A D-Bag in a Boxster tried to race me last night... - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck89 View Post
I wouldn't put too much faith in that. Ford says 0-60 for the 5L is 4.3sec. Don't think anyone on this forum has managed that on stock components. Regardless, the nod would go to the better driver. As others have said, not worth the gas or the vehicle being impounded.
I have done it several times according to my track app with a tune only on my AT6 but the only time I can do it is when my A/C on otherwise I spin.

2013 Sterling Grey Mustang GT - Premium -AT6
Best 100% stock 1/4 time = 12.79
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member
5.0L Member

I love it when people do this to me. I'll rev back, then when the light turns I'll let them take off like an idiot.

2013 Mustang GT, Track Pack, Recaro Seats, MT82, GT500 Axle Back, Boss 302 Quad Exhaust, Transmission Bushing Insert, MGW Shifter, Steeda Shift Knob, GT500 Spoiler, MMD Hood Struts, CPC Battery Covers.
GT Member

Whatever, I did 4.3 to 60 on cold summer-only PZeros in February. It can be done. When I switched out the upper for the Roush rubber one, it was a lot easier to be consistent but not any faster.

2014 Premium GT, SGM, Brembo, Auto, Tech, Comfort, etc. GT500s, Steeda UCA, VMP auto tune, 100 shot on BBR tune, best et: 11.38 at 120.85

2012 GT, Candy Red, Brembo, 3.73, Tech, Comfort, etc. Procal tune, Roush upper, UMI LCAs, Steeda red bracket, GT500s, 28X10X16 Hoosier slicks, best et: 11.91 at 115.23 RIP

SHELBY GT 350 Member

and a win for the Porsche......

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
post #20 of 87 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014 Thread Starter
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
and a win for the Porsche......
What do you mean? It was a one-man race.

2018 GT350 - Race red

2012 Mustang GT/CS - Race red - Electronics package - Security package - 3.73 - Steeda shift knob - Steeda shift bracket - ProCal II Tune - GT500 ABs - Shaftmasters DS - Boss 302S Wheels - Build date: February 14th, 2012

2011 Mustang V6 - Pony Package Premium Coupe - Black - Charcoal Leather - Roush Front Fascia - Matte Black Lemans and Hockey Stick Hood Stripes - 6% HP Charcoal Tint - 3.31
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Yeah, but Junior will swear to his buddies that he burned you so hard that you didn't bother trying to engage.

Doesn't matter though! LOL! You can crush him in front of his friends next time.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNSX View Post
In a straight line, the advantage is to the Mustang.

I owned a Boxster S in the past (back in 2002), which handles as well as my NSX, both of which will absolutely destroy a Mustang GT or V6 through the curves.

No, they wont... It just feels like they will.
For the Boxster, it looks about neck and neck with the GT, and the NSX would be soundly beaten.
There are of course, variances in the years of the cars ... the new boxster is much quicker than the older ones.

Willow Springs - Streets of Willow lap records - FastestLaps.com

2011 GT Premium
Kona Blue, 6MT
Ordered 7-10-10 Delivered 10-5-10
Apprentice

4.3 sounds like BOSS 302 speeds, and with a GOOD driver or prior GT-500 speeds with a bad driver, def not a stock 5.0, where does Ford say the 5.0 hits 0-60 in 4.3? I can pretty much promise that is false. I'd LOVE to see proof of it though...but yeah a stock 5.0 hitting 4.3 0-60? Yeahhhhhhh no. 420HP and 390TQ does not get you that.
BOSS Member

Garage
I would have smoked the Boxster from zero to the speed limit.

Shadow Black 2018 GT 10R80-355
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thereaper View Post
I would have smoked the Boxter from zero to the speed limit.
Wow people are macho with their GT's. The Boxster until the refresh was the "Porsche" that "wasn't" now they hit 4.2-4.4 all day, hell they kill the older 911s with ease. I used to laugh at them, but I know damn well how fast they are now. Torque wise I guess you have help, but you are fighting a 2900lb car vs your 3650lb car.... and that 5.0 ain't exactly a torquey v-8 compared to the rest.

I would love to see the official statement of Ford saying the 5.0 hits 0-60 in 4.2 though, as someone said above, as that is b.s.

*EDIT* Canuck89 said that, got proof that Ford said that? The stripped down Laguna Seca Boss (no rear seats) hit 4.1-4.3, and that is due to gearing and insane weight loss, a GT on average hits 4.8+ By no means SLOW, but come on man. saying a stock GT hits 4.1-4.4 is claiming you are driving a GT-500 5.4l, not a GT, and the GT-500 if you realize how the clutch is, can even hit 3.8-3.9( -12 and minus). Get real and stop day dreamin speeds.

