Good price for 2013 GT? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-04-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Question Good price for 2013 GT?

I'm Damon, looking to get a Mustang or Camaro but I found this gray 2013 GT while driving by car lots. Basically I'd like to know of this is a good deal. $29000 2013 GT with about 9,300 miles. I'm new to this site & I'm interested in any feedback along with helpful info.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-04-2014
Administrator
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Welcome to the forum Damon! I've heard others on the forum talk about getting 14's new for around that price or a little less. I think with the new body style out you should be able to work the price down 4 to 5 grand and it would be a deal. Best of luck.

Engine mods - all stock, trust me, wanna run??!!!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-04-2014
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Hi, welcome to the site. That price may be a little high, but that depends on how it is equipped. You can probably find a brand new `14 base GT for around that price.

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-04-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks for your help! How should I haggle the salesman down a few thousand? LOL I'm not the best at talking with them.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-05-2014
Apprentice

Like mentioned above, the value will be based on how it's equipped. But even pretty loaded it's probably a little more than I would pay. Here's something to think about. It was not uncommon for people to purchase these cars, brand new, for $6-8k off sticker. I paid $28,9xx for my new 13 in March of last year.

If you have no experience negotiating, I'm not sure this is the car to start with. How about taking road trip and buying a brand new one with having to haggle?

2013 DIB 301A / Auto / Recaro / Brembo
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-05-2014
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damondogg View Post
Thanks for your help! How should I haggle the salesman down a few thousand? LOL I'm not the best at talking with them.
You could have a friend who has some expierience at buying go with you, or you could get a price from a place like Truecar.com for a like car you are looking at with the same options, color, etc. & that will give you an idea of what you should be paying.

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-05-2014
Banned

Quote:
This is what you do ...

Appraise the vehicle's worth on Edmunds, Kelly Blue Book, and NADA:
Used Cars: For Sale, Appraisals & Certified Pre-Owned | Edmunds.com
Used Cars, Used Car Prices, Used Car Pricing - Kelley Blue Book
New Car Prices & Used Car Values - NADAguides

Take the value of the car from those 3 sites, average them, and stick to it like glue. If you can get it for less, fine. But not a penny more.

(trade in's complicate the process, just figure it's worth on those same sites)
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-05-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks for the tip! Now I'm gonna find out how much insurance will go up for me.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-05-2014
PONY Member

Whenbuying or selling I always check Ebay completed sold sales. They really set the market. By looking at it I'd say a good price would be 22k top dollar 29K
2013 mustang gt in Ford | eBay

1987 5.0 LX ( sold in 92)
2011 GT/CS Convertible .Electronics package,
Security package,HID headlights,comfort package
Apprentice

Difficult to give any advice if we don't know what options are on the car? 7 weeks ago I purchased a 2014 Base Gt with brembo package for $27700. Going by that I'd say that price is extremely high, but if it is loaded with several packages it may only be a few thousand high. If you want some good advice post up the option packages it includes...

2014 Mustang GT Base 6M
Brembo Package
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-07-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Smile Mustang GT Premium

All I know it's Mustang GT Premium, leather seats with remaining of
factory warranty. Sterling gray color. $29,000 with 7,537 miles. I think it's a high price, but since I don't have any money down, I am gonna try to get it for $26,000 since the blue book value is around that price. What do you all think?
Apprentice

Quote:
All I know it's Mustang GT Premium, leather seats with remaining of
factory warranty. Sterling gray color. $29,000 with 7,537 miles. I think it's a high price, but since I don't have any money down, I am gonna try to get it for $26,000 since the blue book value is around that price. What do you all think?
No money down should not affect the selling price. The sale and the financing are separate transactions. Get financing ahead of time and keep your approval in your hip pocket, get your price on the car, see if the dealer offers you better financing terms than what you're approved for.

Hard to say if it's a good deal without knowing the equipment but the dealer website should at least have the VIN which you can plug in on the Ford website for a PDF of the original window sticker. Knock $6-7K off the sticker price and that gives you a sense of what the car would fetch brand-new, knock a couple grand more off for used status/mileage. Is it being sold CPO from a Ford dealer (with the extra warranty)? If not, take off another grand.

As others have said, $29K possibly gets you a new GT Premium and definitely gets you a new GT Base. Now if we're talking Premium with Track Pack, glass roof, Recaros, and nav, $29K might be a good price with that mileage.

2013 GT Premium 6MT. GHIG, Black/Cashmere 401A interior, Comfort Package, 19" 5-spoke wheels. Two boosters, one RFT card for my parking garage at work, daily driver.
PONY Member

You should be able to get it for less than 26k or just find another one... unless you are really set on that color/combo (didn't read your post )
Apprentice

I paid 27k for a 2014 black GT base..

Black 2014 Mustang GT Base
MRT Boss H Pipe, QTP(with wireless), KOOKS Side Pipe, W/O Resonators, FRS QUADS, Pro-Cal Tune
GT500 Valence, MMD Window Pannels Kenwood Excelon DDX9903S
2 Alpine PDX-V9
2 Alpine SBR-S8
Morel Elate 6.5"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page