Just a few questions about V6 to GT front end conversion - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-07-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Just a few questions about V6 to GT front end conversion

Hey guys can you please let me know if I am on the right track.

Mustang Saleen S281 Front Grille (10-12) - LatemodelRestoration.com

Ford Racing Mustang BOSS/CS Style Lower Front Fascia w/ Foglights BR3Z-15200-AA (10-12 GT) - Free Shipping

If I buy those two items above (saleen grille and boss lower fascia) plus a gt bumper is that all I need? Is it hard to do at home? Will the foglights I have now fit the fascia? And most importantly where can I buy a gt bumper from?

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	362026  

2011 Ingot Silver V6 Performance Pkg Pony Pkg Comfort pkg Auto...Bama 91 hybrid, SR lowerings springs, 1 inch eibach rear wheel spacers, AFE cai, smoked taillights, quarter markers, side markers, viynl wrapped roof and decklid, muffler deletes w/4 inch tips, zr4 lazer jammers, smoked headlight covers and plasti dipped wing, wheels, grille, and grille surround. Check out my gallery for some professional pics.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-07-2014
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

No the foglights are different, the fog lights that fit the CS lower valance are projector style and not close to the Pony Package Fogs.
As for the grille, I think it is all you need, but I did the full CS conversion on mine so I am not sure.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/Siberexpress/Sterling/Stripes/af58edf0-2e2e-4ffe-a201-405b00a627bc_zpseb5ae052.jpg
2013 Performance Package V6
2013 F150 6.2L Boss
Yes it is a Boss
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-07-2014
MACH I Member

If you buy the GT bumper you can use the Saleen grille. However, like it was mentioned above your fog lights will not fit in the CS fascia, so you need to buy the fascia with the fog lights, or you can opt to discard the fog lights (Boss style).

You can buy a takeoff GT bumper on ebay. Problem is you are in Canada and shipping is a *****. When I bought the Roush bumper for my V6 I drove to the US to pick it up.

Install is relatively simple. It helps if you have two people. There was a guide on here at some point on how to do it.

2018 GT350 - Race red

2012 Mustang GT/CS - Race red - Electronics package - Security package - 3.73 - Steeda shift knob - Steeda shift bracket - ProCal II Tune - GT500 ABs - Shaftmasters DS - Boss 302S Wheels - Build date: February 14th, 2012

2011 Mustang V6 - Pony Package Premium Coupe - Black - Charcoal Leather - Roush Front Fascia - Matte Black Lemans and Hockey Stick Hood Stripes - 6% HP Charcoal Tint - 3.31

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewr87 View Post
If you buy the GT bumper you can use the Saleen grille. However, like it was mentioned above your fog lights will not fit in the CS fascia, so you need to buy the fascia with the fog lights, or you can opt to discard the fog lights (Boss style).

You can buy a takeoff GT bumper on ebay. Problem is you are in Canada and shipping is a *****. When I bought the Roush bumper for my V6 I drove to the US to pick it up.

Install is relatively simple. It helps if you have two people. There was a guide on here at some point on how to do it.
Yea I goto the States every week to fuel up anyways, so shipping should not be a problem. Now I just have to find a bumper.

2011 Ingot Silver V6 Performance Pkg Pony Pkg Comfort pkg Auto...Bama 91 hybrid, SR lowerings springs, 1 inch eibach rear wheel spacers, AFE cai, smoked taillights, quarter markers, side markers, viynl wrapped roof and decklid, muffler deletes w/4 inch tips, zr4 lazer jammers, smoked headlight covers and plasti dipped wing, wheels, grille, and grille surround. Check out my gallery for some professional pics.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

This might be a dumb question but what is the difference between a bumper and a bumper cover?

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014
MACH I Member

Technically what you want is the bumper cover or the front fascia. The front bumper is what is located beneath the bumper cover. Its made of foam.

2018 GT350 - Race red

2012 Mustang GT/CS - Race red - Electronics package - Security package - 3.73 - Steeda shift knob - Steeda shift bracket - ProCal II Tune - GT500 ABs - Shaftmasters DS - Boss 302S Wheels - Build date: February 14th, 2012

2011 Mustang V6 - Pony Package Premium Coupe - Black - Charcoal Leather - Roush Front Fascia - Matte Black Lemans and Hockey Stick Hood Stripes - 6% HP Charcoal Tint - 3.31
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014
MACH I Member

Newtakeoff.com Ford Mustang Bumpers

2018 GT350 - Race red

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

I can't quite tell in your pic but looks like you don't have fogs right now. You'll need the harness & switch I think?