If you think you are right go up against a 392 Challenger (in a few months the R\T version it will be your common enemy as it gets the 475HP\TQ 6.4l, so better start now), or a 1LE SS Camaro. 5.0's never beat me when I owned my older SRT 6.1l tuned. Film that drag-race too. Lol, 4.2. Keep dreaming.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenG View Post
Try a Acura next to you revving it up. I almost fell out of my seat.

These things need to come with disclaimers; "Car makes people around you act like idiots."
Honestly I'm surprised I don't get more folks wanting to race. Not that I'd always bite but I rarely get anyone trying that. Like 5 or 6 times in 4 years rare.

DELIVERED: 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Premium, Kona Blue, Black Leather Interior, HIDs, 3.73, Security, 19 inch Painted Aluminum Rims - Roush: Front Valance, Front/Side Splitters

Washington State 5.0 Owner's Thread:

allfordmustangs.com/forums/west-coast/240489-official-washington-state-5-0-owners-thread.html
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Keep it civil folks!

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!
post #28 of 87 (permalink) Old 07-09-2014 Thread Starter
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpaulg87 View Post
Wow people are macho with their GT's. The Boxster until the refresh was the "Porsche" that "wasn't" now they hit 4.2-4.4 all day, hell they kill the older 911s with ease. I used to laugh at them, but I know damn well how fast they are now. Torque wise I guess you have help, but you are fighting a 2900lb car vs your 3650lb car.... and that 5.0 ain't exactly a torquey v-8 compared to the rest.

I would love to see the official statement of Ford saying the 5.0 hits 0-60 in 4.2 though, as someone said above, as that is b.s.

*EDIT* Canuck89 said that, got proof that Ford said that? The stripped down Laguna Seca Boss (no rear seats) hit 4.1-4.3, and that is due to gearing and insane weight loss, a GT on average hits 4.8+ By no means SLOW, but come on man. saying a stock GT hits 4.1-4.4 is claiming you are driving a GT-500 5.4l, not a GT, and the GT-500 if you realize how the clutch is, can even hit 3.8-3.9( -12 and minus). Get real and stop day dreamin speeds.

If you think you are right go up against a 392 Challenger (in a few months the R\T version it will be your common enemy as it gets the 475HP\TQ 6.4l, so better start now), or a 1LE SS Camaro. 5.0's never beat me when I owned my older SRT 6.1l tuned. Film that drag-race too. Lol, 4.2. Keep dreaming.
All I know is that on the official Porsche website the fastest Boxster is listed as 4.9 seconds to 60 mph. The others range between 5.0 and 5.1 seconds. The 911s (non-turbo) range between 4.5 and 4.8 to 60, and again this is on the Porsche Canada website. Also, as long as we are talking manufacturer/magazine numbers, for what it's worth Car and Driver (I think it was) achieved a 5.1 with a PP 2011 V6 Mustang.

2018 GT350 - Race red

2012 Mustang GT/CS - Race red - Electronics package - Security package - 3.73 - Steeda shift knob - Steeda shift bracket - ProCal II Tune - GT500 ABs - Shaftmasters DS - Boss 302S Wheels - Build date: February 14th, 2012

2011 Mustang V6 - Pony Package Premium Coupe - Black - Charcoal Leather - Roush Front Fascia - Matte Black Lemans and Hockey Stick Hood Stripes - 6% HP Charcoal Tint - 3.31
Rookie

Id race the boxster strarting in 3 gear. If its a guy in his 20s hes probably got an old boxster which wasnt even that fast if it was an s.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck89 View Post
I wouldn't put too much faith in that. Ford says 0-60 for the 5L is 4.3sec. Don't think anyone on this forum has managed that on stock components. Regardless, the nod would go to the better driver. As others have said, not worth the gas or the vehicle being impounded.
No one has managed that because 0-60 is a BS number used to advertise cars - its meaningless in drag racing. But yes, a 4.3 0-60 equates to mid/high 12's and plenty of people have ripped off those numbers on a bone stock car.

2011 Mustang GT M6 3.31s

Matt HONEYCUTT Tune, Lethal Off-Road X, GT500 axlebacks, J&M LCAs, UPR UCA, Whiteline LCA relocation brackets, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Koni STR.T shocks/struts, GT500 strut mounts, SR Strut Tower Brace

Best 1/4 E/T (05/18/14 MIR - no tune, X-pipe, or UCA): 12.920 @ 109.40 mph (2.059 60ft)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page