Seat cover install with 5.0 Convertible problem - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-07-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Seat cover install with 5.0 Convertible problem

I bought a complete set of neosupreme seat covers for my car from CalTrend. I am happy with the seat covers for the most part. The issue I have is with the rear seat cover that fits the back part of the seat.

The attachment for the top part of the cover (behind and below the headrests) is a velcro strip with adhesive on it. The adhesive doesn't stay attached to the back of the seat when I have the top down on my car. So when I look back I see material flapping in the wind between the head rests.

I need a better way to attach that portion of the seat cover to the seat. Any one else with this problem? Anyone have any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-07-2014
GLOBAL MODERATOR
S197 Member

Go to Walmart and get some fabric glue,and glue your Velcro strip with that,your problem should be solved!

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Thanks for the idea. I will definitely try that. Now I just have to find a place to do some custom embroidery and I will be all set!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page