Hood Stripe Idea - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-21-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Hood Stripe Idea

Hey guys. I've had my '14 6MT 5.0 in SGM for 15 months. I've been debating stripes since before I even got it, I've found, what I think, is a great looking stripe. I'd get it in Gloss Black most likely, though I have considered Matte Black or also a shadow effect with a slightly lighter grey. Iinstead of "281" it would read either "302" or "Five O". Any opinions on it? I know it's my car, and I need to do what I like, but I also value other members opinions. As an FYI, I prefer the car to not be gaudy, hence grey with black.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled.png
Views:	233
Size:	980.5 KB
ID:	357793  

2014 5.0 Base 6MT Sterling Grey w/ 3.73's - OptiGuarded, FRPP TrackCal Tune, Boss 302 Quad Exhaust with Ford Racing GT500 Axlebacks, Barton 6-Speed White Ball Shift Knob, MMD Classic Quarter Window Louvers, MMD Decklid Panel, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Boss 302 Grille w/ Foglights, MGP Caliper Covers, Craven Speed Stubby Antenna, JLT Oil Separator, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Roush RTR Rocker Panel Splitters, Tri-bar Wheel Caps, Front Splash Guards, & WeatherTech Laser Cut Floor Liners.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-21-2014
Apprentice

I actually really like it. It's just different enough to be interesting without being ugly. I think you should go for it, if you like it.

post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-21-2014
PONY Member

Looks really nice. Who sells it?

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-21-2014
GT Member

I would go with the 5.0 in the stripe, and have the stripe wrap past the hood line, down the grille and bumper. With it ending at the hood line I think it looks incomplete, just my opinion though.

2013 GT 6 spd, GT500 mufflers, BOSS quad exhaust, Roush CAI, Barton shifter & 2 post bracket
CS GT-40 Wheels, Hotchkis sway bars, upper and lower control arms, springs (1.1/1.6 drop) and adj panhard bar KONI yellow struts and shocks J&M caster/camber plates,
BMR Upper control arm mount and lower control arm brackets.

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-21-2014
PONY Member

I'd go matte black

2011 Race Red 5.0 -6MT 3:73's--Roush RS3 clone. Aluminatored!
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-21-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Rogan01 - It's sold by motorink.com

laughingdragon - would you go with "5.0" or "FIVE O"?. Another option is "302c.i."

RaceRed50 - what makes you lean towards matte black?

2014 5.0 Base 6MT Sterling Grey w/ 3.73's - OptiGuarded, FRPP TrackCal Tune, Boss 302 Quad Exhaust with Ford Racing GT500 Axlebacks, Barton 6-Speed White Ball Shift Knob, MMD Classic Quarter Window Louvers, MMD Decklid Panel, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Boss 302 Grille w/ Foglights, MGP Caliper Covers, Craven Speed Stubby Antenna, JLT Oil Separator, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Roush RTR Rocker Panel Splitters, Tri-bar Wheel Caps, Front Splash Guards, & WeatherTech Laser Cut Floor Liners.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-21-2014
PONY Member

Interesting, don't think I've seen that before. I like it.
I'm thinking matte black with 5.0 although gloss black would probably work also.

2014 GHIG GT Premium - Track Pack, Comfort Pack, Rear Camera, GT500 mufflers, Boss 302 Grille with stock fogs.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-21-2014
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I would go Gloss Black, but I am biased

I love the fact that they blend in when not looking directly at them where you will always be able to see the matte without the shine.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/Siberexpress/Sterling/Stripes/af58edf0-2e2e-4ffe-a201-405b00a627bc_zpseb5ae052.jpg
2013 Performance Package V6
2013 F150 6.2L Boss
Yes it is a Boss
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-21-2014
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceRed50 View Post
I'd go matte black
^This^. It looks good kinda wide too, not too skinny.

1993 Reef Blue Notch 5.0, flowmaster three chamber cat backs, K+N air, 3.73, cobra clutch, 158k and still kicking. 2014 Mustang GT prem., Black, Brembo, manual, 3.73 gear, fog-light tint, new GT floormats, led license plate bulbs, Jlt oil separator, K&N drop-in air filter, SickSpeed black shifter knob with red shift pattern, GT 500 axle backs, locking gas cap, painted MMD quarter window covers, Roush chin splitter, red Lethal Performance windshield banner, SHR black fuel door.
Apprentice

you'll thank yourself for going matte black after you realize the sun glare off the hood is gone. Know I did.

2013 3.7, GHIG, Recaros (cloth), Perf package, 102a w/sync,rear sensing, alarm system.
Barton short shifter & mount, drake boot adapter, custom knob, JLT painted cai, Steeda UCA, Freedomracing adjustable panhard, smoked front side markers, front plate mount removed, 35% tint, tinted tail centers & 3rd brake, c/s spoiler, cpc color matched hood struts,.
2nd place @ SMR, Top 25 @ FFW STL
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-22-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Any thoughts on what white or silver would look like?

Apprentice

Matte black with 5.0

2011 Mustang V6 Premium // Performance White // 3.31 // Security Pkg // Comfort Pkg // HID // K&N Intake
SHELBY GT 350 Member

A vote for having 302 in the main stripe with no side stripe a larger type size would look better I do like the width of the combined stripe but don't like the seperate stripes (see loco's). Also extend it the 2" to the grill......super cool if the 2" part tapers to match the top of grill. With this width I would not do roof/trunk but consider it a hood black out

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
PONY Member

Matte black, get a full super snake stripe (bumper to bumper instead of only on the hood), and you could still get the 302 in the 1" stripes.
PONY Member

I would go matte black without any wording at all, but thats just me.

Greg
2011 Race Red GT

Just an old married guy (with kids) and two expensive hobbies...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page