Somebody come hang me cuz I murdered my car today - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Somebody come hang me cuz I murdered my car today

Sad day in my life today. Drove her into a flooded street. The street was flooded due to high rainfall and this area is known to get flooded. I thought I was on the other side of it going uphill but no. It was dark, street lights were out and I did not see it coming. 50kmph to 0 in 3 seconds when I hit the water.

She layed there floating for about an hour. Electrical is really messed (keys are out but lights flicket, reverse come on and off), speakers cracking, water in the engine, glove box, back seats, front seats ,everywhere. A nasty smell of burning wires or rubber. Bumper cracked, grill forced out and lost in the water, front plate also lost and some underbody damage. She's gone.

Just feel like I lead her into a trap and killed her.

2012 V6 Premium MCA | Performance Package | 6 Speed Manual | Black on Black | V6 Interior Upgrade | Comfort Package

Ordered: June 20, 2011 | VIN: July 21, 2011 | Sticker: Aug 2, 2011 | Build date: Aug 10, 2011 | ETA: Aug 20, 2011 | @ Dealer/Mine: Aug 23/24, 2011
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014
Apprentice
S197 Member

Sorry to hear about your car. I heard you guys had a lot of rain. At least you weren't hurt. It could always be worst.

2012/5.0 Candy Red Tint,Premium Convertible , Auto,Rapid Spec 401A,Electronics package,RR sensing,HID,Accessory package 6,Active Anti-Theft,Power code Remote,19" wheels,Cloth top, GT 500 axel backs,RTR rear difusser,Roush lower rocker panel splitters,RTR lower chin spoiler, stripe kit, real burl wood inlays,rear tail light frames,chrome billet stuff in the cab,3dcarbon "E" grill and electronic curb alert.

Check out our web page @ specialtyrepairs.ca
post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Oh hell no! How did you fair? Hope you're okay. From now on when I think I'm having a bad day, I'll read this Thread.
Hopefully your insurance will hook you up with a new ROXY.

2014 GT/CS - MT82 - 3.73 - 19's
Charcoal Interior - Glass Roof - Comfort Pkg - Electronic Pkg - Shaker Pro - No Mods

post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014
PONY Member

Sorry to hear but worse things have happened to others. In my case I was sitting at a red light and a drunk driver (.16 BAC) rear ended me and took off. I got hit so hard in the rear the front got bent and my right rear bumper was pushed into the back seat. They caught the ****** but my car was ruined and they were no longer available. **** happens, be glad you aren't hurt.
post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Why do so many around here have to turn everything into a pissing contest?

2014 GT/CS - MT82 - 3.73 - 19's
Charcoal Interior - Glass Roof - Comfort Pkg - Electronic Pkg - Shaker Pro - No Mods
post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014
SHELBY GT 350 Member

I'm asuming folks know what I mean when I say I hope it's totaled...after a bad crash or dunking I believe it's better to not get it back. Dang, thats gotta suck.....curiousity, really floating?

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014
Administrator
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Sorry to hear about that. The easiest way to get over it will be buying your next one. Best of luck.

Engine mods - all stock, trust me, wanna run??!!!
post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
I'm asuming folks know what I mean when I say I hope it's totaled...after a bad crash or dunking I believe it's better to not get it back. Dang, thats gotta suck.....curiousity, really floating?
Absolutely. There is no making a water damaged car right. If its in the water, its done.

OP, if for some ungodly reason the insurance company decides to 'repair' this fight them tooth and nail to get it totaled.

Sorry to hear about what happened to your car. But this could be a blessing in disguise - take your payout and pick up a 2014 GT at an unbeatable price.

2011 Mustang GT M6 3.31s

Matt HONEYCUTT Tune, Lethal Off-Road X, GT500 axlebacks, J&M LCAs, UPR UCA, Whiteline LCA relocation brackets, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Koni STR.T shocks/struts, GT500 strut mounts, SR Strut Tower Brace

Best 1/4 E/T (05/18/14 MIR - no tune, X-pipe, or UCA): 12.920 @ 109.40 mph (2.059 60ft)
post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
I think really floating. Car raked toward the front due to engine weight and back end slightly swaying in the water. Maybe it was just the back end floating, don't know.

