FR Recaros installed - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

FR Recaros installed

I installed the Ford Racing Recaros yesterday. Very high quality, and I love the look. I'm 6,2, 220, and I fit well. If I gain a bunch of weight, I can see them being uncomfortable.

It's so nice being able to corner without worrying about sliding/ leaning to the sides. Pricey, but if you have the funds, well worth it.

Also, I plan on taking it to a couple of places to have some more stuff installed. Anyone know of a cheap cover that will fit when I take it in? If they get any grease or oil on them I will cry.

'13 5.0 PW Premium / E-Force Supercharger w/ Brenspeed tune / FRPP Recaro's / GT500 quad exhaust / DSS Aluminum / Stop Tech 6P 15" / 13" rears / LP over axels / MGW / Moroso separator / 3:73's / Forgestar F14's 20x9/20x11 w/ Nitto Invo's 275/35's & 315/35's / Steeda Sport springs / Koni STR.T's / Steeda PHB / GT500 Spoiler / Roush upper and lower grills / Stillen front splitter / Boss steering wheel / Alcantara shift and brake boots / 10" matte black racing stripes / Rocker stripes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014
Rookie

Those look great. The first GT I test drove had them and I thought they were very comfortable. I've been looking at them, but I can't justify the cost right now. Maybe next year...

Let us know how you like them long term. They seem like they're not as difficult to get in and out of compared to other racing seats.

2014 Ingot Silver GT 5.0 w/M6
GT500 Axlebacks
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014
GT Member
5.0L Member

I love my recaros. Im 5'8" and 250 and I still find them comfortable. They look so much better than stock seats.

2013 Mustang GT, Track Pack, Recaro Seats, MT82, GT500 Axle Back, Boss 302 Quad Exhaust, Transmission Bushing Insert, MGW Shifter, Steeda Shift Knob, GT500 Spoiler, MMD Hood Struts, CPC Battery Covers.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF dude View Post
Let us know how you like them long term. They seem like they're not as difficult to get in and out of compared to other racing seats.
I'll let you know. Yeah, you just have to use a different approach getting in and out but it's not hard. I have a Boss alcantra steering wheel, alcantra shift boot, and brake boot coming. That should finish out the look.

'13 5.0 PW Premium / E-Force Supercharger w/ Brenspeed tune / FRPP Recaro's / GT500 quad exhaust / DSS Aluminum / Stop Tech 6P 15" / 13" rears / LP over axels / MGW / Moroso separator / 3:73's / Forgestar F14's 20x9/20x11 w/ Nitto Invo's 275/35's & 315/35's / Steeda Sport springs / Koni STR.T's / Steeda PHB / GT500 Spoiler / Roush upper and lower grills / Stillen front splitter / Boss steering wheel / Alcantara shift and brake boots / 10" matte black racing stripes / Rocker stripes
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014
Apprentice

I love my Recaros. I couldn't find a set to try out before ordering my car, so I ordered them gambling I'd like them or not. I think my wife enjoys them even more.

'14 Grabber Blue GT - Base 300A, Track Pack, Recaro seats - Mods: SCT X4, BBK long tubes and X-pipe, Roush axlebacks, MGW shifter, BMR LCAs and UCA w/ mount
'93 Reef Blue LX 5.0 - 5-speed, black interior, factory A/C delete - GT40P Top End, 5-Lug/4-Wheel Disc - SOLD
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-02-2014
Apprentice

And as far as protecting the seats, I put an old (but clean) bed sheet over it before I take in to the dealer. I also put down an old towel on the floorboard.

'14 Grabber Blue GT - Base 300A, Track Pack, Recaro seats - Mods: SCT X4, BBK long tubes and X-pipe, Roush axlebacks, MGW shifter, BMR LCAs and UCA w/ mount
'93 Reef Blue LX 5.0 - 5-speed, black interior, factory A/C delete - GT40P Top End, 5-Lug/4-Wheel Disc - SOLD
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-02-2014
Apprentice

Those do look great. What is the benefit of Recaros out of curiosity? Is it the side bolsters that hold you in? Also are people really that scared of the dealership getting OIL in your interior? Are Ford techs that bad? When I took mine in they covered the floor and seats even though it was just for a belt change....
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-02-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrbrBlu View Post
And as far as protecting the seats, I put an old (but clean) bed sheet over it before I take in to the dealer. I also put down an old towel on the floorboard.
Thanks, I think I'll try that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpaulg87 View Post
Those do look great. What is the benefit of Recaro's out of curiosity? Is it the side bolsters that hold you in? Also are people really that scared of the dealership getting OIL in your interior? Are Ford techs that bad? When I took mine in they covered the floor and seats even though it was just for a belt change....
Thanks. Yes the Recaro's seat and side bolsters are steel, and they are covered in alcantra or suede, (I'm not sure which) so they hold you in place when cornering. The stock seats bolsters are just padding, and if you have cornered hard, you know what happens. You can also use a five point racing harness with them.

I don't use the dealership, I use JBA Speed Shop in San Diego. They use covers, but the exhaust shop I use doesn't.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page