So...who is concerned about '15 Challenger? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

So...who is concerned about '15 Challenger?

I swapped from a SRT to a GT-500, and I love, though my first "real" manual sports car. My question is, when the R\T getting the 475HP\485HPTQ motor option (same as the lower trim srt) is anyone worried? Then of course comes along the Hellcat, which as a Challenger owner has ALWAYS been talk (as I switched they all kinda hate me now). It's official now and has two fobs just like the Boss 302. And is the first super-charged HEMI ever. The induction from the front head-lamps to me seems CRAZY but makes SO much sense. I know at minimum they are saying 670HP and 670TQ, as it is a heavier car. I do love how they announce it though. 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat - YouTube

It does seem like a complete monster though. Plus the R\T is getting the option of the 6.4l HEMI, and the gorgeous new interior as does the Mustang, but to me, the real deal, is the link above...first s\c HEMI ever and it is, without a doubt, going to be more powerful than the 8.4l VIPER motor. boy do they say it well, I love the end quote. Notice how they totally copied the Boss 302's key fobs.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

My only "concern" about the '15 / '16 Challenger is it might be my next car. Not the Hellcat, as my pockets arent that deep but a Hemi could be in my future.

I don't drive for the Ford racing team nor do I work in their performance engineering group, so my job is not at risk for being outdone by a competitor. So no I am not concerned, but I am excited as to what Dodge might be brining to the table

2011 Mustang 3.7L V6 Premium ∙ MCA (203A)
Ingot Silver ∙ Charcoal Black ∙ Auto
HIDs ∙ Security ∙ Comfort Package ∙ Remote Start
Koni STR.T shocks/struts ∙ Roush DUB springs
post #3 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014
PONY Member
5.0L Member

I'd take a GT500 over it any day of the week.... Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those guys that hates Camaro, Challenger etc. I love anything that screams "AMERICAN ICON" as this one clearly does. Bang for your buck though, Ill stick with FORD ALL DAY EVERY DAY.

2011 Yellow Blaze GT Premium / Boss Intake Manifold/ BBK 85MM Throttle Body / 3.73 gears / BBK ceramic coated Long Tube headers / Catted X pipe / Roush Axle Backs / JLT CAI

post #4 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014
PONY Member

I have absolutely no interest at all but I hope they sell a ton of them and they turn out to be great cars.
post #5 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dprat View Post
I'd take a GT500 over it any day of the week.... Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those guys that hates Camaro, Challenger etc. I love anything that screams "AMERICAN ICON" as this one clearly does. Bang for your buck though, Ill stick with FORD ALL DAY EVERY DAY.
I always liked the Challenger. The only reason I don`t have one is the fact that Ford gives you more car for the money. A loaded six banger is north of $30,000. Also it (Challenger) may well be an American (U.S.A) icon, but the current car is not American irregardless of Chrysler`s ad that states "Imported from Detroit". The car is assembled in Canada, & the engine is made in Mexico. Yeah, I know about Ford`s Chinese transmissions, but the car is built in the U.S.A.

Note: this is not a slam on our brothers form Canada or Mexico, just stating the facts.

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!
post #6 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenv View Post
I always liked the Challenger. The only reason I don`t have one is the fact that Ford gives you more car for the money. A loaded six banger is north of $30,000. Also it (Challenger) may well be an American (U.S.A) icon, but the current car is not American irregardless of Chrysler`s ad that states "Imported from Detroit". The car is assembled in Canada, & the engine is made in Mexico. Yeah, I know about Ford`s Chinese transmissions, but the car is built in the U.S.A.

Note: this is not a slam on our brothers form Canada or Mexico, just stating the facts.
lol I know what ya mean man, I know our parts are pimped out to the lowest bidder too as is pretty much everything now days. Bang for your buck will always be the Ford Mustang...You can't beat it.

"I don't hate the ride, I hate the driver"

2011 Yellow Blaze GT Premium / Boss Intake Manifold/ BBK 85MM Throttle Body / 3.73 gears / BBK ceramic coated Long Tube headers / Catted X pipe / Roush Axle Backs / JLT CAI
post #7 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014
GT Member

I am not worried, as there will always be someone out there faster than me. Doesn't matter what you drive, it will happen. Nice to see Dodge doing even more with the Challenger, and would be fun to see in person and drive. I do not see me trading for one, mainly due to me having put too much into my mustang in mods to justify, the monetary loss. If I was in the market at the time it was available, sure, I would look, but guessing the price would be out of my range anyway.

