Anybody have aftermarket alarms on their mustangs? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Anybody have aftermarket alarms on their mustangs?

Moving to NYC soon and thinking about getting an aftermarket alarm such as a Viper on my 2013 mustang. Thought about the remove start too.

Does the factory alarm make any sound if car gets broken into or hit? Doesn't seem like it

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellfire127 View Post
Moving to NYC soon and thinking about getting an aftermarket alarm such as a Viper on my 2013 mustang. Thought about the remove start too.

Does the factory alarm make any sound if car gets broken into or hit? Doesn't seem like it
My car has been hit in parking lots, and the alarm never went off. I have no idea what actually sets the alarm off.

In for answers.

2012 GT Premium, Brembo PP, MT82, 3.73s, Blk/Blk. Bama 93R, Koni Yellow Rear Shocks, Hawk Ceramic pads, Luxurious & Plush Floor Mats
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVa5.0 View Post
My car has been hit in parking lots, and the alarm never went off. I have no idea what actually sets the alarm off.

In for answers.
Lots of stock cars I know of never go off when hit. My gf's G37 does the same.

Really thinking about putting a Viper in the car for these moments. Lots of people just hit your car in parking lot and leave.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Lots of stock cars I know of never go off when hit. My gf's G37it does the same.

Really thinking about putting a Viper in the car for these moments. Lots of people just hit your car in parking lot and leave.
The system that comes standard is not an alarm. It's a Passive Anti Theft System. Your vehicle will not start unless you have the correct key. It only disables the vehicle.
The Anti Theft Alarm System is an option that has to be ordered. I thought the same thing until someone explained it to me. They are two different systems.

2014 GT/CS - MT82 - 3.73 - 19's
Charcoal Interior - Glass Roof - Comfort Pkg - Electronic Pkg - Shaker Pro - No Mods
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquidBillyPaul View Post
The system that comes standard is not an alarm. It's a passive anti theft system. Your vehicle will not start unless you have the correct key. It only disables the vehicle.
The Anti Theft Alarm System is an option. I thought the same thing until someone explained it to me. They are two different systems.
That's what I've been assuming. It would've been nice if stock included the alarm sound.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

No one pays attention to alarms in NYC. Just focus on the theft deterrent with a status light so a potential thief knows the car is protected and will move on to an easier target

2011 Mustang 3.7L V6 Premium ∙ MCA (203A)
Ingot Silver ∙ Charcoal Black ∙ Auto
HIDs ∙ Security ∙ Comfort Package ∙ Remote Start
Koni STR.T shocks/struts ∙ Roush DUB springs
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014
PONY Member

Mine has the security system installed by Ford. I don't think the alarm would go off if it was hit. I do know if the windows are down, and if the doors are locked, if you reach in the alarm does sound.

2010 Torch Red GT Premium. 5speed, 19", security package, HID's, comfort package, 3.73, American Thunder Flowmasters.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen77 View Post
Mine has the security system installed by Ford. I don't think the alarm would go off if it was hit. I do know if the windows are down, and if the doors are locked, if you reach In the alarm does sound.
Was it installed by Ford after taking delivery of your car or did it come with the alarm from the factory? I was thinking about buying the alarm from Ford and having the dealership install it. I would really like to have the IR motion sensor.

Charcoal Interior - Glass Roof - Comfort Pkg - Electronic Pkg - Shaker Pro - No Mods
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquidBillyPaul View Post
Was it installed by Ford after taking delivery of your car or did it come with the alarm from the factory? I was thinking about buying the alarm from Ford and having the dealership install it. I would really like to have the IR motion sensor.
It came with the alarm from the factory.

2010 Torch Red GT Premium. 5speed, 19", security package, HID's, comfort package, 3.73, American Thunder Flowmasters.
SHELBY GT 350 Member

OP, the factory alarm does have tilt/shock sensors. It like most alarms are a help but as you know do NOT stop pros. Having had the 1st new car I ever bought stolen 2 months after I bought it I put/buy alarms in all my vehicles. If you go with an aftermarket system it would be nice if it works with your OEM fobs like the factory system or you'll have another item on your key ring.

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Billy, I would ask your dealer about the i/r sensor but from a dealer it'll be expensive (still less than loosing your car) but if they say it'll work and is included get that in writing.

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
Billy, I would ask your dealer about the i/r sensor but from a dealer it'll be expensive (still less than loosing your car) but if they say it'll work and is included get that in writing.
Good advice. Was looking through my owners manual and the factory alarm does detect change in vehicle inclination. Sorry.. I read your post wrong. Thought you said didn't have. My bad!
But.... like you said, having all that installed by the dealership would be very expensive!

Apprentice

Smith & Wesson M&P 40 with 16 rounds

2013 GT Track Pack, Airaid CAI, BBK Throttle Body, Magnaflow Competition Catbacks, Eibach Pro Street S, Whiteline Watts Link, Trucarbon Spoiler, Ford Racing Short Shifter, Hotchkis Sub Frame and K Member Brace, Boss Brake Cooling Ducts, Stop Tech Slotted Rotors, Hawk Race Pads, Shelby Rear Strut Tower Brace, Steeda X Brace, Rear Seat Delete, Stillen Splitter, BAMA Tune.
2012 V6
2006 V6
Apprentice

I got an aftermarket 2 way alarm with LCD remote + remote starter installed on my manual mustang. Its the autopage unit on amazon- for the price its amazing. The expensive part is the installation plus the idatalink brain and extra set-up for a manual car.

I love my aftermarket remote, it has a dual stage shock sensor. Stage 1 gives you a warning sensor on your remote when someone moderately bumps your car, while stage 2 triggers the full out alarm when something is open (door, hood, trunk, wheels). I forgot to disable my alarm when I was swapping out my wheels and it went crazy. lol.

2011 V6 6MT, Kona Blue, Premium, heated Saddle leather, 3.31, HID
***Procharged***
Mods: AIRAID CAI, Bama, Magnaflow Street CB, BBK S. Headers, BBK Catted X-Pipe, BBK 73TB, Strut Tower Brace, SR Springs 1.5, Koni STR.T Shocks/Struts, Bumpsteer Kit, Panhard Bar, LCAs, PowerStop Brake Kit, Black MGP Caliper Covers, GT500 Rear Diffuser, Roush Side Splitters, Stillen Front Chin, 30% Tint, LEDs, Black Super Snake Stripes, Polk/Alpine, Audio Control LC7i, RF 10" Sub, 19" Staggered AMRs
Apprentice

Quote:

I had the Viper on one of my older cars. It was neat, 2 mile range it would tell me on the LCD screen what side had been touched\alert me and I could remote start it and do all these crazy little things with the remote like putting the windows down\blah blah.

Anyway, I know on my Shelby if say you put the windows down, and you lock the car, if you try to put your arm into the car the alarm will go off, so for sure if the car was broken into the alarm would go off.

Vipers are neat, it just sucked having to carry two keyfobs around and they are quite bulky if you get the LCD screen ones + batteries do not last that long (3-4 weeks)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page