A D-Bag in a Boxster tried to race me last night... - Page 4 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpaulg87 View Post
Why are you talking about the Mustang 5.0 (oh I mean, "COYOTE" seriously, calling the car by it's engine?) as if it's some amazing car or super expensive? I ended up with a Shelby GT-500, I think that's a pretty big step ahead of it . Driven the 5.0 plenty of times, but it's just a 5.0.

4.3 is NOT normal lol, you could with drags maybe hit 4.5-4.7 if you are very good, but don't forget how much of a difference .2 of a second is.

Boy you are one angry man who likes balls.
Yes. Yes, I am an angry man. But it beats being the quivering high school twerp hoping to avoid getting smashed into a locker and trolling the internet to get my jollies. When you get on the school bus this afternoon and shuffle to the back window seat in order to avoid the gaze of the kids that pick on you, remember that I will be driving myself home in my 400 hp 'Coyote'. Lol.

2011 Mustang GT M6 3.31s

Matt HONEYCUTT Tune, Lethal Off-Road X, GT500 axlebacks, J&M LCAs, UPR UCA, Whiteline LCA relocation brackets, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Koni STR.T shocks/struts, GT500 strut mounts, SR Strut Tower Brace

Best 1/4 E/T (05/18/14 MIR - no tune, X-pipe, or UCA): 12.920 @ 109.40 mph (2.059 60ft)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

SHELBY GT 350 Member

Back in the day it was the cool kids that sat in the back....course it was the little bus I rode on.

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatopotomus View Post
Yes. Yes, I am an angry man. But it beats being the quivering high school twerp hoping to avoid getting smashed into a locker and trolling the internet to get my jollies. When you get on the school bus this afternoon and shuffle to the back window seat in order to avoid the gaze of the kids that pick on you, remember that I will be driving myself home in my 400 hp 'Coyote'. Lol.
Did you just get out of high school or something? Why do you keep bringing high school up? Do you really think I'm THAT young? (I wish I was)

You have fun in your "coyote" wait you mean Mustang GT, which is the basic high-school car. Dang, maybe you are in high school. But remember that I'll be driving around in my 560HP Shelby GT-500.

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVa5.0 View Post
First, wanting to do a bit of light-to-light fun doesn't make someone a D-bag. So, OP, pull the stick out of yer bottom.

Second, Boxsters, especially the newest ones, are serious machines. And they are also built much better, and from nicer materials. And if you really want the best Porsche, the current star in the line-up is the Cayman S. Basically a coupe Boxster. Does 0-60 in 4.1 seconds.

Don't rag on Porsches, or other performance cars. You may like your Mustang, but there are many other great cars out there. This "my car is better because it's a _____________" is stupid crapola. I give Porsches, Corvettes, Audis, anything performance oriented a "thumbs up" when I see them. Including older cars that people have worked on.
my boss just bought the a new 911 S and it's already been in the shop 2 times in 2 months...POS to pay that much IMO.

He had a 911 back in 2002 and it was also a POS. Said he'd never own another one...strange he does.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by discohouse View Post
my boss just bought the 911 and it's already been in the shop 2 times in 2 months...POS to pay that much IMO.

He had a 911 back in 2002 and it was also a POS. Said he'd never own another one...strange he does.

Yes, Porsches, BMWs, Merecedes.....these are not great reliability vehicles. But the people that can afford to own them don't care too much.

It's not that they're POS, it's that they're machines, built by humans. Nothing is perfect.

2012 GT Premium, Brembo PP, MT82, 3.73s, Blk/Blk. Bama 93R, Koni Yellow Rear Shocks, Hawk Ceramic pads, Luxurious & Plush Floor Mats
BOSS Member

Garage
This one of the most informative threads I've read in a while.

Shadow Black 2018 GT 10R80-355
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpaulg87 View Post
Why are you talking about the Mustang 5.0 (oh I mean, "COYOTE" seriously, calling the car by it's engine?) as if it's some amazing car or super expensive? I ended up with a Shelby GT-500, I think that's a pretty big step ahead of it . Driven the 5.0 plenty of times, but it's just a 5.0.

4.3 is NOT normal lol, you could with drags maybe hit 4.5-4.7 if you are very good, but don't forget how much of a difference .2 of a second is.

Boy you are one angry man who likes balls.
lol this has to be a troll job. People run mid 4 seconds all the time in GTs; as I mentioned in this thread I've ran 4.6 on all seasons in a completely stock car. Are you just really really bad at driving your GT500 or something? What has you so angry with the 5.0?
GT Member

in b4 the lock

2014 GT 5.0 | Premium | 401A | Roush A/B
GT Member

Best i hit in my GT was 4.8 to 60. No clue how motortrend does it in their videos and hits 4.2 seconds

Hell they hit 60 in 5.1 in the v6 in their youtube videos.

2014 GT 5.0 | Premium | 401A | Roush A/B
PONY Member

Just as an aside to all the fun.....

GT500s are not really all that much faster than BOSS or Brembo/Track Pack/3.73/MT82 cars to 60MPH. Just a few tenths difference. It's as the speed keeps climbing that the difference in power becomes noticeable.

2012 GT Premium, Brembo PP, MT82, 3.73s, Blk/Blk. Bama 93R, Koni Yellow Rear Shocks, Hawk Ceramic pads, Luxurious & Plush Floor Mats
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

This GT500 VS 5.0 discussion reminds me of the 5.0 VS 3.7 discussions....

Never argue with an idiot........They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVa5.0 View Post
Just as an aside to all the fun.....

GT500s are not really all that much faster than BOSS or Brembo/Track Pack/3.73/MT82 cars to 60MPH. Just a few tenths difference. It's as the speed keeps climbing that the difference in power becomes noticeable.
The 2013+ GT500 is significantly faster than the GT or Boss as it will reach 60 mph in first gear. 3.5 second according to Motor Trend.
GT Member

When I had a Diablosport Trinity tuner it claimed I did 0-60 in 4.4 seconds.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macabre View Post
The 2013+ GT500 is significantly faster than the GT or Boss as it will reach 60 mph in first gear. 3.5 second according to Motor Trend.
I thought it was more like 3.9-4.0 seconds.....but I'm old, my memory fails.

Rookie

Some of the newer Boxsters are pretty quick, but, a stock 5.0 should beat them without too much trouble.

Then again, we all know that GT's are slow and there is nothing special about a 5.0, so, be careful about what you encounter on the streets!

2014 GT - Track Pack, Leather Recaros, Electronics Package, Back-up Camera - Ported CJ Manifold, SCJ Mono-Blade TB, Custom Intake, Kooks 1-3/4" LT's, Kooks O/R H-pipe, Borla S-Types, AED Tuned - 443 RWHP / 388 RWTQ

Ordered: 3/19/2014 - Built: 5/13/2014 - Delivered: 5/19/2014
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page