2013 GT 6 spd, GT500 mufflers, BOSS quad exhaust, Roush CAI, Barton shifter & 2 post bracket
CS GT-40 Wheels, Hotchkis sway bars, upper and lower control arms, springs (1.1/1.6 drop) and adj panhard bar KONI yellow struts and shocks J&M caster/camber plates,
BMR Upper control arm mount and lower control arm brackets.

post #8 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-20-2014
Rookie

Challenger is actually one of my favorite american cars but it costs too damn much. Love the idea however and hope it does well.
post #9 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-20-2014
GT Member

Im not concerned because of what i paid for my car.

I also prefer the way it looks. Id rather have a gt500 over a hell cat, but it doesnt really matter. The world is not a race track.

Im happy with my car, and with the 2015 mustang coming out im sure ford will have a response for the hellcat.

2014 GT 5.0 | Premium | 401A | Roush A/B
PONY Member

Hellcat? Really? Stupid name....

'13 5.0 PW Premium / E-Force Supercharger w/ Brenspeed tune / FRPP Recaro's / GT500 quad exhaust / DSS Aluminum / Stop Tech 6P 15" / 13" rears / LP over axels / MGW / Moroso separator / 3:73's / Forgestar F14's 20x9/20x11 w/ Nitto Invo's 275/35's & 315/35's / Steeda Sport springs / Koni STR.T's / Steeda PHB / GT500 Spoiler / Roush upper and lower grills / Stillen front splitter / Boss steering wheel / Alcantara shift and brake boots / 10" matte black racing stripes / Rocker stripes
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyV View Post
Pretty sure there are a few Japanese Pilots in WWII that wish they had never met one

And Nope, not worried.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/Siberexpress/Sterling/Stripes/af58edf0-2e2e-4ffe-a201-405b00a627bc_zpseb5ae052.jpg
2013 Performance Package V6
2013 F150 6.2L Boss
Yes it is a Boss
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siber Express View Post
Pretty sure there are a few Japanese Pilots in WWII that wish they had never met one

And Nope, not worried.
Ha, very true.

Why would anyone be concerned?
It's a nice car and I like the looks of the Challenger but I get a better deal with the Mustang, hands down.

2014 GHIG GT Premium - Track Pack, Comfort Pack, Rear Camera, GT500 mufflers, Boss 302 Grille with stock fogs.
PONY Member

Concerned? Not at all. To meet or exceed the performance of a GT, you have to spend WAAAAAY too much money. I would have seriously considered a base srt8 when I got my mustang in '11, but it was just too much money for the performance. And the R/T was too weak compared with the GT. Great looking cars, but the money just isn't there.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyV View Post
I think it's a great name. Sounds mean.

To echo others here, I love the Challenger, especially from an aesthetic standpoint, but it costs too much compared to the Mustang. Way more bang for your buck sticking with Ford, and as sexy as the Hellcat looks, if I had the money for either, I'd still probably go for a GT500.
Apprentice

The price for performance is exactly why I bought the 14 Mustang GT Premium rather than an SRT Core. SRTs never have cash back, have $1000 gas guzzler tax (in PA, NJ might be $1300) and you get so much more in the Mustang. I had a 2010 R/T and loved it. But when I wanted more performance, it was $32K vs $41K and the Core doesn't have nearly the amenities. And it's a bit too big so parking was always a worry for me. I've driven the SRTs a few times (NJMP and VIR) and they still feel heavy. Awesome ride for cruising the highway and you can fit 5 adults in the car (and maybe 3 bodies in the trunk - it's huge). One other factor was not as much after market support - few vendors with higher prices. That said, if my kids were in college I'd be tempted to trade my DD for an SRT - they just look bad a$$.

2014 GT Premium, Sterling Grey, 6 Speed, 3:55 Gears, Comfort Group, GT500 AB, 3dCarbon Spoiler, JLT CC, Boss 302 Alcantara steering wheel, FRPP TrackCal, FRPP Brembos, FRPP Wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page