Spintech mufflers - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-06-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member
Mustang II Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Spintech mufflers

Has anyone installed a pair of Spintech 1ABM6111-38 Sportsman Street 3000 axle back mufflers on there 2011+ 5.0? I'm looking to buy a pair of stainless mufflers that sound more throatier than stock but aren't too harsh, loud, or raspy and these caught my eye. I want a more aggressive sound but don't want to be overly annoying decibel wise. They list them as "aggressive".
Spintech also makes a Super Pro Street 9000 but they list them as "very aggressive".
I know Spintech are pricey but I've always heard good things. Any input?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-07-2014
PONY Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobrajet67 View Post
Has anyone installed a pair of Spintech 1ABM6111-38 Sportsman Street 3000 axle back mufflers on there 2011+ 5.0? I'm looking to buy a pair of stainless mufflers that sound more throatier than stock but aren't too harsh, loud, or raspy and these caught my eye. I want a more aggressive sound but don't want to be overly annoying decibel wise. They list them as "aggressive".
Spintech also makes a Super Pro Street 9000 but they list them as "very aggressive".
I know Spintech are pricey but I've always heard good things. Any input?
check out gt500 mufflers! you wont regret

Supercharged 2013 mustang 5.0 (race red) BBK LTH, BBK off road X, GT500 axle back, Koni Orange shocks and struts, bmr red panhard bar, steeda lowering springs, custom tune
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-07-2014
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ydashti01 View Post
check out gt500 mufflers! you wont regret
This ^

I put on some GT500's recently and have been pleased with the way it sounds. Quiet when cruising at less than 2000 rpm, gets loud when you step on it. Can't beat them for the price.

Plus they will get deeper with age.

2011 V6 Mustang - Premium 202A Spec (Pony Package) - SOLD!

2014 V8 Mustang - Premium 400A Spec
6 Speed Manual, 3.31 Rear
Black, Charcoal Black
Comfort Package, Security System

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-07-2014
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Spintech!? Are those guys still around? I remember looking at those a long time ago and laughing at their 'corkscrew in a can' technology.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-07-2014
GT Member

2011SpinTech V-8 MUSTANG 5.0 3 - Ford - Mustang - Mustang '05 - '11 AxleBack - 1ABM6111-98..2011 MUSTANG 5.0 AXLE BACK - SpinTech Performance Mufflers

$429.95 +300 more for SS? OK ill pass

I don't speak often but when I do, I don't have clue what I am talking about. I just repeat things that I once heard and do not repeat them correctly... My doctor told me it was an ID 10 T problem and it was incurable.
So when I reply to a post or add to a thread I just find the words elsewhere and copy and paste.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-07-2014
PONY Member

Damn! At that price, you're competing with the Borla S-type.

And as much as I loved the spintechs on a buddy's big block Chevy, I have yet to hear an axleback exhaust on a Coyote which sounds as good as my Borlas do, and doesn't drone.

2014 Sterling Gray GT Premium with silver stripes / MT-82 / Brembo / Recaro
Steeda Sports | Koni Yellows | BMR Panhard and LCA Brackets
MGW shifter | Borla S-types
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014 Thread Starter
PONY Member
Mustang II Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

A couple of you mentioned the GT500 mufflers. Do they have any noticeable drone? I saw Ford Racing sells the GT500 mufflers and they were pretty affordable.
Is the Borla S-type a very loud muffler? I'm not looking for one that's very loud.
The Spintech mufflers aren't cheap but they are supposedly high quality. They are not common and that fact alone appeals to me if they sound good and don't drone.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014
PONY Member
S197 Member

No drone at all on the GT500 mufflers, and if you want them a little louder, replace/remove the over-axle resonators. You won't be disappointed with the GT500's, they really do sound fantastic. They just aren't loud enough for some folks on here! The tips look fantastic too. Stainless single wall 4" tips.

Black 2013 GT Premium | Track Package | Recaros | GT500's | JBA H-Pipe | Borla Over-Axles | OEM GT500 Spoiler | Koni Yellows | Steeda CAI/Tune | Steeda Ultralite Springs | Steeda Adjustable UCA/PHB | Steeda Billet LCAs | MGW | Forgestar F14's
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014
PONY Member

I run the Borla S-types. Yes, they are loud. Heads turn when you crank the car up in a supermarket parking lot.

2014 Sterling Gray GT Premium with silver stripes / MT-82 / Brembo / Recaro
Steeda Sports | Koni Yellows | BMR Panhard and LCA Brackets
MGW shifter | Borla S-types
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xarius View Post
No drone at all on the GT500 mufflers, and if you want them a little louder, replace/remove the over-axle resonators. You won't be disappointed with the GT500's, they really do sound fantastic. They just aren't loud enough for some folks on here! The tips look fantastic too. Stainless single wall 4" tips.

They are what our cars should have come with stock.
As said you wont be disappointed with the 500s. Absollutly no drone at all. At cruising rpms inside the cabin they are no louder than stock.

2013 GT premium, Deep impact blue, Recaros, Manual, 3.73, Gt500 mufflers, Barton shifter, Steeda 91 tune, Pilot Sport A/S 3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page