2014 GT/CS ...Blemish on driver seat ? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-03-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

2014 GT/CS ...Blemish on driver seat ?

Hello everyone. My wife and I recently purchased a new California Special, it's a black beauty with a few bells and whistles. It's mainly my wife's car and she is as particular about her car if not more than I am. The car has roughly about 2300 miles on it now and we noticed a small blemish on the b drivers seat. It's roughly about 1.5" and the leather as you enter the car where the left side of your back would be. I will take a picture later today and post it. I had my wife take it to the local dealership and the service guy told her it might be wear!!! That's crazy.....the car is barely over 2 K
miles and my wife is a petite 120lb. woman that doesn't even rub that area entering or exiting the car. The service guy did take a picture and promise to look into it and call me.
Any one had this issue?

1965 GT350S Shelby clone(my twisted version)
1964 1/2 Mustang convertible (under construction)
1967 GTA Mustang fastback ( needs total resto)
1967 Fairlane 500 Station Wagon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-03-2014
Apprentice

Are your windows tinted? Depending on angle of the sun there could definitely be sun damage if its in direct sunlight, though this is very rare within the first few years of the car's life. It most likely is wear. Who knows, maybe the way she is sitting in the seat rubs against that one spot really bad.

This is why I paid extra for warranty coverage for the interior. Free replacement on anything in the interior regardless of condition, no questions asked. An extra $70/month on payments but completely worth it for 5 years of coverage.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-03-2014
PONY Member

same here but 2011. No rubbing or sun damage and didn't tint windows for 1 year.

$70/month...wow. Insurance covers that for $0 with comprehensive. I have a $0 deductible and it was only $3 more per 6 months over the standard $500 deductible (maybe $250... can't recall). You might check into that.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-03-2014
GT Member

Leather usually has imperfections. Unless one gets a very high end automobile where the best hides are used you will find flaws. I have the 401a seats and if I look close I can find leather areas that have changes in the surface.

2011 Red Candy /build 2/1/11/ 401A
MT with Redline MTL/ Brembos/355's/glass roof
Shaker 1000/Scoops/Clear bra/Steeda UCA and PH bar
Redline hood lifts/Bilsteins with Ford Racing P springs & axle bks
UPR catch can/whiteline kdt928/MGW shifter with Epco ball
Shaftmasters DS/BMR loop & relocation brackets
Nitto 555 G2's/Steeda jack rails
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-03-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks for your input guys. The windows were tinted the same week we bought the car. As far as a wear problem.... it's not. Her back does not touch that area of the seat. It probably is some type of in perfection in the hide itself. Going to make some calls and see what can be done.

1965 GT350S Shelby clone(my twisted version)
1964 1/2 Mustang convertible (under construction)
1967 GTA Mustang fastback ( needs total resto)
1967 Fairlane 500 Station Wagon
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-03-2014
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by discohouse View Post
same here but 2011. No rubbing or sun damage and didn't tint windows for 1 year.

$70/month...wow. Insurance covers that for $0 with comprehensive. I have a $0 deductible and it was only $3 more per 6 months over the standard $500 deductible (maybe $250... can't recall). You might check into that.
The same warranty also covers the wheels, repairing paint chips and dings, carpet, window tint, and tires if something punctures them causing unrepairable damage or a blowout. Comprehensive doesn't cover damage from wear and tear.

I can get curb rash on a wheel then take a knife to my seats and get everything replaced at no cost without having to go through insurance. Totally worth it.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-03-2014
PONY Member

My seats are the 401a package...and they are looking perfect after 3 years of ownership.

Word of advice? Just treat it with leather conditioner every once and a while. Makes them last forever.

2012 Mustang GT Premium
BLACK on BLACK 401A. A6, HIDs, Security, Rear Camera+Reverse Sensing, Remote Start, Comfort.
-Roush Axle-backs
(Planning on CAI/Tune then I'll be good)
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-03-2014
Apprentice

I have a '14 GT Premium, saddle leather, with 2,300 miles on it. When I picked up the car my wife noticed a small wrinkle, about 1" long, at the top of the passenger seatback. Rather than go through an ordeal at the dealership, I found a local auto/marine upholstery shop. The person with whom I spoke said he could take out the wrinkle with heat, which he subsequently did. He charged me $20 and I couldn't be happier with the repair. Maybe you can find such a shop near you.
Good luck.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-04-2014
PONY Member

Garage
Bottom line, Ford leather is terrible. It's thin and wears fast. In fact, the backs of the front seats and entire rear seat isn't leather, but pleather (fancy word for vinyl). Ford in its advertising doesn't state leather seats, but instead, leather trimmed.

Jedi D.

2014 Mustang GT Coupe Premium. Options include: California Special package, comfort package, navigation, glass roof, shaker pro system, 3.73 ratio limited slip axle, GT front grill/fogs, MGW race spec shifter, BBK X-Pipe, Corsa GT500 Quad Sport axle-back, Ford Racing ProCal tune. "If I wanted insane HP, I would have purchased a 2014 Shelby GT500!"
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radeyo View Post
The same warranty also covers the wheels, repairing paint chips and dings, carpet, window tint, and tires if something punctures them causing unrepairable damage or a blowout. Comprehensive doesn't cover damage from wear and tear.

I can get curb rash on a wheel then take a knife to my seats and get everything replaced at no cost without having to go through insurance. Totally worth it.
its all in how you report the issue(s) grasshopper
Banned

I don't know if its the same leather, but the Leather Recaro's in mine are titties!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page