LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Garage
[quote=MCA2011;6531305]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014MustangGT View Post
So...

I was cruising at about 80 mph the other night ... There also just happened to not be a single vehicle in front of me as far as I could see ... all the way to 160 mph and I let off the pedal and slightly braked back down to about 75 and the whole thing seemed like it only took about 10 seconds.

I know its not the smartest thing to do..

So let me be the party pooper / voice of sanity...

On what planet is 160mph at night safe on any road?

160mph = approx 1/2 a mile in what seemed like 10 seconds, but I'm guessing was more than 10seconds therefore more than 1/2 a mile travelled during your little thrill ride.

Did it occur to you there might be ANOTHER DUMBFVCK on the road IN FRONT OF YOU with no taillights?
The freeway had lights.
And I'm not disagreeing with you on this not being a good idea.

14' GT Premium, 400A, Oxford White, 6M, Track Package, Comfort Package.
MODS: FRPP 2.3L Whipple / FRPP GT500 Axle Back / FRPP Short throw shifter with bracket / FRPP Adjustable Handling Pack / American Racing Long Tube Headers (with H-Pipe) / BMR LCA with relocation brackets / BMR UCA with mount / DSS 1-piece Carbon Fiber Driveshaft / McLeod Flywheel & RST Twin Disc Clutch / Forgestar Piano Black CF5V 19x9, 19x10 / MT 305/35ZR19 ET Radial & MT 255/40ZR19 Street Comp Tires
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

I thought the new GT's were governed to a 155 mph top speed. I guess not. I haven't even hit triple digits yet in my car and I've had it almost a year. There really isn't any good place to do it around here.

Wayne

2014 GT, Sterling Gray, base model, Automatic
GT500 AB, GT500 OTA pipes
Ford STB
Bob's oil catch can
Ford aluminum finned diff. cover
Ford all weather floor mats
Ford trunk liner and cargo net
Ford locking gas filler plug and wheel locks
BOSS Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70monte View Post
I thought the new GT's were governed to a 155 mph top speed. I guess not. I haven't even hit triple digits yet in my car and I've had it almost a year. There really isn't any good place to do it around here.

Wayne
I think the actual number is 149 mph. Either way, it's easily disabled if you have it disabled in your tune or if you have your own tuning software.

GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

[quote=2014MustangGT;6531457]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCA2011 View Post

The freeway had lights.
And I'm not disagreeing with you on this not being a good idea.
Oh there were lights

Not a good idea? But cool enough to brag about it.

A 90mph romp is one thing. 90 over is criminal

2011 Mustang 3.7L V6 Premium ∙ MCA (203A)
Ingot Silver ∙ Charcoal Black ∙ Auto
HIDs ∙ Security ∙ Comfort Package ∙ Remote Start
Koni STR.T shocks/struts ∙ Roush DUB springs
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Garage
I removed mine. I believe it is set at 149 out of the factory.

MODS: FRPP 2.3L Whipple / FRPP GT500 Axle Back / FRPP Short throw shifter with bracket / FRPP Adjustable Handling Pack / American Racing Long Tube Headers (with H-Pipe) / BMR LCA with relocation brackets / BMR UCA with mount / DSS 1-piece Carbon Fiber Driveshaft / McLeod Flywheel & RST Twin Disc Clutch / Forgestar Piano Black CF5V 19x9, 19x10 / MT 305/35ZR19 ET Radial & MT 255/40ZR19 Street Comp Tires
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70monte View Post
I haven't even hit triple digits yet in my car and I've had it almost a year. There really isn't any good place to do it around here.

Wayne
You're kidding right?

My girlfriend's folks live in Lee's Summit, which I guess isnt too far north of you and we took a road trip out there last year. You'all have some of the widest, emptiest roads I've been on. Was tearing through there like an ape with its ass on fire.

When I bought my car, I got to 120 on the drive home.

Get up early this Sunday morning and find a nice empty straight road and drop the hammer for about 10 seconds, that'll pop your cherry and you wont have to admit to embarassing things like never having hit triple digits in a Coyote powered Mustang, for God's sake.

2011 Mustang GT M6 3.31s

Matt HONEYCUTT Tune, Lethal Off-Road X, GT500 axlebacks, J&M LCAs, UPR UCA, Whiteline LCA relocation brackets, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Koni STR.T shocks/struts, GT500 strut mounts, SR Strut Tower Brace

Best 1/4 E/T (05/18/14 MIR - no tune, X-pipe, or UCA): 12.920 @ 109.40 mph (2.059 60ft)
post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Garage
[quote=MCA2011;6531505]
Quote:

Oh there were lights

Not a good idea? But cool enough to brag about it.

A 90mph romp is one thing. But 90 over is criminal

I did recommend to everyone that wanted to try this, not to.

