Weird water sound? - Ford Mustang Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice
 
amad's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2014
Location: Knoxville
Posts: 224
 
Weird water sound?

I have noticed on many occasions when I first start the car for the day, pull out of my driveway, and turn right, I hear what sounds like water flowing/moving around right in front of the driver's side. It sounds like it is either under the dash or at the rear of the engine compartment. Is this normal? Anyone else ever notice this?


2013 Mustang GT Premium (6 speed manual, 3.73 gears, GT500 axle-backs, no resonators), 1998 Pontiac Firebird Convertible, 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2007 Honda ST1300, 2001 Ninja 250
amad is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice
 
amad's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2014
Location: Knoxville
Posts: 224
 
By the way, this is not after it has been raining. Completely dry car coming out of a garage.


2013 Mustang GT Premium (6 speed manual, 3.73 gears, GT500 axle-backs, no resonators), 1998 Pontiac Firebird Convertible, 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2007 Honda ST1300, 2001 Ninja 250
amad is offline  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014
Apprentice
 
Phee's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 87
 
Subscribed. My wife's car does this too. It's a 2013 auto v6
Phee is offline  
 
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014
Rookie
 
MuffinMan91's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2014
Location: Toronto
Posts: 47
 
mine does this a lot I'm pretty sure its been doing it since day one. after it sits for a long time in the driveway, which is at a bit of a decline, the next morning i can hear all the liquids moving for the first couple of stops to acceleration. i don't even notice anymore because it happens so often; i just figured it was 'normal' for mustangs
MuffinMan91 is offline  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014
FordService
Guest
 
FordService's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by amad View Post
I have noticed on many occasions when I first start the car for the day, pull out of my driveway, and turn right, I hear what sounds like water flowing/moving around right in front of the driver's side. It sounds like it is either under the dash or at the rear of the engine compartment. Is this normal? Anyone else ever notice this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phee View Post
Subscribed. My wife's car does this too. It's a 2013 auto v6
I recommend you guys bring themn in to your Ford Dealers and get them checked out. Then PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can escalate it to the customer service manager for your areas.

Deysha
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-28-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice
 
amad's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2014
Location: Knoxville
Posts: 224
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordService View Post
I recommend you guys bring themn in to your Ford Dealers and get them checked out. Then PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can escalate it to the customer service manager for your areas.

Deysha

Thanks, Deysha. So you think this is not a normal thing?

2013 Mustang GT Premium (6 speed manual, 3.73 gears, GT500 axle-backs, no resonators), 1998 Pontiac Firebird Convertible, 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2007 Honda ST1300, 2001 Ninja 250
amad is offline  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-29-2014
Apprentice
 
johnrhance's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 115
 
Mine does that too when pulling out of my driveway. I've been wondering what the hell that was. Didn't think it would be worth taking to the dealer and having them tear half the car apart only to tell me it's normal.

Airaid CAI, Roush axle-backs, Roush high flow upper grill, Raxiom Smoked Projector HIDs
johnrhance is offline  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-30-2014
FordService
Guest
 
FordService's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by amad View Post
Thanks, Deysha. So you think this is not a normal thing?
Im not a tech or an engineer so Im not able to advise on the actual concern, amad. Your dealer is in the best position to look into it and advise on any next steps. I can get it escalated and help get it resolved for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrhance View Post
Mine does that too when pulling out of my driveway. I've been wondering what the hell that was. Didn't think it would be worth taking to the dealer and having them tear half the car apart only to tell me it's normal.
Bring yours in as well, johnrhance. Let me know what they say.

Deysha
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice
 
amad's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2014
Location: Knoxville
Posts: 224
 
I took it in today to have the water sound and a front suspension sound checked out by the dealer. They were able to verify both sounds. For the water sound, it was a clogged air conditioner evaporator drain that they flushed out.
The front suspension sound was the TSB 13-09-03 for some kind of bushing. They had to order the parts for that, but will do that under warranty, as well.


2013 Mustang GT Premium (6 speed manual, 3.73 gears, GT500 axle-backs, no resonators), 1998 Pontiac Firebird Convertible, 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2007 Honda ST1300, 2001 Ninja 250
amad is offline  
FordService
Guest
 
FordService's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by amad View Post
I took it in today to have the water sound and a front suspension sound checked out by the dealer. They were able to verify both sounds. For the water sound, it was a clogged air conditioner evaporator drain that they flushed out.
The front suspension sound was the TSB 13-09-03 for some kind of bushing. They had to order the parts for that, but will do that under warranty, as well.

That's great! Thank you for the udpate, amad!

Deysha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1