Croftgate - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-29-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Croftgate

Anyone use Croftgate cleaning products? I have to say, its expensive but leaves the car looking like a show room car. And you use under a gallon of water with no hose. I was a skeptic until I used it. Just wondering if anyone else uses it?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-29-2014
PONY Member

Garage
I haven't used it but I belong to the red mustang registry and everyone there swears by the stuff.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2016 Mustang GT 401a, 6A, Magnetic Metallic, Nav, Shaker Pro, 20" SVE Series 3's, Steeda CAI, Corsa Sports, BMR SP080 Springs, BMR Caster/Camber Plates, JLT Catch Can, Redline Hood Struts.....

2014 Mustang GT 400a, 6M, Recaros, 3.73's, 19" Drifts, electronics/nav., Kooks A/B's, AED Tune /Steeda CAI/BBQ Igniter Tick... SOLD
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-30-2014
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2CylindersMore View Post
Anyone use Croftgate cleaning products? I have to say, its expensive but leaves the car looking like a show room car. And you use under a gallon of water with no hose. I was a skeptic until I used it. Just wondering if anyone else uses it?
I just received a huge bottle of Croftgate goodies and I'm getting ready to try them. I've seen the results on other people's cars, and it does look impressive. Guess we'll see! I'm actually pretty excited about the low water usage deal, because I'm on well water.

Like us at Facebook.com/TeamUPR
Follow us on Instagram @uprproducts
Ask me about the discount on UPR Products for AFM members!

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-30-2014
Apprentice

It would make me nervous to rub a cloth across a dirty car without some soap and water. I would be afraid of scratching the paint.

2013 Mustang GT Premium (6 speed manual, 3.73 gears, GT500 axle-backs, no resonators), 1998 Pontiac Firebird Convertible, 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2007 Honda ST1300, 2001 Ninja 250
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-30-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by amad View Post
It would make me nervous to rub a cloth across a dirty car without some soap and water. I would be afraid of scratching the paint.
You use a wet towel with the wash concentrate in it. The trick to this stuff is...the water is only about 3 inches deep in the bucket. You do a panel of the car, agitate the dirt off the towel, wring it out, repeat. I follow it up with this stuff called Quick n Slick and I swear the car is so shiny and slick you can't lay a coin on it.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-30-2014
Apprentice

Quote:
You use a wet towel with the wash concentrate in it. The trick to this stuff is...the water is only about 3 inches deep in the bucket. You do a panel of the car, agitate the dirt off the towel, wring it out, repeat. I follow it up with this stuff called Quick n Slick and I swear the car is so shiny and slick you can't lay a coin on it.

What about heavy mud/dirt/grit that is in that 3 inches of water that stays on the rag. Isn't that then scrubbed across the next panel?

2013 Mustang GT Premium (6 speed manual, 3.73 gears, GT500 axle-backs, no resonators), 1998 Pontiac Firebird Convertible, 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2007 Honda ST1300, 2001 Ninja 250
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-30-2014
Site Sponsor

Croftgate is one of the best cleaning supplies out there IMO. We use it to prep our cars for shoots, and it's one of the most environmentally friendly cleaners out there.

10/10 IMO

Nick C.

HID and LED Lighting For Your Mustang
Visit diodedynamics.com To See Products!
(314) 205-3033
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-30-2014
Apprentice

Would it work well if you used a hose to spray all of the "heavy" dirt off of the car first and then used the Croftgate?

What if you have mud caked on behind the wheels? I would think a good hose-down first would help. Has nobody on here ever had any scratching using it?

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-30-2014
BOSS Member

To be quite honest, they have a great marketing program......you can do the same with any car that only has dust on it......it's called a "dust cloth", used for decades even on the most sensitive paint (Lacquer)! For dirt, you can accomplish the exact same thing using the open butt of a garden hose on low, flowing water at a minimal rate just ahead of the wash towel...it will literally make it float above the paint. Or which I'm not a fan of Meg's products, they have a nice vid on how to wash your car...using minmal water...nothing new, just an old technique from the 40's that has a new marketing twist!

:hello:
Member: Never trust a person over 40 who drives a Chevy club
Flatheads ain't so bad!
Certified backyard mechanic I & II
Apprentice

Garage
Quote:
I've got several of their products after seeing them in action at the 50th celebration in Charlotte and the recommendation of several other club members.

I have only "washed" the car with the waterless wash one time, since mine is a daily driver and gets too dirty for my trust to cut through it. When the car was dirty but not caked on mud and dirt, it worked very well. It even took off some spots of light mud splashing (I just switched microfiber cloths after that).

The big draw for me though is the Quick & Slick. Holy crap does that stuff work well. The surface is super slick and shiny. It helps keep it cleaner and bugs come right off if you don't let them sit for days.

I like their stuff from what I've seen, but as far as the waterless wash goes, if the car is REALLY dirty, I still personally wouldn't use just that to clean it. If you only have normal levels of dust/dirt or you can hose off the worst of the dirt, then you should be good to use the waterless wash.

1973 Mach 1 - Medium Aqua, 351c, functional Ram Air
2013 V6 Premium - Deep Impact Blue, MCA, 3:31 gears.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Yeah, you have to use a bit of logic here. If you have 4 inches of mud on your car you need a hose. Croftgate is more of a detailers product in that it will bring your car back to life if its crummy looking. I use Mothers wash, then detailer spray, then spray wax for my every week thing and I have Croftgate hiding in the shadows for when I want the car to stand out at a show or what not.

No joke tho, the quick n slick is beyond amazing in my eyes. Its $40 for a 32oz bottle of it but you don't have to use much of it. The way I look at it is...a automatic wash is $10-$15, a spray touchless wash is $5-$10. That pretty much equals out to the expensive products in the long run if you wash your car every week like I do.
BOSS Member

Quote:
Its $40 for a 32oz bottle of it but you don't have to use much of it.
and eagle 1 has the exact same stuff for about $8 a bottle.......

:hello:
Member: Never trust a person over 40 who drives a Chevy club
Flatheads ain't so bad!
Certified backyard mechanic I & II
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechkid View Post

I hope you don't think 87 octane is the same as 93 lol

(Eagle 1 does make quality cleaning products though)

Nick C.

(314) 205-3033
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechkid View Post

Now you tell me....30 minutes AFTER I ordered a bottle of Quick-n-Slick from Croftgate.

Now I want to run down to Autozone and get some Eagle 1 and try it out.

Anyone on here have experience with both of these products for comparison?

Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by amad View Post
Now you tell me....30 minutes AFTER I ordered a bottle of Quick-n-Slick from Croftgate.

Now I want to run down to Autozone and get some Eagle 1 and try it out.

Anyone on here have experience with both of these products for comparison?
We sell Croftgate on our site (and prep our show car with it), and also have some Eagle products here for occasional use. Croftgate is a considerably better product, seems to be better for the paint also.

They aren't formulated the same either. That's a very baseless opinion IMO

Check out some YouTube videos if you get some spare time

Nick C.

(314) 205-3033
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page