Porsche cayenne turbo 4 12.50%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
What would you get??

Hi

I have the opportunity to get a sport car or upgrade my current vehicle.

I have a 2005 F150 that i'm getting tired of, its giving me to much trouble, and i have had it for 4 years now, i never last that long with a vehicle before.

I was pretty set on getting a 2013 Mustang v6 premium or base GT depends on price i can find either, but doing some research i have found that i can get a 2008-2009 Porsche cayenne turbo if get rid of my truck.

So question is, wwhat would you do, keep the F150 for long trips ana offroad things and the Mustang for DD.

Or go straight to the Cayenne turbo for everything??

Bang for the bucks...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014
PONY Member

If you can afford the maintenance on the Porsche Cayenne then go for it, I'm a big fan of the Cayman and new Boxster, around here Cayenne's are soccer mom/trophy wive cars.

In DR though seems like everyone is driving around in a Lexus LX/GX or Infiniti FX35/37 QX50, so the Porsche or Mustang would be something different. Don't know how you will fair with the crappy roads in a Mustang though.

2011 V6 Mustang - Premium 202A Spec (Pony Package) - SOLD!

2014 V8 Mustang - Premium 400A Spec
6 Speed Manual, 3.31 Rear
Black, Charcoal Black
Comfort Package, Security System
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014
PONY Member

Garage
Drive them both then take repair and maintenance on the Porsche into consideration. If you really like it (how could you not) and can swing it, and can swallow the higher cost of ownership, go for it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2016 Mustang GT 401a, 6A, Magnetic Metallic, Nav, Shaker Pro, 20" SVE Series 3's, Steeda CAI, Corsa Sports, BMR SP080 Springs, BMR Caster/Camber Plates, JLT Catch Can, Redline Hood Struts.....

2014 Mustang GT 400a, 6M, Recaros, 3.73's, 19" Drifts, electronics/nav., Kooks A/B's, AED Tune /Steeda CAI/BBQ Igniter Tick... SOLD

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014
Rookie

I have a friend who has a cayenne, it's a good car, but it's got that small SUV look(not that good looking to me). I would go for a base gt instead of the v6 in my opinion. The extra power is just loads more fun.

2014 Mustang GT, Track Pack, Black.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014
PONY Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo1 View Post
I have a friend who has a cayenne, it's a good car, but it's got that small SUV look(not that good looking to me). I would go for a base gt instead of the v6 in my opinion. The extra power is just loads more fun.

I agree. I may be a little biased though.

2016 Mustang GT 401a, 6A, Magnetic Metallic, Nav, Shaker Pro, 20" SVE Series 3's, Steeda CAI, Corsa Sports, BMR SP080 Springs, BMR Caster/Camber Plates, JLT Catch Can, Redline Hood Struts.....

2014 Mustang GT 400a, 6M, Recaros, 3.73's, 19" Drifts, electronics/nav., Kooks A/B's, AED Tune /Steeda CAI/BBQ Igniter Tick... SOLD
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo1 View Post
That's one of the things a like about the cayenne, i don't like big vehicles except for the F150.

Maintenance is not a problem.

But i like the mustang a lot to, and right now i can't get both, maybe for next year i can get the other.

Bang for the bucks...
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014
PONY Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by symon_say View Post
That's one of the things a like about the cayenne, i don't like big vehicles except for the F150.

But i like the mustang a lot to, and right now i can't get both, maybe for next year i can get the other.

Go with what makes you happy.

post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014
Rookie

Quote:

Hey if maintenance is not an issue, and you like the looks of the cayenne, it sounds like that may be what you want. You could always hold off on the stang, and get a 2015 when the prices drop a bit.

2014 Mustang GT, Track Pack, Black.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-27-2014
Apprentice

Quote:

So question is, wwhat would you do, keep the F150 for long trips ana offroad things and the Mustang for DD.
That's what I did. Haven't regretted it for a minute.

2014 Mustang GT Premium Coupe - Ruby Red Metalic w/Silver Side/Hood Stripes, Scoops/Louvers/Pedestal Spoiler, Charcoal Black, 6M, 400A, Remote Sense/Security Pkg, Electronics Pkg, Comfort Pkg
GT Member

If you think an F150 causes you trouble, wait until you own a Cayenne Turbo. Voted first option, although I would get rid of the F150 and get something else cheap and reliable.

