Considering a 2014 or 2015 Mustang GT - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

Not that this will plush a Mustang out to the level of the luxury sedans you'd been looking at, but if you end up deciding on a '14, one of the extras that came with mine was the 401A interior upgrade package, which I have found I really like.

Over and above the Premium trim, it adds different leather with contrasting racing stripe on the seats, door panel inserts similar to the GT/CS, darker metal/machined pattern dash paneling, and an aluminum shifter ball. It's no Bentley but the subtle extra touches definitely add something to the overall experience.

Black 2013 Mustang 5.0 MT82 w/401A package and 3.31s

Black 2000 Mustang GT (owned 2001-2013, sold at 177,000 miles)

Brown 1971 Triumph TR6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstFord94 View Post
This is the part that got my attention. If you are looking at luxury cars and previously owned a luxury car, a '14 mustang will be VERY different. I don't care what anyone on here says, the '14 mustang is a very crude driving implement compared with anything that could even remotely be considered luxury. You don't think about this when you're looking at words or numbers, but when you're driving it every day, you start to realize that the great price you got your '14 for was not worth what you have to give up.

I also completely disagree about your statement about the C7. It is a completely different animal than an s197 (current mustang chassis). It offers better stock performance and will also be more luxurious than a s197 mustang. It won't ride like your lexus of course. but it will ride much better than the mustang. Given the choice, 10 times out of 10 I would take the C7 over my '12 mustang GT.

If you are looking at luxury cars and a C7, you likely aren't scraping together to buy a new mustang. Frankly, if you just HAVE to own a mustang, wait for the '15 car because the suspension should be a bit more comfortable than the current car and it should still offer excellent performance. I didn't already have a '12 mustang, there's no doubt that I'd wait for a '15+ Mustang despite vastly preferring the styling of my '12 mustang.

The issue becomes the amount of time you're willing to wait. You could order a '15 mustang right now, but you will have a wait a while for it. And what if you don't like it when it arrives? If you have like 6 months to wait, then the '15 mustang is probably worth waiting for. If you need a car in the next month or two, you're better off with another car, IMO.
I'm going to have to disagree here. While no one is saying that the Mustang is the most comfortable ride ever...it's certainly not as bad as you're making it out to be. I have owned an Infiniti G37, and have buddies with a few other "luxury" brands (Audi A4, 3series BMW) , and they squeak, rattle, and you can feel every bump in those cars just as bad, if not worse, than the Mustang. I've even had my friend with his A4 compliment me for the ride quality in my 5.0 vs his car.

On the flip side, some cars (like the Challenger) feel like it's riding on rails, compared to the Mustang. But for a car riding on 19th century technology, I say the ride is pretty nice for the stock Mustang.

2012 Mustang GT Premium
BLACK on BLACK 401A. A6, HIDs, Security, Rear Camera+Reverse Sensing, Remote Start, Comfort.
-Roush Axle-backs
(Planning on CAI/Tune then I'll be good)
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-27-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks for all the input, guys. I'm reading and processing everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite_Deforce View Post
The new ISes have been sweeping up the comparos. Something to consider if you loved your XE20 so much.
Quote:
This is the part that got my attention. If you are looking at luxury cars and previously owned a luxury car, a '14 mustang will be VERY different. I don't care what anyone on here says, the '14 mustang is a very crude driving implement compared with anything that could even remotely be considered luxury. You don't think about this when you're looking at words or numbers, but when you're driving it every day, you start to realize that the great price you got your '14 for was not worth what you have to give up.

I also completely disagree about your statement about the C7. It is a completely different animal than an s197 (current mustang chassis). It offers better stock performance and will also be more luxurious than a s197 mustang. It won't ride like your lexus of course. but it will ride much better than the mustang. Given the choice, 10 times out of 10 I would take the C7 over my '12 mustang GT.

If you are looking at luxury cars and a C7, you likely aren't scraping together to buy a new mustang. Frankly, if you just HAVE to own a mustang, wait for the '15 car because the suspension should be a bit more comfortable than the current car and it should still offer excellent performance. I didn't already have a '12 mustang, there's no doubt that I'd wait for a '15+ Mustang despite vastly preferring the styling of my '12 mustang.

