Car sits very low!! - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Roush springs claim to be just 1" drop all the way around.
Roush Mustang Lowering Springs (05-14) 404472 - LatemodelRestoration.com

2014 GT/CS | 6R80
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-09-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
I'll trade ya mine for yours (I'll even throw in lunch)
mud! what springs are on you mustang now?

Supercharged 2013 mustang 5.0 (race red) BBK LTH, BBK off road X, GT500 axle back, Koni Orange shocks and struts, bmr red panhard bar, steeda lowering springs, custom tune
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-09-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_slo View Post
Roush springs claim to be just 1" drop all the way around.
Roush Mustang Lowering Springs (05-14) 404472 - LatemodelRestoration.com
correct, but that will def lower the verts a little bit more

Supercharged 2013 mustang 5.0 (race red) BBK LTH, BBK off road X, GT500 axle back, Koni Orange shocks and struts, bmr red panhard bar, steeda lowering springs, custom tune

Apprentice

speaking from experience you need convertible specific springs. Our cars due to the extra weight naturally just sit lower. When my car was on the stock size Brembos it would scrape cuz it was so low on my FRPP K-Springs. I later changed the 255/40R19 to a 275/40R19 which was obviously slightly taller, and the scraping went away. Try a taller. As is a brembo car has the lowest tire diameter of everything offered in this generation Mustang.

This is a most recent picture of the rear tires on the stock wheels. I used it have it on 20's but it was not friendly with the potholes, so it's back to stock.
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-09-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle View Post
speaking from experience you need convertible specific springs. Our cars due to the extra weight naturally just sit lower. When my car was on the stock size Brembos it would scrape cuz it was so low on my FRPP K-Springs. I later changed the 255/40R19 to a 275/40R19 which was obviously slightly taller, and the scraping went away. Try a taller. As is a brembo car has the lowest tire diameter of everything offered in this generation Mustang.

This is a most recent picture of the rear tires on the stock wheels. I used it have it on 20's but it was not friendly with the potholes, so it's back to stock.
Still looks pretty low.
I actually just ordered 2 nitto 555 255/45/18 for fronts which is the same as factory diameter
And 2 nitto 555R 305/40/18 for rears which is about 0.7" taller than factory diameter.
I hope this fixes it. I didnt want to go with wider tires than 255 in the front.

Rookie
V6 Member
S197 Member

You may have your answer already, but thought I'd pass along that my son had the exact same issue with his Eibach upgrade on his 2011 5.0 convertible. The rear ride height was of particular concern. Since many other options looked like we'd have the same problem and we needed a solution, we simply reinstalled the stock rear springs. Left Eibach front springs in. We were concerned on handling, but no noticeable change. I was surprised, but he's also not racing the car. Ride height looks right and scraping and bottoming out pretty much gone. Car is running staggered tire set-up with 255/45/18 front and 285/40/18 rear. Hope this helps.
post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-21-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bewolf5 View Post
You may have your answer already, but thought I'd pass along that my son had the exact same issue with his Eibach upgrade on his 2011 5.0 convertible. The rear ride height was of particular concern. Since many other options looked like we'd have the same problem and we needed a solution, we simply reinstalled the stock rear springs. Left Eibach front springs in. We were concerned on handling, but no noticeable change. I was surprised, but he's also not racing the car. Ride height looks right and scraping and bottoming out pretty much gone. Car is running staggered tire set-up with 255/45/18 front and 285/40/18 rear. Hope this helps.
Thats cool. How obout the front end? That was my biggest concern. That the front end was too low.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page