-2012 Grabber Blue GT 6M Premium w/ Brembos, Glass Roof, HID security pkg, Rear Camera, 401a, FRPP GT500 Axle-backs, Front Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers, JHR bracket, Bondra clutch extension.
-1986 Mazda RX-7 GX - Fast Mirage 16" Wheels, Sumo Firenza 205/60R Tires, slotted brakes + performance pads. Otherwise factory stock.
-2008 Mazda Mazda3 GT Sport - Stock, 5MT.
-2004 Volvo XC90 T5 - Comfort pkg, safety pkg.
-1995 Infiniti G20 - Sold, Pioneer head unit, lighting mods, miss it dearly.
Apprentice

I just went to kbb.com and requested a price quote for a certified pre-owned 2009 Porsche Cayenne for my area. With the default option list the price range is shown as $52,495 to $54,575.

With that price in mind, if you ever use your F-150 as a truck, I would suggest a third option. Buy yourself a 2013 or 2014 F-150 Lariat with a 5.0 and 3.73 rear end (these are a bit rare, and with the 2015s coming out soon you should be able to get a decent price). I upgraded from a 2004 5.4 4x4 with 3.73 rear end to the 2013, so I have a feeling that I know what you are experiencing with your current vehicle. That truck option will give you the rumble of a 5.0 Mustang GT, acceleration that is probably close to a 2011+ Mustang V6, the utility of your current truck, a very nice interior, and a single vehicle for which you have to buy insurance. I drive my 2013 F-150 Lariat 4x4 in the winter and on bad weather days - it is not real quick, but it is enough to put a stupid grin on my face when I drive it. The MPG rating of the F-150 looks to be close to that of the Porsche, and you can run 87 octane gas whenever you want.

Of the two options that you suggested, the first option with the Mustang V6 is the one that I would choose. I don't use my truck as a vehicle for hauling very often, but there are definitely times when it is helpful. Working in a manufacturing facility in the U.S., buying a U.S. produced vehicle is also an important advantage of the V6 Mustang, at least to me.
SHELBY GT 350 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
I'll let the picture do the talking

Hers:2012 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Kona Blue Exterior/Charcoal Interior, 400A, HID/Security Pkg ,Comfort Pkg.
[COLOR="DimGray"][B]His: 2014 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Sterling Gray Exterior/Charcoal Interior,400A, Reverse Sensing/Security Pkg, Comfort Pkg SMR# 3635
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-28-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComputerGuy View Post
I just went to kbb.com and requested a price quote for a certified pre-owned 2009 Porsche Cayenne for my area. With the default option list the price range is shown as $52,495 to $54,575.

With that price in mind, if you ever use your F-150 as a truck, I would suggest a third option. Buy yourself a 2013 or 2014 F-150 Lariat with a 5.0 and 3.73 rear end (these are a bit rare, and with the 2015s coming out soon you should be able to get a decent price). I upgraded from a 2004 5.4 4x4 with 3.73 rear end to the 2013, so I have a feeling that I know what you are experiencing with your current vehicle. That truck option will give you the rumble of a 5.0 Mustang GT, acceleration that is probably close to a 2011+ Mustang V6, the utility of your current truck, a very nice interior, and a single vehicle for which you have to buy insurance. I drive my 2013 F-150 Lariat 4x4 in the winter and on bad weather days - it is not real quick, but it is enough to put a stupid grin on my face when I drive it. The MPG rating of the F-150 looks to be close to that of the Porsche, and you can run 87 octane gas whenever you want.

Of the two options that you suggested, the first option with the Mustang V6 is the one that I would choose. I don't use my truck as a vehicle for hauling very often, but there are definitely times when it is helpful. Working in a manufacturing facility in the U.S., buying a U.S. produced vehicle is also an important advantage of the V6 Mustang, at least to me.
A 08-09 cayenne is around $30-35k around here.

But I think I'll get the Mustang, a probably the cayenne or a explorer sport later.

Bang for the bucks...
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I'll keep my Mustang any day over anything else. A Mustang isn't just a car...

2011 Ford Mustang V8 5.0 GT/CS Black Coupe MT - (Mods in my profile, too many to list here...)
"Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today": In Memory of a great guy: Pcfrisch.
PONY Member

If you can spend $30,000 then you can get a premium GT.

2014 Sterling gray GT 6M
Paxton Novi 2200 with torque booser and Lund tune, DW1000 injectors, JMS BAP, ATI damper
Lethal ORP, MGW shifter, BMR upper and lowers, Spicer 1 piece DS, Ram Single disk clutch with aluminum flywheel, Power leather seat conversion. Staggered wheels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page