SCT X4 - Datalog Issues - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

SCT X4 - Datalog Issues

I don't know if this belongs in tech, talk, general tech - Mods please excuse the ignorance if this is the wrong forum.

I have an SCT X4 tuner ('Bama) and have been trying for days to clear the datalog info from the unit itself but every time I try and clear the data through the livelink software I get a communications mismatch error. I know the unit is recognized (I've been able to extract the data and load config files sent from my tuner) but I can't clear the data itself. Every time I run a data log it just adds to the file. So now I have one big 3 minute data file...

Has anyone else had this issue?

2014 Hertz/Penske Mustang GT
2011 VW GTI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldier0829 View Post
I don't know if this belongs in tech, talk, general tech - Mods please excuse the ignorance if this is the wrong forum.

I have an SCT X4 tuner ('Bama) and have been trying for days to clear the datalog info from the unit itself but every time I try and clear the data through the livelink software I get a communications mismatch error. I know the unit is recognized (I've been able to extract the data and load config files sent from my tuner) but I can't clear the data itself. Every time I run a data log it just adds to the file. So now I have one big 3 minute data file...

Has anyone else had this issue?
OP

Sorry to hear about the trouble here. It's sounding like this could be a hardware issue or potentially with your PC and I would recommend shooting SCT a call on this!

Let me know if you're to have any questions and we're here to help!

-Alex

Alex Lazarus | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 1-866-363-4591 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

I have an email out to SCT as well. I will update this thread with the response if and when I hear anything.

Not a computer issue - have tried on 3 machines already.

Hardware is possible I suppose. Can I shoot you an email with my order specifics?

Thanks

2014 Hertz/Penske Mustang GT
2011 VW GTI

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldier0829 View Post
I have an email out to SCT as well. I will update this thread with the response if and when I hear anything.

Not a computer issue - have tried on 3 machines already.

Hardware is possible I suppose. Can I shoot you an email with my order specifics?

Thanks
Absolutely! Shoot me a PM with the order number and I'm more than happy to have them take a look for us here.

-Alex

Free Same-Day Shipping!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014
Site Sponsor

OP-

Just to follow up with my PM I wanted to throw this up here so everyone knows as well! It's sounding like this is a hardware issue and we would recommend shooting SCT a call if possible to see if they're able to troubleshoot this is possible. Sorry I wasn't much help on this, but don't hesitate to let me know if there's anything I can help out with!

-Alex

Free Same-Day Shipping!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page