 8-speed autos like the ZF-8 you have to drive them vs the prior gen (same motor, not same trans) and good lord always at peak power. I LOVED the 5.7l RAM w\ the 8-speed, vs the 5-speed in the 14 and below the 8-speed cuts almost 2-3 seconds off 0-60. The Jeep SRT-8 w\ 8 speed vs the 5-speed, just good lord. So many gears so you are always @ peak power in the rpm band + 250ms shifts, blazing fast.

I dunno how fast the 8-speed is in the Chevy stingrays, but I'm guessing they more than likely use the ZF-8 as well, it's rated up to I think 800lbs of tq.
GT Member

I was driving next to an SRT Superbee Charger today, seemed relatively new, and the passenger was holding up the rear view mirror which had some how fallen off. Our police force also uses Chargers now, but I don't really take Chrysler products seriously yet. Maybe in a few more years, but FoMoCo FTW.

-2012 Grabber Blue GT 6M Premium w/ Brembos, Glass Roof, HID security pkg, Rear Camera, 401a, FRPP GT500 Axle-backs, Front Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, JHR bracket, Bondra clutch extension.
-1986 Mazda RX-7 GX - Fast Mirage 16" Wheels, Sumo Firenza 205/60R Tires, slotted brakes + performance pads. Otherwise factory stock.
-2008 Mazda Mazda3 GT Sport - Stock, 5MT.
-2004 Volvo XC90 T5 - Comfort pkg, safety pkg.
-1995 Infiniti G20 - Sold, Pioneer head unit, lighting mods, miss it dearly.
GT Member
S197 Member

You can drive yourself crazy with this stuff. Like the new c7z06 supercharged with 650 hp. Well that's 10 more hp than I have now in my naturally aspirated srt viper. There will always be a new version of something that tops what you might have. I celebrate that the US can put out such fine cars as the Challenger, Mustang, C7, viper etc. I like them all but have a preference. Anyway all more hp means to me, is a longer walk out of the woods. I have average skills at best and street road surfaces offer insufficient grip, even with the stock 355 rear tires.

06 Mustang GT, 76mm turbo @ 22lbs boost, built 302, built fuel, 4r70w + transbrake, gutted, 10.0 @ 136 mph in 1/4 (sold 2011)

S550 mercedes, stock, daily driver

previoulsy owned
2002 viper gts
2006 viper coupe
2013 srt viper base (track package)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page