2014 track pack steeda tune dyno - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-06-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

2014 track pack steeda tune dyno

I have a carbon fiber jlt intake, roush axle back, steeda tune the numbers were 378whp 294 wtrq. Seems a bit low what are your thoughts?

2014 Deep impact blue GT Premium, Track package, Recaro seats, Shaker Pro Ordered 1/15/13, Built 3/11/13, Delivered 4/1/13, steeda pro action struts/shocks, ultralight springs, billet lower control arms, upper control arm, pan hard bar and mount, whiteline relocation brackets, boss 302 Laguna secs alignment, bbk strut mounts, jlt carbon fiber intake, steeda tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-06-2014
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

So basically you installed better mufflers and a tune. Seems like good numbers to me. What were you expecting?

2014 GT/CS - MT82 - 3.73 - 19's
Charcoal Interior - Glass Roof - Comfort Pkg - Electronic Pkg - Shaker Pro - No Mods
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-06-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Only around 10 more hp, I'm not disappointed. Does torque seem low?

2014 Deep impact blue GT Premium, Track package, Recaro seats, Shaker Pro Ordered 1/15/13, Built 3/11/13, Delivered 4/1/13, steeda pro action struts/shocks, ultralight springs, billet lower control arms, upper control arm, pan hard bar and mount, whiteline relocation brackets, boss 302 Laguna secs alignment, bbk strut mounts, jlt carbon fiber intake, steeda tune

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-06-2014
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepimpact14 View Post
The butt dyno is what matters. How does she feel / run? At least the numbers are heading in the right direction.

Charcoal Interior - Glass Roof - Comfort Pkg - Electronic Pkg - Shaker Pro - No Mods
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-06-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Car is good besides the 3.73 gear whine it's going in tom for that

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-06-2014
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepimpact14 View Post
Is that number based on a baseline dyno you ran with the car stock?

2014 Mustang GT Base 6M
Brembo Package
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-06-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Never ran it stock

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-06-2014
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Looks like they ran the Dyno in 4th gear, not 5th. The only way to get an accurate torque reading is to use the gear closest to a 1:1 ratio, which is 5th in the MT82.

2015 Mustang GT PP 401A Black | Roush Supercharger
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-06-2014
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kn7671 View Post
Looks like they ran the Dyno in 4th gear, not 5th. The only way to get an accurate torque reading is to use the gear closest to a 1:1 ratio, which is 5th in the MT82.
Dont take a Coyote to a shop that doesnt know Coyotes or MT82s. Your TQ numbers are super off - likely due to operator error.

2011 Mustang GT M6 3.31s

Matt HONEYCUTT Tune, Lethal Off-Road X, GT500 axlebacks, J&M LCAs, UPR UCA, Whiteline LCA relocation brackets, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Koni STR.T shocks/struts, GT500 strut mounts, SR Strut Tower Brace

Best 1/4 E/T (05/18/14 MIR - no tune, X-pipe, or UCA): 12.920 @ 109.40 mph (2.059 60ft)
Apprentice

Send a message via Yahoo to Tribefan
Based on my experience, your torque seems way too low. I would have thought with a Steeda tune that you'd have more HP too, again based on my experience. Here's my dyno results for my 1 week old Track Pack GT back in April. At the time, it had 750-ish miles on it and was bone stock. I did this dyno run to get a baseline for future mods. If I recall correctly, it was in the mid-70's temperature wise and wasn't super humid. It was done at Pro-Dyno in Fort Mill, SC. They almost exclusively do Ford performance work. This was the best of my 3 runs:

2014 DIB Track Pack GT
GT500 Axle Back
MGW Race-Spec shifter
2011 SVTPP wheels w/ 275/40ZR19 & 295/35ZR20 Michelin Pilot Super Sports
Roush front splitter, 3D Carbon GT500 spoiler, RTR rear decklid panel
SR Performance 1.5" Lowering Springs, Oil Separator & Steel Braided Clutch Line
Stock Dyno Results: 375 HP, 361 TQ
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribefan View Post
Based on my experience, your torque seems way too low. I would have thought with a Steeda tune that you'd have more HP too, again based on my experience. Here's my dyno results for my 1 week old Track Pack GT back in April. At the time, it had 750-ish miles on it and was bone stock. I did this dyno run to get a baseline for future mods. If I recall correctly, it was in the mid-70's temperature wise and wasn't super humid. It was done at Pro-Dyno in Fort Mill, SC. They almost exclusively do Ford performance work. This was the best of my 3 runs:

Yeah, your numbers are absolutely right on. Generally, these cars are right in the 350-370 range give or take a little depending on weather conditions.

OP's dyno of 294 rwtq is flat wrong. Im sure his car is fine and the shop's dyno is calibrated like Bill Clinton's crooked schwanz.

2011 Mustang GT M6 3.31s

Matt HONEYCUTT Tune, Lethal Off-Road X, GT500 axlebacks, J&M LCAs, UPR UCA, Whiteline LCA relocation brackets, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Koni STR.T shocks/struts, GT500 strut mounts, SR Strut Tower Brace

Best 1/4 E/T (05/18/14 MIR - no tune, X-pipe, or UCA): 12.920 @ 109.40 mph (2.059 60ft)
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Oh hell! Sorry OP. I got cought up on the last two numbers and didn't reslize it was 294 instead of 394. My bad! I'll shut up now

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page