Want To Actually Hear Your Exhaust Sound? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Want To Actually Hear Your Exhaust Sound?

Flip your rear seats down.

I had to take some old tires for disposal, so I had folded the rear seats down. I was shocked and surprised by the sound I got from my stock exhaust system.

LOOL!!!

2012 GT Premium, Brembo PP, MT82, 3.73s, Blk/Blk. Bama 93R, Koni Yellow Rear Shocks, Hawk Ceramic pads, Luxurious & Plush Floor Mats
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

ha ha, yes I have done this too!

This is by far the best bang-for-the-buck exhaust mod ever (since it is free)

Unfortunately you also hear a lot more rear-end and tire noise too, so it gets a little obnoxious after a while.

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014
GT Member
5.0L Member

I noticed that when I took my GT500 spoiler to get painted. More exhaust noise but many drivetrain noise.

2013 Mustang GT, Track Pack, Recaro Seats, MT82, GT500 Axle Back, Boss 302 Quad Exhaust, Transmission Bushing Insert, MGW Shifter, Steeda Shift Knob, GT500 Spoiler, MMD Hood Struts, CPC Battery Covers.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014
Apprentice

Yeah - I have Pypes muffler deletes which are pretty loud. I laid my rear seats down to haul a few things home that I had I picked up and the decibel levels increased considerably - finally put the seats back up as the noise level was just too much.

My Ford Garage:
1965 ERA 427 Cobra Street Roadster
2003 Lightning
2017 Shelby GT350
Retired: 2008 Mustang GT; 2012 Mustang GT
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014
PONY Member

You should try putting a convertible top down and driving through a tunnel... My car sounds incredible with the top down, under cruising you can barely hear it, but open it up and WOW!! Love the Roush A/B... the only exhaust Mod.

2011 Roush Stage 2 Convertible Race Red with painted gloss black stripes, Charcoal Interior-Roush # 11-0306
Bama Tuned, Roush Front and Rear Brake Kit, Roush Exhaust with Square tips, 20" wheels, Roush seating with Red stitching
Roush Billet Grille matching lower 3 piece, Matte Black side and top stripes, White Face Gauge cluster, Convertible Light Bar Purchased 27Dec2010
Dyno'd 401 HP/ 390 Ft lbs at the wheels
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-27-2014
MACH I Member
5.0L Member

I'll be putting Gibson mufflers on my vert this weekend. The next project just might be sound Dynomatting lining the trunk!

'95 Ranger 5.0 GT40X Tri-y GT40 Intake S-Trim Snow Stage 2 Lowered Baer Racing Brakes Viper Spec Tremec w/Hurst shifter Custom Interior Dakota Digital Dash Corbeau Toplines OZ Racing AM/FM/Mp3/CD/DVD/TV.

2014 GTIG 5.0 Vert Base. Sil Carb Fiber dash. Bama Race Tune. Gibson axle backs. STEEDA Springs KONI STR.T Adj. Panhard. Dynamatted. Audiocontrol LC8i Amps and Sub! Leather OEM seats. Custom Badging.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page