First Mods for the GT - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-20-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

First Mods for the GT

Well, after keeping my promise to the boss (wife) to not mod the car for a year, I've just ordered some GT500 axle backs and a Steeda shifter base bushing from American Muscle.

They should be here sometime next week. I had previously replaced the shifter boot and knob with an AM black shift knob, but I really don't consider that a significant mod to list.

On a side note, my sync module took a poop, I've got no USB or Bluetooth connectivity. I've tried pulling the fuse and negative battery cable to see if it resets but no dice. Scheduled an appointment with my dealer for the 30th to see what they say.

2011 V6 Mustang - Premium 202A Spec (Pony Package) - SOLD!

2014 V8 Mustang - Premium 400A Spec
6 Speed Manual, 3.31 Rear
Black, Charcoal Black
Comfort Package, Security System
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-20-2014
PONY Member

Garage
First Mods for the GT

That sucks hearing about your sync going out. Happened in my wife's edge but never heard about the system in the mustangs taking a crap. We got a letter in the mail from ford while her car was in the shop getting fixed that extended the warranty on the sync system for her edge but I know the mustang uses a different system. I actually like the system in the mustang better than the my ford touch sync in the edge.

Congrats on the new parts. It's all downhill from here. Haha

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2016 Mustang GT 401a, 6A, Magnetic Metallic, Nav, Shaker Pro, 20" SVE Series 3's, Steeda CAI, Corsa Sports, BMR SP080 Springs, BMR Caster/Camber Plates, JLT Catch Can, Redline Hood Struts.....

2014 Mustang GT 400a, 6M, Recaros, 3.73's, 19" Drifts, electronics/nav., Kooks A/B's, AED Tune /Steeda CAI/BBQ Igniter Tick... SOLD
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-20-2014
Apprentice

Since I have a base, I don't deal with sync. Glad about that. The GT500 axlabacks are a great option. I LOVE mine. Sounds so great. Been on 6 months, still impressive every time I start and drive it. You won't be disappointed.

2011 Mustang GT 5.0, Kona Blue, Auto, Quarter Louvers, Black Bullitt Wheels. GT500 Axleback Exhaust.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-21-2014
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Sounds like a good start! How bout an X-pipe and a tune for the next mods? They make big improvement in power!

Like us at Facebook.com/TeamUPR
Follow us on Instagram @uprproducts
Ask me about the discount on UPR Products for AFM members!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-23-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharad View Post
Sounds like a good start! How bout an X-pipe and a tune for the next mods? They make big improvement in power!
Sounds like something I may want to do down the line, I think the next major mods will be upgrading the suspension and brakes.

Black, Charcoal Black
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-23-2014
Rookie

You're a good man. I told my wife-to-be that I would wait about a year until I started modding. I lasted two weeks and 200 miles until I bought the GT500 AB. I enjoy them. Might also consider a strut tower brace...I've heard they tighten up the front end and they don't cost a lot of $$.

2014 Ingot Silver GT 5.0 w/M6
GT500 Axlebacks
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-23-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF dude View Post
You're a good man. I told my wife-to-be that I would wait about a year until I started modding. I lasted two weeks and 200 miles until I bought the GT500 AB. I enjoy them. Might also consider a strut tower brace...I've heard they tighten up the front end and they don't cost a lot of $$.
I would definitely get the strut tower brace, when I had the V6 it did not come with one and it really tightened up the front end when I installed it.

The question is are you going to get the boss intake manifold or keep the stock one? There might be some stock Strut tower braces in the classifieds here if you are going to keep the stock manifold, if you are going to upgrade to the boss intake then you'll have to get the brace that fits over the manifold.

Black, Charcoal Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page