what do you guys think of this deal? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-05-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

what do you guys think of this deal?

I am about to purchase some concavo cw5 wheels with 20x10.5 in the back 20x9 in the front with 275s in the front and 315s in the rear. I am buying them used and was told they are in perfect condition and the tires have pretty decent tread left. i am buying them for $1,900 with two extra front tires thrown in. Do you guys think this is a good deal? and if i get tired of them i think i will be able to sell them for a profit because each wheel is over $500 new, plus the tires. I think i will be able to sell them for at least $2,200. do you guys think this is a reasonable assumption?

2007 gt full bolt on and cams- sold
2011 gt (brembo)- work in progress...
mods: eibach sportline springs, koni yellows, MM caster camber plates, BMR adj. panhard bar, concavo CW-5 wheels, boss/cs front fascia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-05-2014
GLOBAL MODERATOR
S197 Member

It is hard to tell SIGHT UNSEEN,what is good tread life to one might be worn out to another,also the rims could have slight curb rash,on them other hand they might be perfect,I guess it"s a crap shoot,but I am a very cautious person,so I think I would pass on the deal or buy used if I could see them in person.

post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-05-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 Coyote View Post
It is hard to tell SIGHT UNSEEN,what is good tread life to one might be worn out to another,also the rims could have slight curb rash,on them other hand they might be perfect,I guess it"s a crap shoot,but I am a very cautious person,so I think I would pass on the deal or buy used if I could see them in person.
i'll be seeing them in person before buying. but they do not have any curb rash at all. and i would say about 50% tread left from what i can tell from the pictures

mods: eibach sportline springs, koni yellows, MM caster camber plates, BMR adj. panhard bar, concavo CW-5 wheels, boss/cs front fascia

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-05-2014
Administrator
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Welcome to AFM! I wouldn't buy for investment only if you like them. I have a set of 22" foose legend rims 10.5 rear 9 front with tires with maybe 1000 miles 275/30 rear 255/30 front rims are flawless thought I wanted something else so I put them on Craigslist, highest offer I got was 600. I could hardly buy one rear rim for that so I just kept em.

Engine mods - all stock, trust me, wanna run??!!!
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-05-2014
PONY Member

With wheels I would say your assumption is off. I think you would be lucky to break even. Buying used wheels that were $500 a piece new I would be expecting to pay $250-350 a piece. That's AFTER I had a shop verify they weren't bent. 20's on our car or much more easily bent than 20's on a tahoe or even a charger due to the thin profile. I got burned on 20's once that I got a great deal on. If they are bent they can be repaired but the wheel will be weaker than compared to new. I would be very cautious

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2012 Race Red GT
6 Speed
Flowmaster outlaw axle back
Everything else stock
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-05-2014
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

You are buying them for $1900 & already thinking of selling them for a profit. Wouldn't you think the guy selling them to you has already thought of that on his end? Good luck & let us know how this turns out.

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-05-2014
Rookie

I bought some lexani rims for my 00 gs400 that cost 2500. I put 200 miles on them before trading in the car for my mustang. Im hoping to get 1500 for them which will ne hard
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-05-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

I won't be hurting at all if I don't make money if I decide to sell them, but this package costs over $3,600 new and you guys don't think someone would buy them for 2,200? Thanks for your help guys! I really want these wheels just to have them but I was just thinking if I can make money off them it wouldn't be a bad thing, ya know? They were actually sublime's wheels, if any of you know who sublime is from Instagram

post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-05-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Cooper View Post
Welcome to AFM! I wouldn't buy for investment only if you like them. I have a set of 22" foose legend rims 10.5 rear 9 front with tires with maybe 1000 miles 275/30 rear 255/30 front rims are flawless thought I wanted something else so I put them on Craigslist, highest offer I got was 600. I could hardly buy one rear rim for that so I just kept em.
Oh, and thanks for the welcome! You guys seem pretty cool here!

post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-06-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

I picked up the wheels and tires today! they look great and appear to be well taken car of. also, the tires have a lot of meat left on them! the 315s look awesome! i need to adjust the panhard bar a little but here are some pictures.

Rookie

Those look gorgeous on ur car
MACH I Member
5.0L Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by yada View Post
Those look gorgeous on ur car
Hell yes!

'95 Ranger 5.0 GT40X Tri-y GT40 Intake S-Trim Snow Stage 2 Lowered Baer Racing Brakes Viper Spec Tremec w/Hurst shifter Custom Interior Dakota Digital Dash Corbeau Toplines OZ Racing AM/FM/Mp3/CD/DVD/TV.

2014 GTIG 5.0 Vert Base. Sil Carb Fiber dash. Bama Race Tune. Gibson axle backs. STEEDA Springs KONI STR.T Adj. Panhard. Dynamatted. Audiocontrol LC8i Amps and Sub! Leather OEM seats. Custom Badging.
SHELBY GT 350 Member

sweeeeeeeeet........+1 on only maybe making $ (it'll take time) but they look real nice

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-07-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks guys! I figure I can use and enjoy them and then if I decide to get rid of them I will be able to basically get what I paid for them

PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

What part of Houston you in? Wheels look great man!

2013 GT Premium, Brembo's, Track Pack, 6MT, Recaro's, Reverse Sensors/Camera, GT500 A/B, BMR Springs, Strange 10-way Adjustables w/GT500 Mounts, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, 20" Staggered Vossen CV2's/Nitto Invo's.....BMR UCA/Bracket, BMR LCA's, BMR LCA Relocation Brackets being done soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page