Uhmm yeah, sure... the rear end noise went away - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Uhmm yeah, sure... the rear end noise went away

No really, the noises went away momentarily.

I had to drive in the rain recently, so I grabbed the garden hose and rinsed the heck out of the under carriage.

I go out for a ride and Presto, no whine from the rear end nor groaning from the front end. The next day when everything was dry, Presto, the noises are back.

Interesting that a thorough soaking of the bushings and everything made the Mustang, with all my suspension mods, silent for that moment.

I never would have figured that.

Is it the urethane bushings and whatnot responsible here?

2012 Shelby American Mustang GTS 580rwhp 485 ft/lbs Grabber Blue White Stripes
Ford Whipple, 5.0L, Tremec XL Magnum, MGW, Centerforce DYAD clutch, Boss 302 Torsen w/4:10s, 302R EPAS, Eibach Coil Overs, Fays 2 Watts Link, Dynotech DS, Shelby UCAs/LCAs, Wilwood brakes 6 piston 4 piston, Drake Bump Steer, heavy duty cooling, welded axle tubes, Interior Package, GT4 wheels, Borla Touring axlebacks, GT500 rear valence w/parking sensors, and airbag cover signed by Carroll Shelby.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014
GT Member

The front bushes are hydro filled elastomer rubber...You might try a shot or two of dry graphite on the contact points.

As for the back, wiping a little silicone brake grease on the contact points for the swaybar end links helps. Don't use a petro based grease on these.

You seem kind of unlucky here. My '12 has chewed through a set of end links in the back, which Ford replaced and otherwise, the suspension has been noise free so far.

2014 Premium GT, SGM, Brembo, Auto, Tech, Comfort, etc. GT500s, Steeda UCA, VMP auto tune, 100 shot on BBR tune, best et: 11.38 at 120.85

2012 GT, Candy Red, Brembo, 3.73, Tech, Comfort, etc. Procal tune, Roush upper, UMI LCAs, Steeda red bracket, GT500s, 28X10X16 Hoosier slicks, best et: 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

The good news is that the rear end unit is quieter than I thought. It's all the suspension parts bringing in the noise that would not otherwise be heard. That is what SA told me upon delivery, but that seemed a hard sell in my mind.
But maybe they were right.

I think I will follow what you posted and try properly lubing everything.
The water certainly worked.

It goes on the lift at the dealer come Monday to check the location for a groaning when turning the wheel.
That went away with the water too.

Ford Whipple, 5.0L, Tremec XL Magnum, MGW, Centerforce DYAD clutch, Boss 302 Torsen w/4:10s, 302R EPAS, Eibach Coil Overs, Fays 2 Watts Link, Dynotech DS, Shelby UCAs/LCAs, Wilwood brakes 6 piston 4 piston, Drake Bump Steer, heavy duty cooling, welded axle tubes, Interior Package, GT4 wheels, Borla Touring axlebacks, GT500 rear valence w/parking sensors, and airbag cover signed by Carroll Shelby.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Mr Blue, a real man would run some poylethelene tubing hooked up to a spray bottle and mount the bottle somewhere easy to get at.

outside the box

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

As low as my car is, maybe I should get one installed, right after the patent of course.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014
GT Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
Mr Blue, a real man would run some poylethelene tubing hooked up to a spray bottle and mount the bottle somewhere easy to get at.

outside the box

Is your real name Tim Taylor?? Haha.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2012 Kona Blue GT Premium 401A, Manual, 3.55, Steeda Pro-Action Shocks, Struts, Sport Springs, LCAs, Adjustable Swaybars, Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets and Adjustable UCA, Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Drive Shaft, Airaid CAI, MGW Shifter, GT500 Axle-Backs, 3M Clear Bra and Tint, Side Window Louvers, JLT Oil Separator, Staggered MMD Zeven Wheels and Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tires, Bama 93 Race Tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page