View Poll Results: What would you get?
Mustang and keep the F150 28 87.50%
Porsche cayenne turbo 4 12.50%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by symon_say View Post
A 08-09 cayenne is around $30-35k around here.

But I think I'll get the Mustang, a probably the cayenne or a explorer sport later.
That certainly is lower than the expected price range on kbb.com for a turbo version of a 09 Cayenne. I think that the price range that you indicated above is in the range indicated on kbb.com for the non-turbo version of the Cayenne with roughly 50,000 miles (so maybe the one that you saw advertised is a relative bargain). For reference, the link below should take you to the kbb.com page where you are able to select between the different Cayenne models, and specify the number of miles on the car:
Kelley Blue Book

I agree with scott9050, slorydn1, and Apollo1 that if you can afford a GT (or better yet a GT premium) while keeping the truck, that is probably the best course of action than the V6 that I suggested.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-29-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
I'm in Dominican Republic, kbb price have little to nothing to with a lot of vehicles here, you can find base, S and turbo for about the same price here.

A gt premium will cost me about $40k, and it's more that I want to pay for a vehicle right now.

For the Mustang I can spend around $23k in usa cause importing it will cost me about 10k more, that's way I can only get a v6 premium or a really good deal on base gt.

Bang for the bucks...
BOSS Member
S197 Member

I personally like the looks of a Mustang. Sure other expensive sports cars may offer added benefits, for a cost. Mustangs are on par with other production vehicles, as far as maintenance and repairs go.

But I'll tell you what. I was at a light the other night and a high dollar BMW pulled along side. He looked at me, and I looked at him. And the look on his condescending face said "my car, looked better than his."
A lot of car ownership, for enthusiasts, has to do with appearance.

And ever since the Mustang was introduced, it has always turned heads, and always will.

After all, its a Mustang. The one , and only.

2011 GT. Grabber Blue. Procharged. 3:73 manual.Billit LCA's. Corsa Extremes. GT 500 wheels. Racemaster DR's. T-56 Tremec. Dynotech DS . Centerforce DF. American Racing headers/high flow cats 560 rwhp.Donny Walsh tuned

2012 Pony Package. Race Red.3:31 automatic.BBK longtubes and catted X.FRPP Sport axlebacks. BBK throttle body. Dynotech DS. Brembo wheels and tires. Strut tower brace. Airraid CAI. Bama tuned.

Apprentice
5.0L Member

Garage
This is my choice.

2012 GT Prem. Black, 6MT82, Brembo Package, Rear Sensing Security Package, Appearance Package #5 ,3.73 LS Axle, GT500 Axle Backs, MGW Shifter, FRPP Tune.
SHELBY GT 350 Member

I like having a car and a truck (Taco) and for me one of each is great.

Also my .02 is to get a base V8 before a fancy V6

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Gee, I wonder if the poll would have the same results on allporsche.com?

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
PONY Member

I can appreciate the situation you are in. I think Porsche makes wonderful cars, except of course, for the price of entry. Please keep in mind that the Cayenne was co-developed with the VW Touareg, which itself is associated with reliability glitches, at least early on. So I would probably avoid any early Cayenne vehicle. Assuming that the Cayenne you're looking at is several years old, definitely get a pre-purchase inspection and make sure you investigate the weak spots of this vehicle if you do decide to go through with it. These vehicles have A LOT of sensors and electronic complexity.

Personally, if I was to get a Porsche, it would be one of their sports cars. The price of early 997 carreras is starting to come down to reasonable levels. I saw a 2005 (first model year) non-S carrera with like 30k miles for just under $40k. And of course, a mid-engined Cayman S is also a legit sports car (maybe more so than a 911!) and something else to consider.

In the end, I suppose it depends on how you are using the vehicles. If you need something dependable for daily driving duties, I would be hesitant to rely on a Cayenne, unless you have reason to believe that the example you are looking at shouldn't give you much trouble. If you can keep your f150 and get something fun, personally, I'd rather have a used cayman S/997 versus a mustang, but again, that's just personal preference. If the mustang is going to be a DD, I would be hesitant to get a 997/cayman S instead, however. Though I have heard good things about the reliability of modern porsche sports cars.
Apprentice

is everyone forgetting the main thing here? Those 2 cars serve a completely different crowd. is space, passenger capability a big deal? do you wanna sit high off the ground, or be very connected to the road? IMO, they're both great cars, but they are VERY different vehicles. Going from a truck, do yo uthink you can handle the lack of space and practicality of driving? it all depends on what you need. Think about your needs, I would have a hard time deciding just because i have a kid coming, and the cayenne would be a smarter choice, but giving up my 5.0 would be VERY VERY hard, but i already have it.

also, measure out your enthusiast level. do you, or are you, interested in any sort of motor sports? The mustang is going to be a better choice in that segment. if you're doing mostly commuter driving, possibly the Cayenne.

2012 GT Premium - some mods are on
Apprentice

get a used 2013 mustang v6 and keep your truck. I love my 6 and I got to have a mustang with great fuel economy and still a lot of power with bolt ons,

2011 V6 6MT, Kona Blue, Premium, heated Saddle leather, 3.31, HID
***Procharged***
Mods: AIRAID CAI, Bama, Magnaflow Street CB, BBK S. Headers, BBK Catted X-Pipe, BBK 73TB, Strut Tower Brace, SR Springs 1.5, Koni STR.T Shocks/Struts, Bumpsteer Kit, Panhard Bar, LCAs, PowerStop Brake Kit, Black MGP Caliper Covers, GT500 Rear Diffuser, Roush Side Splitters, Stillen Front Chin, 30% Tint, LEDs, Black Super Snake Stripes, Polk/Alpine, Audio Control LC7i, RF 10" Sub, 19" Staggered AMRs
PONY Member

I would go for a GT instead of the V6.

The Cayenne doesnŽt do it for me. If you said boxster, cayman or an older 911 instead of the Mustang IŽd say Porsche. But its your choice.

2015 50 Anniversary Package GT
2014 Race Red Premium GT Convertible
2003 Silver GT
1981 Ford Mustang Fastback
1966 Mustang Coupe 289 4V
15 years ago 1984 Ford Mustang Hardtop
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page