Mustang Fog Light Wiring & Switch Kit - Fits V6 and Boss 302 (2010-2012) ? Starkey Products

2014 GT/CS | 6R80
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_slo View Post
I can't quite tell in your pic but looks like you don't have fogs right now. You'll need the harness & switch I think?

Mustang Fog Light Wiring & Switch Kit - Fits V6 and Boss 302 (2010-2012) ? Starkey Products
I have the pony package lights. Sorry if it is not clear in the pic I provided.

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Thanks for the link man!

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
They don't paint them ingot silver so I guess I will have to get it painted.

Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6Canuck View Post
I have the pony package lights. Sorry if it is not clear in the pic I provided.
I think the BOSS/CS fascia comes with wiring connectors intended to get power from the stock GT fog harness which is H10 style not H11 like the pony pkg fogs.

You may have to buy the H10 harness without switch or swap connectors on the fascia wiring kit.

Edit: looks like they have a proper adapter instead of buying a new harness http://www.starkey-products.com/v6-m...-h10-2005-2013
You just have to confirm with AM that their fascia wiring kit has plug ends instead of something else (like splices).

2014 GT/CS | 6R80

Last edited by capt_slo; 07-08-2014 at 02:42 PM. Reason: link
PONY Member

Quote:
I think the BOSS/CS fascia comes with wiring connectors intended to get power from the stock GT fog harness which is H10 style not H11 like the pony pkg fogs.

You may have to buy the H10 harness without switch or swap connectors on the fascia wiring kit.

Edit: looks like they have a proper adapter instead of buying a new harness V6 Mustang Fog Light Converters H11 to H10 Set (2005-2013) ? Starkey Products
You just have to confirm with AM that their fascia wiring kit has plug ends instead of something else (like splices).
Since you already have fog lights you will need:
-GT or GT/CS front bumper fascia
-GT/CS or BOSS lower fasica
-GT/CS fog lights (2)
-Saleen grille

I bought my parts from my local Ford dealership. Shipping was free and I didn't have to pay a cent until I got to look through the boxes. If you want to use your stock grille instead of the Saleen one you will need a grille surround. Also if you want the lower BOSS splitter that sticks out below the lower fascia, that is an addition component.

To install, you will need to remove the radiator cover, current front bumper fascia and disconnect your fog lights. Install the new lower fascia into the new front bumper fascia. Remove the front caps from the new lower fascia and install the fog lights. Install your new grille. Route fog light wiring harness so that it will connect to the new fog lights. Install new front bumper fascia assembly. Connect wiring harness to new fog lights. Reinstall old radiator cover.

If you have any questions, let me know. I don't have the exact part numbers in front of me, but I can find them if you'd like. Yes, you will need to paint the bumper if you don't get a Silver takeoff. Mine cost about $300 to get it painted. In total, it cost me about $1500 to swap the front end of my car, but yours might be a bit cheaper by going with the Saleen grille and not getting the lower BOSS splitter.

2012 MCA V6, Kona Blue, Stone Leather, HIDs, Performance Pack, Reverse Sensing, Interior Upgrade, Comfort Pack, Medium tint, Carbon fiber splash guards, JTL oil separator, Borla ATAK AB exhaust, American Muscle 1/4 window louvers, Hood spear decals, Raxiom rear tail lights, Steeda LCAs, Ford Racing panhard bar

Order: 6/28 VIN: 8/23 WS: 8/30 Build: 9/6 Arrived: 9/20 Pickup: 9/22
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:

Edit: looks like they have a proper adapter instead of buying a new harness V6 Mustang Fog Light Converters H11 to H10 Set (2005-2013) ? Starkey Products
They come with an adapter harness to plug in and run the wires down from the GT grille fog, the CS fog lights are H11 so the Pony Package fog light harness just plugs in.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/Siberexpress/Sterling/Stripes/af58edf0-2e2e-4ffe-a201-405b00a627bc_zpseb5ae052.jpg
2013 Performance Package V6
2013 F150 6.2L Boss
Yes it is a Boss
Apprentice

Quote:
Technically what you want is the bumper cover or the front fascia. The front bumper is what is located beneath the bumper cover. Its made of foam.
The Foam is the Absorber. The Bumper it the steel or Aluminum bar under the cover and absorber.

2011 Grabber Blue GT/CS 6SP 373's
1 of 63

"The only thing worse than a car that won't go is one that won't stop."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
conversion , foglights , grille , v6 swap

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page