The issue becomes the amount of time you're willing to wait. You could order a '15 mustang right now, but you will have a wait a while for it. And what if you don't like it when it arrives? If you have like 6 months to wait, then the '15 mustang is probably worth waiting for. If you need a car in the next month or two, you're better off with another car, IMO.
Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I feel like I would be happier with another luxury performance sedan of some kind... been thinking about the S4 now if I decide I can't go without buying a car until the ATS-V hits.

I love a lot about the new IS. The styling is *really* growing on me, and I hear great things, but it's still just too similar to the car I drove for the last eight years, and I feel like I should get something new. That, plus, I kind of want to get a standard transmission this time around.

Still, I do like the Mustang, and I think I could get a great price on a 2014... Bah, why did that ******* have to take out my car and make me make this impossible decision.

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketGuy3 View Post

That, plus, I kind of want to get a standard transmission this time around.

Still, I do like the Mustang, and I think I could get a great price on a 2014... Bah, why did that ******* have to take out my car and make me make this impossible decision.
Although I fully stand by my opinion of the mustang, you really need to drive one for yourself. You may feel that the car is perfectly acceptable as is--but if you do drive one, just pay attention to the ride.

Adding fuel to the fire, IIRC, there is also a Lexus RC coupe to consider as well. But yeah, you have some deciding to do. It might be worth waiting until some of the new cars hit the lots so you can take them for a drive before you make a decision. But I can definitely appreciate your interest in getting a car with a manual.
GT Member

Quote:
Truer words have never been spoken. When I first got my '12, I thought it was rather luxurious, but I later realised that it was only due to my expectations of the car.

-2012 Grabber Blue GT 6M Premium w/ Brembos, Glass Roof, HID security pkg, Rear Camera, 401a, FRPP GT500 Axle-backs, Front Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, JHR bracket, Bondra clutch extension.
-1986 Mazda RX-7 GX - Fast Mirage 16" Wheels, Sumo Firenza 205/60R Tires, slotted brakes + performance pads. Otherwise factory stock.
-2008 Mazda Mazda3 GT Sport - Stock, 5MT.
-2004 Volvo XC90 T5 - Comfort pkg, safety pkg.
-1995 Infiniti G20 - Sold, Pioneer head unit, lighting mods, miss it dearly.
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketGuy3 View Post

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I feel like I would be happier with another luxury performance sedan of some kind... been thinking about the S4 now if I decide I can't go without buying a car until the ATS-V hits.

I love a lot about the new IS. The styling is *really* growing on me, and I hear great things, but it's still just too similar to the car I drove for the last eight years, and I feel like I should get something new. That, plus, I kind of want to get a standard transmission this time around.

I havent seen any news on transmission choices but id guess cadillac may not offer a manual on the ats v when it comes out. I just read the cts v will come in auto only citing not enough interest in manuals. If I was in your position looking at luxury performance cars with a stick id probably be looking at clean used cars since manuals are in so few new cars although as much as I like the german cars im afraid of their reliability.

Good luck with your choice and hope you post pics of what you buy even if you don't buy mustang
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte Stang View Post
Um, might want to read the latest info and doublecheck that.
The 2015 Mustang Gains Less Than A Hundred Pounds

Sorry, looks like it will only be gaining less than 100 pounds. Which is great.

I had just read an article not 4 weeks ago (possibly from the same source) that said it would be 200-300 lbs gain.

So....I stand corrected! the 15 still won't really be any faster than the 14' though. The 17' is what everyone is waiting for on that front.

2014 Mustang GT Premium/ Build Date: 05-17-2013/ 6-speed manual, 3.31's / Deep Impact Blue / 400A, Brembo Brake Package, Comfort Package, RR Sensing Sys/Security Package / Borla S-type Cat-back with X-pipe/ Modern Billet aluminum shift knob/ 20% tint
Apprentice

You can save a lot on the 14s now, but I've seen the 15s up close and they are sick. If my wife was still working I would be thinking of trading my 2011. Launch control, and wheel lock... The 2015 is just sick.

2011 Mustang GT Premium, Brembo Package, 3.73, Manual, Black, C&L Racer Intake w/ Bama Perf tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page