I'm having difficulty seeing where my post was boastful.

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatopotomus View Post
You're kidding right?

My girlfriend's folks live in Lee's Summit, which I guess isnt too far north of you and we took a road trip out there last year. You'all have some of the widest, emptiest roads I've been on. Was tearing through there like an ape with its ass on fire.

When I bought my car, I got to 120 on the drive home.

Get up early this Sunday morning and find a nice empty straight road and drop the hammer for about 10 seconds, that'll pop your cherry and you wont have to admit to embarassing things like never having hit triple digits in a Coyote powered Mustang, for God's sake.
Nope, not kidding at all. Just haven't found the right place to do it. I also work in Law Enforcement(not a cop) and we can face disciplinary action at work for breaking any type of law. A few years ago a guy got stopped for doing 120mph. He got a few free days off of work with no pay for that one.

Wayne

2014 GT, Sterling Gray, base model, Automatic
GT500 AB, GT500 OTA pipes
Ford STB
Bob's oil catch can
Ford aluminum finned diff. cover
Ford all weather floor mats
Ford trunk liner and cargo net
Ford locking gas filler plug and wheel locks
BOSS Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatopotomus View Post
You're kidding right?
I owned my car for 2 1/2 years before I hit triple digits on a road course. Why should that be embarrassing?
Apprentice

I hit 120 almost on a daily basis, quick pulls on empty roads in daylight, not bragging, stating a fact. Thats why I bought a mustang and modded it. Had it up to 100 at Watkins Glen, felt safer on public roads. No walls, guard rails, or other hard things to crash into , just farm fields.
SHELBY GT 350 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
OK guys, I just deleted a few posts for no other reason than the language in them....and that was before I noticed Kenv's announcement at the top of the main forum page. I don't feel like going back through the deleted posts to assess points, so I am not going to do that. But if I catch anyone else intentionally bypassing the swear filter then based on intent (and Ken's directive) points will be issued.

As for the bickering about should the OP have tested his car out a little bit on an empty road in the middle of nowhere with no opportunity for cross traffic to get in his way, cut it out. Officially, AFM does not condone the breaking of any traffic laws whilst one is enjoying his/her Mustang, but c'mon guys, enough is enough.

It's not like the guy was filming the latest installment of the Fast and Furious through crowded city streets or the Interstate during rush hour traffic.

Hers:2012 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Kona Blue Exterior/Charcoal Interior, 400A, HID/Security Pkg ,Comfort Pkg.
[COLOR="DimGray"][B]His: 2014 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Sterling Gray Exterior/Charcoal Interior,400A, Reverse Sensing/Security Pkg, Comfort Pkg SMR# 3635
BOSS Member

and after I added the turbo combined with the supercharger and gear change...my stang cruises easily at 160 mph all day.....though it did get a little squirly one day when the Michelin popped a slow leak at 177 mph....thankfully the inner liner did its job!!!!!

yeah, it all gets a little deep in here.......................

:hello:
Member: Never trust a person over 40 who drives a Chevy club
Flatheads ain't so bad!
Certified backyard mechanic I & II
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregRS3 View Post
Heres a video of me on the autobahn... every pull is in 5th gear. 3.73 rear end.

2012 Mustang 90 - 150MPH Top Speed Runs - YouTube

I hit the governor at 150... I have just installed a 1 piece aluminum d/s, added a d/s safety loop and Michelin pilot super sports on all for corners.

I fully intend to take the governor off and see where this thing will take me.
WOW that car is really impressive, that speedo needle goes up really fast...

2015 50 Anniversary Package GT
2014 Race Red Premium GT Convertible
2003 Silver GT
1981 Ford Mustang Fastback
1966 Mustang Coupe 289 4V
15 years ago 1984 Ford Mustang Hardtop
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregRS3 View Post
Heres a video of me on the autobahn... every pull is in 5th gear. 3.73 rear end.

2012 Mustang 90 - 150MPH Top Speed Runs - YouTube

I hit the governor at 150... I have just installed a 1 piece aluminum d/s, added a d/s safety loop and Michelin pilot super sports on all for corners.

I fully intend to take the governor off and see where this thing will take me.
Count me as jealous, wish I bad access to the autobahn or there was a freeway with similar speed limits around here. One day hopefully ill get a chance to drive it one day at WOT
Rookie

Quote:
So...
Well, I ran it...and ran it...and ran it. I threw it into 5th gear at about 7000 rpms (130 +/- mph) and this sob pulled HARD all the way to 160 mph and I let off the pedal and slightly braked back down to about 75 and the whole thing seemed like it only took about 10 seconds.
How are you getting to 130mph in 4th gear? Your sig says you have the track pack...did you swap the 3.73 gears for 3.31's? Even with your rear tires and a 7k shift, you're looking at 115 or 116 mph.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page