11 Roush Convertible Stripes painted finally - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-02-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

11 Roush Convertible Stripes painted finally

Well its been three years of crappy vinyl stripes and I finally decided to paint them on. My car was hit in the right rear by a friend of mine in a parking lot, so while it was there I had it done. Here are a few pics.

With the old stripes... flat black

Old stripes Side view... side stripes are now gone.

Old stripes from the back

Here the new views... notice the stripesactually wrap around the back of the hood and rear spoiler, they look so much more complete this way... and they are gloss black, the way I wanted them.

Had the front end redone as well to fix the rick chips from all the miles. I still need to remove the grill and repaint it... hopefully soon.

2011 Roush Stage 2 Convertible Race Red with painted gloss black stripes, Charcoal Interior-Roush # 11-0306
Bama Tuned, Roush Front and Rear Brake Kit, Roush Exhaust with Square tips, 20" wheels, Roush seating with Red stitching
Roush Billet Grille matching lower 3 piece, Matte Black side and top stripes, White Face Gauge cluster, Convertible Light Bar Purchased 27Dec2010
Dyno'd 401 HP/ 390 Ft lbs at the wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-02-2014
Administrator
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Your car looks amazing! Very nice.

Engine mods - all stock, trust me, wanna run??!!!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-03-2014
Apprentice

Very nice. Painted stripes really look so much better.

How much did this cost to do if you don't mind me asking? The vinyl on my 427r is looking rough and I've been considering having the stripes painted when I get back home.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-03-2014
PONY Member

Looks good.

Greg
2011 Race Red GT

Just an old married guy (with kids) and two expensive hobbies...
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-04-2014
Apprentice

Very nice, love the painted stripes

2014 Grabber Blue Mustang GT Premium with nav, RR and comfy packages, 3.73 limited slip axle and optional 19" machined aluminum wheels

Mods: Boss 302 exhaust with QTP electric cutouts, Borla S-type axle backs, BBK Black Out CAI, aluminum Ford Racing coil covers, Steeda short shifter & bracket, Ford Racing Handling Kit, SHR window louvers
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-05-2014
MACH I Member
5.0L Member

That looks great!

'95 Ranger 5.0 GT40X Tri-y GT40 Intake S-Trim Snow Stage 2 Lowered Baer Racing Brakes Viper Spec Tremec w/Hurst shifter Custom Interior Dakota Digital Dash Corbeau Toplines OZ Racing AM/FM/Mp3/CD/DVD/TV.

2014 GTIG 5.0 Vert Base. Sil Carb Fiber dash. Bama Race Tune. Gibson axle backs. STEEDA Springs KONI STR.T Adj. Panhard. Dynamatted. Audiocontrol LC8i Amps and Sub! Leather OEM seats. Custom Badging.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-05-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Thanks everyone! I am very happy with the stripes. They cost me $2000, but that included removing the front bumper and stripping it down for a repaint. The front bumper road rash was pretty bad. I only had the stripes over the top done, painting on the 427 stripes (side stripes will include repainting almost the whole car. I would expect it to be more. I had these painted on then cleared so there is no "line" in the paint where the stripe is. I also did not have the Roush painted back on the stripe... although I like the name, its just in to many places on the car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radeyo View Post
Very nice. Painted stripes really look so much better.

How much did this cost to do if you don't mind me asking? The vinyl on my 427r is looking rough and I've been considering having the stripes painted when I get back home.

2011 Roush Stage 2 Convertible Race Red with painted gloss black stripes, Charcoal Interior-Roush # 11-0306
Bama Tuned, Roush Front and Rear Brake Kit, Roush Exhaust with Square tips, 20" wheels, Roush seating with Red stitching
Roush Billet Grille matching lower 3 piece, Matte Black side and top stripes, White Face Gauge cluster, Convertible Light Bar Purchased 27Dec2010
Dyno'd 401 HP/ 390 Ft lbs at the wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2011 , paint , roush , stripes

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page