My objective now is to get a fair deal with my insurance co. I have full coverage, including replacement cost. Not sure what that means but I'm supposed to be protected from depreciation. Let's see.

2012 V6 Premium MCA | Performance Package | 6 Speed Manual | Black on Black | V6 Interior Upgrade | Comfort Package

Ordered: June 20, 2011 | VIN: July 21, 2011 | Sticker: Aug 2, 2011 | Build date: Aug 10, 2011 | ETA: Aug 20, 2011 | @ Dealer/Mine: Aug 23/24, 2011
PONY Member

Wow my heart sunk for you like it was my own car. It makes me feel better that i only have to rebuild my motor because i popped 2 cylinders. On a bright note if your credit is good, the car should be totalled out by insurance and you can get a new one

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2011 5.0 6Spd Roush Stage 3 Supercharged
593WHP/570RWTQ
Eibach Lowering Kit/ BBK LCA and LCA Relocation Bracket/UPR Adjustable Panhard Bar/UPR Adjustable UCA/Barton Shifter Bracket / BBK LT headers & O/R X-pipe/Manley pistons and H beam rods/Driveshop Driveshaft
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquidBillyPaul View Post
Why do so many around here have to turn everything into a pissing contest?
Not a pissing contest just giving his 2 cents. He is right, at least he wasnt physically hurt, we have all seen mustangs wrapped around poles or flipped. OP could have hydroplanned on less water instead and crashed. This really sucks but when the driver walks away thats the most important part.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2011 5.0 6Spd Roush Stage 3 Supercharged
593WHP/570RWTQ
Eibach Lowering Kit/ BBK LCA and LCA Relocation Bracket/UPR Adjustable Panhard Bar/UPR Adjustable UCA/Barton Shifter Bracket / BBK LT headers & O/R X-pipe/Manley pistons and H beam rods/Driveshop Driveshaft
PONY Member

That's the worst, dude. That almost happened to me with my old v6 in college...drove it into a flooded road, thought it'd be fine, and the car completely shutoff. Luckily, the car was still fixable and was able to get it running again. But still, can't imagine going through what you went through.

Least you walked away safely.

2012 Mustang GT Premium
BLACK on BLACK 401A. A6, HIDs, Security, Rear Camera+Reverse Sensing, Remote Start, Comfort.
-Roush Axle-backs
(Planning on CAI/Tune then I'll be good)
PONY Member

That sucks buddy.

On the plus side, it's 2015 Mustang time for you!!!!!

2012 GT Premium, Brembo PP, MT82, 3.73s, Blk/Blk. Bama 93R, Koni Yellow Rear Shocks, Hawk Ceramic pads, Luxurious & Plush Floor Mats
PONY Member

Lesson learned and all that stuff, I'm sure. But really, this is a great opportunity to turn the car into some awesome track project. Gut it, put in a cage, throw in a '14 GT500 drivetrain, a decent coilover suspension (with supporting mods), and hit up both drag strips and road courses.

Buy a basic focus or something similar as you put the project car together.

At least, that's one silver lining to the situation!
post #15 of 48 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstFord94 View Post
Lesson learned and all that stuff, I'm sure. But really, this is a great opportunity to turn the car into some awesome track project. Gut it, put in a cage, throw in a '14 GT500 drivetrain, a decent coilover suspension (with supporting mods), and hit up both drag strips and road courses.

Buy a basic focus or something similar as you put the project car together.

At least, that's one silver lining to the situation!
Oh boy, would I love to do that. But, don't think it's gonna work. If the insurance Co, calls it a write-off, they'll take the car and sell at auction. I dunno. I would love to hold on to her.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page