2012 mustang e85 conversion - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-21-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

2012 mustang e85 conversion

Tuner is telling me to drain fuel line before using e85. What is the reason for this? Is it ok to just idle car till car dies of no gas and then fill up on e85. I am a noob at mechanic work and don't want to pay someone to drain fuel line for me.

JLT cai, Ken Bjonnes Corn dyno tune, MGW shifter, Bobs LCA, Amsoil 10w30, Amosoil MTG, Michelin SS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-22-2014
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Pretty sure the tune will not be very nice to the motor running the E10, he is worried about start up on the gasoline over the alcohol. Bring 5 gallons of E85 home and let it run out in the driveway.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/Siberexpress/Sterling/Stripes/af58edf0-2e2e-4ffe-a201-405b00a627bc_zpseb5ae052.jpg
2013 Performance Package V6
2013 F150 6.2L Boss
Yes it is a Boss
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-23-2014
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by konastang21 View Post
Tuner is telling me to drain fuel line before using e85. What is the reason for this? Is it ok to just idle car till car dies of no gas and then fill up on e85. I am a noob at mechanic work and don't want to pay someone to drain fuel line for me.
I'd check with your tuner, the one I am using gives you a tune to run the fuel pump and drain the remaining fuel out of your tank into a container. No need to pay someone to do it, obviously I wouldn't do that with a 1/2 tank of fuel.

2014 Mustang GT Base 6M
Brembo Package
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page