Brick Red Interior - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Brick Red Interior

So I went to check out a black GT which is not the color I wanted but pickens are getting low. They have a really nice black GT track pack, comfort pkg, but with brick red/cashmere int. Did anyone buy this combo? Anyone else like or dislike it?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Sounds like you're settling for something you don't want. "But its not the color I want"... "But it has the brick red interior" ... "Do you guys like it"

Talking yourself into it or getting convinced by other's opinions on a car purchase is a recipe for buyers remorse

2011 Mustang 3.7L V6 Premium ∙ MCA (203A)
Ingot Silver ∙ Charcoal Black ∙ Auto
HIDs ∙ Security ∙ Comfort Package ∙ Remote Start
Koni STR.T shocks/struts ∙ Roush DUB springs
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCA2011 View Post
Sounds like you're settling for something you don't want. "But its not the color I want"... "But it has the brick red interior" ... "Do you guys like it"

Talking yourself into it or getting convinced by other's opinions on a car purchase is a recipe for buyers remorse
By me stating "Yeah I like it" does not mean you should buy it. Get the color you really want. If not you will be real unhappy when the "New" wears off. If there are no cars you like around you, check online & be prepared to travel to get the car you want. Don`t just settle for a car you may have buyers remorse for. That will be an expensive decision.

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenv View Post
By me stating "Yeah I like it" does not mean you should buy it. Get the color you really want. If not you will be real unhappy when the "New" wears off. If there are no cars you like around you, check online & be prepared to travel to get the car you want. Don`t just settle for a car you may have buyers remorse for. That will be an expensive decision.
+2
What he said. Dude, if you settle for a car that you don't ultimately love, you are going to regret it within a couple months, maybe more or less. I was prepared to drive 3000 miles for the car "I wanted" not what somebody else thinks. Keep this in mind. It's YOUR car, screw what everybody else thinks :}

2011 Yellow Blaze GT Premium / Boss Intake Manifold/ BBK 85MM Throttle Body / 3.73 gears / BBK ceramic coated Long Tube headers / Catted X pipe / Roush Axle Backs / JLT CAI
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014
GT Member

To me, part of the whole idea of buying a new car is to get what you want, within your budget. If you don't want black, and are unsure of the red interior, keep looking. As stated, especially once the new wears off, you will have regrets.

2013 GT 6 spd, GT500 mufflers, BOSS quad exhaust, Roush CAI, Barton shifter & 2 post bracket
CS GT-40 Wheels, Hotchkis sway bars, upper and lower control arms, springs (1.1/1.6 drop) and adj panhard bar KONI yellow struts and shocks J&M caster/camber plates,
BMR Upper control arm mount and lower control arm brackets.

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-20-2014
Apprentice

I found a similar car that was loaded and at an awesome price. As much as I loved the options, I knew I could never dig the color so passed. Probably the best decision I've made in a while lol.

2014 Grabber Blue Mustang GT Premium with nav, RR and comfy packages, 3.73 limited slip axle and optional 19" machined aluminum wheels

Mods: Boss 302 exhaust with QTP electric cutouts, Borla S-type axle backs, BBK Black Out CAI, aluminum Ford Racing coil covers, Steeda short shifter & bracket, Ford Racing Handling Kit, SHR window louvers
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-20-2014
PONY Member

As said, don't buy because someone else likes it, buy it because you like it.

2014 GHIG GT Premium - Track Pack, Comfort Pack, Rear Camera, GT500 mufflers, Boss 302 Grille with stock fogs.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-20-2014
PONY Member

OP what color are you looking for? There still should be some inventory out there and your dealer should be able to swap with another.

For example there are 4 mustangs on the lot at the dealer near me. One black GT and one in sterling grey, and two v6's ruby red and black.

2011 V6 Mustang - Premium 202A Spec (Pony Package) - SOLD!

2014 V8 Mustang - Premium 400A Spec
6 Speed Manual, 3.31 Rear
Black, Charcoal Black
Comfort Package, Security System
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-20-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neighsayer11 View Post
OP what color are you looking for? There still should be some inventory out there and your dealer should be able to swap with another.

For example there are 4 mustangs on the lot at the dealer near me. One black GT and one in sterling grey, and two v6's ruby red and black.

Looking for the gray GT. What's the dealers name?
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushz View Post
Looking for the gray GT. What's the dealers name?
Keyser Miller Ford in Collegeville PA. Just ask your local dealer if they can swap a car with them if you are interested, I had my 2011 come from a dealer in Ohio to the local dealer here.

You can also setup a deal with these folks and fly out to pick up the car and drive home too. Their online sales manager is an honest person and she can get you a good deal.

Here is the link to the Sterling Grey GT they have:
New 2014 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium

Black, Charcoal Black

Last edited by Neighsayer11; 06-20-2014 at 10:49 AM. Reason: additional info
PONY Member

Like everyone has said, dont do it even if your barely second guessing yourself. Interior color is a big deal. Something that you are going to have to live with as long as you own your car. I personally do not like red interior on anything, even a red car. But thats just my opinion.

Greg
2011 Race Red GT

Just an old married guy (with kids) and two expensive hobbies...
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleg View Post
Like everyone has said, dont do it even if your barely second guessing yourself. Interior color is a big deal. Something that you are going to have to live with as long as you own your car. I personally do not like red interior on anything, even a red car. But thats just my opinion.
The only car I've ever seen with a red interior that looked good was the Mach 5 from speed racer. All the others are hit or miss. Either you love it or hate it.

Black, Charcoal Black
Apprentice

When I got mine, they only had the 1 GT on the lot, but I fell in love with it when I saw it. Color to me isn't the be all end all, but it does play a big part. Personally I'd love the red interior, but my last 2 cars have been black, so I really didn't want another black car. For me, price was a bigger deciding factor than color. But do you like it? You can get them to do a trade, or find a dealer that has the color you want to go to them (if its not too far). You're gonna be the one driving it for the next few years, so you gotta go with your gut.

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
SOLD -- 2014 Base GT 6 Speed Manual
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page