2015 GT Exhaust Help - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

2015 GT Exhaust Help

My new 2015 GT will be here in a few weeks and I really want to change the exhaust on it, I want to make it louder and just sound better overall. It is an automatic not the 6 speed (I know, why an automatic? I can't drive a manual) I still want it to sound like a Mustang though. Any ideas are appreciated. I don't know anything about cars. I have a 2012 GT and never made any changes to it and always regretted it. Thanks in advance!!! And if you're interested in a 2012 GT Lava Red interior and exterior, send me a message.

2012 GT 5.0 Lava Red Exterior, Lava Red Interior
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

there's a section for the 2015 mustang

since the car hasn't hit aftermarket locations yet, exhaust systems won't be made for a little while. best thing you can do is take your car to an exhaust shop and have them make you an exhaust. my suggestion would be a 3" cat-back system with no resonator and no muffler with 4 inch tip. I had an exhaust shop weld a set for my 14 gt and I love the sound. it also cost me the same price of an aftermarket axleback.

but if you want to wait, that's an option too

2014 Ruby Red GT A6 - 3" Magnaflow Quad tip Catback
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shad2009 View Post
there's a section for the 2015 mustang

since the car hasn't hit aftermarket locations yet, exhaust systems won't be made for a little while. best thing you can do is take your car to an exhaust shop and have them make you an exhaust. my suggestion would be a 3" cat-back system with no resonator and no muffler with 4 inch tip. I had an exhaust shop weld a set for my 14 gt and I love the sound. it also cost me the same price of an aftermarket axleback.

but if you want to wait, that's an option too
Thanks! I really didn't know where to start especially since it's a new model.

2012 GT 5.0 Lava Red Exterior, Lava Red Interior

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014
PONY Member

When is your delivery date?

If you really wanted a manual, why didnt you find a way to learn how to drive a manual?

2011 Mustang GT M6 3.31s

Matt HONEYCUTT Tune, Lethal Off-Road X, GT500 axlebacks, J&M LCAs, UPR UCA, Whiteline LCA relocation brackets, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Koni STR.T shocks/struts, GT500 strut mounts, SR Strut Tower Brace

Best 1/4 E/T (05/18/14 MIR - no tune, X-pipe, or UCA): 12.920 @ 109.40 mph (2.059 60ft)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page