Weird water sound? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Weird water sound?

I have noticed on many occasions when I first start the car for the day, pull out of my driveway, and turn right, I hear what sounds like water flowing/moving around right in front of the driver's side. It sounds like it is either under the dash or at the rear of the engine compartment. Is this normal? Anyone else ever notice this?

2013 Mustang GT Premium (6 speed manual, 3.73 gears, GT500 axle-backs, no resonators), 1998 Pontiac Firebird Convertible, 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2007 Honda ST1300, 2001 Ninja 250
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

By the way, this is not after it has been raining. Completely dry car coming out of a garage.

2013 Mustang GT Premium (6 speed manual, 3.73 gears, GT500 axle-backs, no resonators), 1998 Pontiac Firebird Convertible, 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2007 Honda ST1300, 2001 Ninja 250
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014
Apprentice

Subscribed. My wife's car does this too. It's a 2013 auto v6

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014
Rookie

mine does this a lot I'm pretty sure its been doing it since day one. after it sits for a long time in the driveway, which is at a bit of a decline, the next morning i can hear all the liquids moving for the first couple of stops to acceleration. i don't even notice anymore because it happens so often; i just figured it was 'normal' for mustangs
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by amad View Post
I have noticed on many occasions when I first start the car for the day, pull out of my driveway, and turn right, I hear what sounds like water flowing/moving around right in front of the driver's side. It sounds like it is either under the dash or at the rear of the engine compartment. Is this normal? Anyone else ever notice this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phee View Post
Subscribed. My wife's car does this too. It's a 2013 auto v6
I recommend you guys bring themn in to your Ford Dealers and get them checked out. Then PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can escalate it to the customer service manager for your areas.

Deysha
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-28-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordService View Post
I recommend you guys bring themn in to your Ford Dealers and get them checked out. Then PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can escalate it to the customer service manager for your areas.

Deysha

Thanks, Deysha. So you think this is not a normal thing?

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-29-2014
Apprentice

Mine does that too when pulling out of my driveway. I've been wondering what the hell that was. Didn't think it would be worth taking to the dealer and having them tear half the car apart only to tell me it's normal.

Airaid CAI, Roush axle-backs, Roush high flow upper grill, Raxiom Smoked Projector HIDs
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-30-2014
FordService

Quote:
Thanks, Deysha. So you think this is not a normal thing?
Im not a tech or an engineer so Im not able to advise on the actual concern, amad. Your dealer is in the best position to look into it and advise on any next steps. I can get it escalated and help get it resolved for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrhance View Post
Mine does that too when pulling out of my driveway. I've been wondering what the hell that was. Didn't think it would be worth taking to the dealer and having them tear half the car apart only to tell me it's normal.
Bring yours in as well, johnrhance. Let me know what they say.

Deysha
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

I took it in today to have the water sound and a front suspension sound checked out by the dealer. They were able to verify both sounds. For the water sound, it was a clogged air conditioner evaporator drain that they flushed out.
The front suspension sound was the TSB 13-09-03 for some kind of bushing. They had to order the parts for that, but will do that under warranty, as well.

FordService

Quote:
I took it in today to have the water sound and a front suspension sound checked out by the dealer. They were able to verify both sounds. For the water sound, it was a clogged air conditioner evaporator drain that they flushed out.
The front suspension sound was the TSB 13-09-03 for some kind of bushing. They had to order the parts for that, but will do that under warranty, as well.

That's great! Thank you for the udpate, amad!

Deysha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page