Im pissed - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

While I have a spare tire and jack with mine, my LOADED V6 convertible wasn't ordered by the dealer with a convertible boot cover. Standard on GT verts, $160 option on V6 models.

Price to buy the exact same boot through the Ford parts department? $400.

2014 Pony Package convertible l Deep Impact Blue on Black l auto (current)

2014 Ram Big Horn Crew Cab 4x4 l White on Grey l Chrome 20"s l Navigation l Hemi (current daily driver)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 67 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquidBillyPaul View Post
You should have free roadside assistance through Ford on a 2014.
I called them, but they would take me to garages that didn't have that tire in stock. I would have to wait a day of too. Kind of hard to do when you can't get a ride home. And the dealer I bought the car from was out of range

"To find yourself, you must first lose yourself"

-2014 Ford Mustang GT Premium- Black (Comfort Package, Reverse Sensing & Security Package, Brembo Package)
-1997 Lincoln Town Car (Executive Series)
-1989 Lincoln Towncar (Signature Series)
-1973 Volkswagen Bus (Weekender)
-2001 Kawasaki Vulcan (1500 Classic)
post #33 of 67 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

So Why the heck would these Bimbos offer the fix a flat stuff KNOWING that it would damage the TPMS. I really hope my TPMS is not damaged!!!!

So, for me. I can't have a doughnut spare for the brembo package at all????

-2014 Ford Mustang GT Premium- Black (Comfort Package, Reverse Sensing & Security Package, Brembo Package)

SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I picked up a new set of 4 Falken Azenis 255/40-ZR19 100y tires about a week ago, for $850. Tirerack doesn't carry them. So far they are proving themselves better than the 245/45 Pirelli PZeros that came new on a set of 11+ GT/CS take-offs. Perhaps consider the Falkens, even if only for a spare? Great 19" extreme performance summer tire for a pretty darn decent price.
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Overall tire height is 25.6" I think. Should fit in the spare tire well without a problem.
SHELBY GT 350 Member

alot of rims wont clear the brembos...and if you put a smaller OD tire on read you need to be somewhat concerned for your LSD...short rides shouldn't be an issue but.....

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
SHELBY GT 350 Member

read = rear

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by porschpow View Post
So Why the heck would these Bimbos offer the fix a flat stuff KNOWING that it would damage the TPMS. I really hope my TPMS is not damaged!!!!

So, for me. I can't have a doughnut spare for the brembo package at all????
It's a lose-lose situation. It's better to have a usable tire at least, it's only $80 I think to replace the TPMS?

-2012 Grabber Blue GT 6M Premium w/ Brembos, Glass Roof, HID security pkg, Rear Camera, 401a, FRPP GT500 Axle-backs, Front Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, JHR bracket, Bondra clutch extension.
-1986 Mazda RX-7 GX - Fast Mirage 16" Wheels, Sumo Firenza 205/60R Tires, slotted brakes + performance pads. Otherwise factory stock.
-2008 Mazda Mazda3 GT Sport - Stock, 5MT.
-2004 Volvo XC90 T5 - Comfort pkg, safety pkg.
-1995 Infiniti G20 - Sold, Pioneer head unit, lighting mods, miss it dearly.
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott9050 View Post
I have a spare and jack. Sometimes having a base model pays.
Only if the dealer ordered it with one. My base didn't come with a spare, just a compressor and a can of goo. That said I keep plugs in the trunk as well because I won't use tire sealant. As long as I don't have a blowout or a sidewall puncture I'm pretty much good to go.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

| 2012 | Base | Performance White | 3.7 | MT82 | 2.73 | FRPP Sport Axlebacks | BMR lcas on the way
PONY Member

I don't see how it's Pirelli's problem that the local tire places don't carry a particular type/size of tire in stock.

Like every business in the world that has to keep inventory on hand, tire shops only carry the size and type of tires that they sell frequently. PZero summer tires are not common in the real world and neither are wider, low profile tires. And frankly, 90% of people who buy tires want the cheapest option that will last the longest. The reality of owning any car with quality high performance tires is that you will always have to order replacements---be it a challenger SRT, camaro 1LE, mustang GT+track pack, Nissan GTR, 911, etc.

As far as the spare is concerned, I can sympathize as I thought it was also a bit of a cop out from Ford. They should have at least made a real spare an option for ALL mustangs, regardless of options. That way they can send magazines versions of mustangs that will crack off the fastest times and the rest of us can actually use these cars on a regular basis without worry about a sudden flat. One option to consider is using an 18in wheel at the basis for a spare. I have a '12 GT+BBK and run an 18in winter setup, so it is possible.

If you REALLY want to use the OEM Ford spare, I would think that you can still use one on a BBK equipped car, even if one of you fronts went flat. You would just need to move the rear tire on that side to the front and put the donut on the rear tire. Though you would have to make sure that you can lift both the front and rear of the car at the same time, so you might need to carry a jackstand or second jack.

For the record, I haven't tried any of these potential solutions.
post #41 of 67 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite_Deforce View Post
It's a lose-lose situation. It's better to have a usable tire at least, it's only $80 I think to replace the TPMS?
You're right, but Ford is def going to hear from me about this. Just plain stupidity..AND IM A FORD GUY!

That previos link someone put up is very good about a suitable spare! Thank you

SHELBY GT 350 Member

Did you not know you didn't have a spare?

post #43 of 67 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

No!

post #44 of 67 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

i had a brand new '08 and '11 subaru outback, they came with spares!!

PONY Member

My new 12,000 dollar Nissan Versa has a spare and jack. Of course, it doesn't have any thing else. Not even power windows/locks. Yes, in 2014 you can still buy a car with Roll Me Ups. My wife still laughs at me. She does like my Mustang however.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page